Derby County Vs Bristol City matchday thread, Saturday 3pm kick off

Ram-Alf

Apparently, there's only one team in Bristol, but I have to ask : would anyone outside of Bristol notice if there were no teams in Bristol? Even Wigan, whose football team is truly an after-thought in a Rugby League mad town, have managed to win a major trophy. Arguably, to win their 'biggest' trophy so far, they had to pretend to be Welsh! I mean, how low are they prepared to go....?

This season has been one of, if not, the best in my 27 years as a ST holder. The bond built between the club and the fans is unbelievable. But most importantly for me is how my lads have taken to it. I was worried I was losing the younger one to Chelsea (Mason Mount link) through covid. But this season, especially since Xmas he has absolutely loved it, singing and shouting all game and now wanting to go away too, he’s had a ST for 4 years but has really got black and white in the blood now. Same with the oldest, at nearly 16 it’s not cool for him to come out with me but he is now the same wanting to attend all the games home and away and even a ST next year. 

Thanks to Wayne, the staff and the players for bringing this club as tight knit as it has ever been. Let’s get the takeover complete and see what the summer brings. 

Just now, Crewton said:

Apparently, there's only one team in Bristol, but I have to ask : would anyone outside of Bristol notice if there were no teams in Bristol? Even Wigan, whose football team is truly an after-thought in a Rugby League mad town, have managed to win a major trophy. Arguably, to win their 'biggest' trophy so far, they had to pretend to be Welsh! I mean, how low are they prepared to go....?

It’s Rovers who are on the way up.

City are the under-achievers whose fans emerge like Punxsutawney Phil once a year when they string together two wins. 

Not a time to fizzle out now. We need to continue to support the Club with 3 games left. The positive is that WR can now start to shape his thinking for next year...maybe blood those players on the periphery. Our job as fans is to continue to support in volume, both sound and physical presence-wise. WR believes Derby County is a "special club" - let's not drop off now just because we are confirmed as L1. Let's start the momentum for next year now. We've been down before and we will bounce back.   

There will be 2 or 3 lads that are 'next in line' from the Academy and it makes sense to give them a taste of first team - especially a taste of a 20k+ PP crowd. Not saying wholesale changes, but a few appetite-whetters for a select band of youngsters wouldn't be a bad thing.

And I'm guessing we may find out who ISN'T in next season plans too. Would be a shame if Fozzy didn't get a send off game though, assuming he may be one of those to thank for services rendered and wave farewell too in the summer.

Edited by StarterForTen
My typing is pants...

15 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

City are the under-achievers whose fans emerge like Punxsutawney Phil once a year when they string together two wins. 

They could quite easily change their name to Gobblers Knob FC I suppose.  As a bunch of c*********s be quite fitting.

25 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Owner worth 550 million.  Not shabby in that league.  Interestingly Swindon owners worth 200 million and their constantly on the precipice of going under it seems. Bit odd.  Must be more to it.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Owner worth 550 million.  Not shabby in that league.  Interestingly Swindon owners worth 200 million and their constantly on the precipice of going under it seems. Bit odd.  Must be more to it.

Lansdown is more interested in Bristol rugby now.

He has realised that owning a football club is like owning a daughter ??

Edited by Anag Ram
Autocorrect

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Not a time to fizzle out now. We need to continue to support the Club with 3 games left. The positive is that WR can now start to shape his thinking for next year...maybe blood those players on the periphery. Our job as fans is to continue to support in volume, both sound and physical presence-wise. WR believes Derby County is a "special club" - let's not drop off now just because we are confirmed as L1. Let's start the momentum for next year now. We've been down before and we will bounce back.   

He did say he will give some youngsters minutes later in the last 3 games in his presser.

2 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

There will be 2 or 3 lads that are 'next in line' from the Academy and it makes sense to give them a taste of first team - especially a taste of a 20k+ PP crowd. Not saying wholesale changes, but a few appetite-whetters for a select band of youngsters wouldn't be a bad thing.

And I'm guessing we may find out who ISN'T in next season plans too. Would be a shame if Fozzy didn't get a send off game though, assuming he may be one of those to thank for services rendered and wave farewell too in the summer.

I imagine Fozzy will be re-signed for League One. Cheap squad player with the right attitude.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can just imagine Bristol fans thinking it's going to be right good fun laughing at our expense all afternoon...

...and I'm sure they're not prepared for the love and support we'll show our team and manager.

… and the love we have for their manager 

We're only making plans for Nigel 
We only want what's worst for him 
We're only making plans for Nigel 
Nigel just needs that helping hand ?