To the EFL Championship

Bubbles

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Are Reading now, after being the team that relegates us, getting the same grief as us? They have after all been docked points for "cheating" and so should be hounded by opposition fans should they not?

Apparently not. And neither did Sheff Wednesday last year. 

Not sure why.

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure why.

Because they didn't have an owner who:

• directly challenged the EFL over a number of things, such as TV money, or
  • who then subsequently embarrassed them with a somewhat out of the box (but not illegal) accounting policy,
  • who further exacerbated poor feeling by his arrogant (I'm right) approach to business,

such that the EFL saw it their purpose in life to do all they could to propagate the downfall of this club through

• inconsistent application of so called rules,
  • retrospective changes to said rules when found wanting
  • processing dealings in timeframes orchestrated to do as much damage to us as possible,
  • applying maximum penalties and restrictions despite having discretion to be more lenient
  • failing to discourage spurious and malicious claims from fellow members,
  • revealing their lack of impartiality through the use of such phrases as "we are disappointed at the decision...." to name but one
  • leaking (and probably encouraging) negative and detrimental information to press 

All of which further fuelled the hate from fans who already bore us ill feeling.

My one concern remains that L1 is still governed (I use that term loosely) by the EFL.  One can hope this really will be a fresh start for all.

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure why.

Apparently we "gloried" in our cheating (thanks to whoever created that "strings meme), but they never did, and fully accepted their punishment - which just goes to show how little research they've done. The worst "zealots" are often fans of clubs who've found a dodge around FFP that the EFL has swallowed, or clubs who have been in financial ruin previously through overspending (or "cheating" as it's now officially known), or clubs that have actually been punished for breaching FFP when the punishments were feeble and the consequences minimal. QPR fans are, unfortunately, amongst the most self-righteous of these hypocrites. One of Morris' biggest  mistakes was in NOT suing QPR and Leicester for robbing us of promotion in 2013/14. The money spent on Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield and Jason Shackell in particular would have been far better spent on pursuing court cases. It would have been interesting to see how much encouragement and support he'd have had from the PL, the EFL and the rest of the football in doing to them what Boro and Wycombe were encouraged to do to us. My guess is "NIL".

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Are Reading now, after being the team that relegates us, getting the same grief as us? They have after all been docked points for "cheating" and so should be hounded by opposition fans should they not?

I don’t like the phrase cheating but what they did outstripped our punishment and I mean they have got off lightly but that said it looks like Birmingham city are getting away with the ultimate lack of punishment 

21 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t like the phrase cheating but what they did outstripped our punishment and I mean they have got off lightly but that said it looks like Birmingham city are getting away with the ultimate lack of punishment 

There surrounded by rapidly disintegrating stands riddled with asbestos so there is that.  Saying that, their probably immune to it's disastrous effects having no clearly defined evolutionary progress.   

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I am a great believer in the last laugh never actually being the last laugh!
There's always another laugh just around the corner.  Someone else doing the laughing.  Someone else being laughed at!

Our time to point and laugh will come again.

... which is nice!  ?

That finally made me laugh again, at last, for now anyway

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Apparently we "gloried" in our cheating (thanks to whoever created that "strings meme), but they never did, and fully accepted their punishment - which just goes to show how little research they've done. The worst "zealots" are often fans of clubs who've found a dodge around FFP that the EFL has swallowed, or clubs who have been in financial ruin previously through overspending (or "cheating" as it's now officially known), or clubs that have actually been punished for breaching FFP when the punishments were feeble and the consequences minimal. QPR fans are, unfortunately, amongst the most self-righteous of these hypocrites. One of Morris' biggest  mistakes was in NOT suing QPR and Leicester for robbing us of promotion in 2013/14. The money spent on Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield and Jason Shackell in particular would have been far better spent on pursuing court cases. It would have been interesting to see how much encouragement and support he'd have had from the PL, the EFL and the rest of the football in doing to them what Boro and Wycombe were encouraged to do to us. My guess is "NIL".

The strings meme was created before any issues were raised about our amortisation policy. It was when Gibson was complaining about the sale of PPS… a device which many other clubs have used including Reading. And we were cleared on that a further detail that most opposition. Fans seem to forget. 

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Not sure Neil Warnock would agree

44 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Or Tony Pulis.. sacked even though he would have got Boro promoted if not for Derby cheating. 

Or Stewart Downing
https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os18042/on-the-spot-salah-downing

“This goes on for six months, but I had a clause in my contract that if I played 23 games, I get another extension.
“I got to 22 games and we were playing on New Years Day, and Pulis pulls me in with Jonathan, my brother in law, and he didn’t even know. They’ve had a phone call in the morning from (owner and chairman) Steve Gibson to say ‘Stewart can’t play anymore, can’t start, he’s not getting that new deal’.
“It got to a point when there were about 10 games to go and Pulis said to me, 'if you sign this waiver, the club will offer you something in the summer'. Steve Gibson literally promised me, we had a meeting and he said ‘if you sign this waiver to play the last eight games to try and get us promoted, I’ll offer you something in the summer – a reduced contract’.
Downing continued: “I said right, we shook hands, I signed the waiver, played in the last eight games, and then (CEO) Neil Bausor rang me and said 'you’re free to speak to other clubs, you can leave'."

1 minute ago, JfR said:

Or Stewart Downing

“This goes on for six months, but I had a clause in my contract that if I played 23 games, I get another extension.
“I got to 22 games and we were playing on New Years Day, and Pulis pulls me in with Jonathan, my brother in law, and he didn’t even know. They’ve had a phone call in the morning from (owner and chairman) Steve Gibson to say ‘Stewart can’t play anymore, can’t start, he’s not getting that new deal’.
“It got to a point when there were about 10 games to go and Pulis said to me, 'if you sign this waiver, the club will offer you something in the summer'. Steve Gibson literally promised me, we had a meeting and he said ‘if you sign this waiver to play the last eight games to try and get us promoted, I’ll offer you something in the summer – a reduced contract’.
Downing continued: “I said right, we shook hands, I signed the waiver, played in the last eight games, and then (CEO) Neil Bausor rang me and said 'you’re free to speak to other clubs, you can leave'."

Gibson is an absolute Gibson.

4 minutes ago, JfR said:

Or Stewart Downing

Least he noticed I suppose, rather than Darren Bent turning up preseason and asking Derby for another 1.5 million in wages for getting splinters.

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I am a great believer in the last laugh never actually being the last laugh!
There's always another laugh just around the corner.  Someone else doing the laughing.  Someone else being laughed at!

Our time to point and laugh will come again.

... which is nice!  ?

It’ll all be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end.

this is just the middle of the story. A story that ends with back to back promotions and riding a wave all the way to Europe.

And if that’s doesn’t happen, then it’s still not the end, the story might just be longer and more epic than I first thought. A rea page-turner though, either way. 

6 hours ago, BucksRam said:

Because they didn't have an owner who:

• directly challenged the EFL over a number of things, such as TV money, or
  • who then subsequently embarrassed them with a somewhat out of the box (but not illegal) accounting policy,
  • who further exacerbated poor feeling by his arrogant (I'm right) approach to business,

such that the EFL saw it their purpose in life to do all they could to propagate the downfall of this club through

• inconsistent application of so called rules,
  • retrospective changes to said rules when found wanting
  • processing dealings in timeframes orchestrated to do as much damage to us as possible,
  • applying maximum penalties and restrictions despite having discretion to be more lenient
  • failing to discourage spurious and malicious claims from fellow members,
  • revealing their lack of impartiality through the use of such phrases as "we are disappointed at the decision...." to name but one
  • leaking (and probably encouraging) negative and detrimental information to press 

All of which further fuelled the hate from fans who already bore us ill feeling.

My one concern remains that L1 is still governed (I use that term loosely) by the EFL.  One can hope this really will be a fresh start for all.

I agree with this. Reform of the EFL has to come very soon.. the fan led review seems to be coming to fruition.

either way, Birch, Parry, Ridsdale all the current Board have to be sacked off. They are clearly not fit for purpose, individually or collectively.