Let's not be "that club"

TomBustler1884

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Soft spot for that club as my old man played for them back in the day..

They're our second team this season. We're off to see them again at Swindon next week. In the away end.

Building up a few vegan brownie points so we can watch Derby next season from the main stand instead of stood out in the rain on the away terrace! ?

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Like we've just lost 10 games on the bounce away from home so who are you stating are thinking that we're going to walk League 1 next season?

Plenty of comments on here and on Twitter. I'm sure plenty of it is hubris and coping mechanisms, but it will inevitably get picked up on by fans of other clubs!

We used a slogan in the 80’s ‘we’ll be back in 81’ I think it was or something close - anyway it backfired badly so I recommend avoid anything remotely similar 

Edited by Monty

18 minutes ago, Yani P said:

OK point taken avoid 81...

We'll be back in 23....

Haha suggest ‘we may be back at some indeterminate point subject to significant variables over which we have no control or influence’ good luck fitting that to a chant ?

Edited by Monty

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Haha suggest ‘we may be back at some indeterminate point subject to significant variables over which we have control or influence’ good luck fitting that to a chant ?

All together now...
We may be back at some indeterminate point  (Clap, clap)
Subject to significant variables over which we have control or influence. (Clap, clap, clap)

There.  That wasn't so difficult.  
Admittedly, I had to compose the tune too, so it won't be instantly recognisable, but it's very catchy!  Trust me!

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

All together now...
We may be back at some indeterminate point  (Clap, clap)
Subject to significant variables over which we have control or influence. (Clap, clap, clap)

There.  That wasn't so difficult.  
Admittedly, I had to compose the tune too, so it won't be instantly recognisable, but it's very catchy!  Trust me!

Is there a “ no “ missing before control

Hope that ’ doesn’t ruin the vibe

1 minute ago, StrawHillRam said:

Is there a “ no “ missing before control

Hope that ’ doesn’t ruin the vibe

Good spot correct thanks - edit completed ?

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

#Proofreadfail!   

#Blame Monty!

No excuse - mitigating circumstances distracted by having to cope with forest winning 4-0 

2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Plenty of comments on here and on Twitter. I'm sure plenty of it is hubris and coping mechanisms, but it will inevitably get picked up on by fans of other clubs!

So like about 10 people then? Social media doesn’t represent all fans. Call them out individually on Twitter if it makes you feel better but please don’t assume the majority think like this.

Even this forum is a tiny representation of our fan base.

Championship and League One are similar in this sense, very difficult to get promoted out of, but relegated sides from divisions upwards usually do quite well. The quality just isn't there and while every game is a scrap, if you've got the players you'll just breeze it. Look at Fulham as an example for this league. Look at Rotherham as an example in League One.

It will depend on what players we can get in/retain but I'm certainly confident Rooney will prepare them for some scrappy games.

There's players on the books at present who would be absolutely devastating a league down. Cashin would be an absolute monster. Nobody in League One can move the ball like Liam Thompson can. Ebiowei? Forget about any League One defenders stopping him. What are our chances of getting Plange back on loan and making him our first choice striker. League One top scorer right there. Allsop far and away the best keeper in League One??

Max Bird is one of the few contracted past this season. As long as he's not looking at jumping ship, which I'm not sure he would right now, he would be incredible. Plenty more examples, I could go on and on.

Fact is, it's not a guaranteed thing that we'll bounce back up but if we can retain some of these guys we're a very strong side indeed. Keep in mind that we've been relegated due to deductions, not on the field performances. I think you could take the team in 17th in most Championship seasons and put them in League One and reasonably expect them to come back up.

We've racked up 13 wins this season. You can expect us to be in the promotion race. I'll make a judgement on what I expect once I see the squad in August but let's be ambitious. I know we want to not pile on the pressure or expect too much of a club in rebuild, but we asked for a miracle this season and it brought out some incredible performances. We'd have been perfectly within our rights after a 21 point deduction to just "be realistic" and start preparing for League One, but we didn't. And what followed was a strangely enjoyable, if ultimately unsuccessful, rollercoaster ride of a season. One I will remember and treasure forever.

So in short - sod all that realistic expectations stuff, we're going straight back up. Believing is half the battle

I just hope we can compete in L1 while rebuilding DCFC. No doubt the majority of clubs relegated from the championship have expectations of bouncing straight back. In reality it's not so straight forward, Sunderland, Ipswich, Bolton a few prime examples of this. Things may become clearer when we see the what quality of squad the manager has to work with, and of course whether or not we start the season on -15 points. 

Most team that get relegated haven’t had 21 points deducted and nearly stayed up with a team that’s been mangled together and full of youth. 

Most teams supporters are also peed off with their club because they’ve been relegated. 

There’s none of that at Derby and I think we all feel confident that without a 15 point deduction we will be OK. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of those players want to sign new contracts and make a big push to get back to back promotions. 

20 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Championship and League One are similar in this sense, very difficult to get promoted out of, but relegated sides from divisions upwards usually do quite well. The quality just isn't there and while every game is a scrap, if you've got the players you'll just breeze it. Look at Fulham as an example for this league. Look at Rotherham as an example in League One.

It will depend on what players we can get in/retain but I'm certainly confident Rooney will prepare them for some scrappy games.

There's players on the books at present who would be absolutely devastating a league down. Cashin would be an absolute monster. Nobody in League One can move the ball like Liam Thompson can. Ebiowei? Forget about any League One defenders stopping him. What are our chances of getting Plange back on loan and making him our first choice striker. League One top scorer right there. Allsop far and away the best keeper in League One??

Max Bird is one of the few contracted past this season. As long as he's not looking at jumping ship, which I'm not sure he would right now, he would be incredible. Plenty more examples, I could go on and on.

Fact is, it's not a guaranteed thing that we'll bounce back up but if we can retain some of these guys we're a very strong side indeed. Keep in mind that we've been relegated due to deductions, not on the field performances. I think you could take the team in 17th in most Championship seasons and put them in League One and reasonably expect them to come back up.

We've racked up 13 wins this season. You can expect us to be in the promotion race. I'll make a judgement on what I expect once I see the squad in August but let's be ambitious. I know we want to not pile on the pressure or expect too much of a club in rebuild, but we asked for a miracle this season and it brought out some incredible performances. We'd have been perfectly within our rights after a 21 point deduction to just "be realistic" and start preparing for League One, but we didn't. And what followed was a strangely enjoyable, if ultimately unsuccessful, rollercoaster ride of a season. One I will remember and treasure forever.

So in short - sod all that realistic expectations stuff, we're going straight back up. Believing is half the battle

This 100%