To the EFL Championship

Bubbles

Kirchner says EFL has been supportive . I don’t know whether he is being niaive or trying to butter them up. If the latter I hope it works as neither Morris nor Quantuma had good relations with them. Let’s hope now the EFL has got what they want and relegated us they will finally allow this takeover to go through.

What winds me up is how Parry,who was a major player in setting up the premier league which like it or not created this mess, and Ridsdale who is basically a crook banned from being a director and did to Leeds what Mel did are now running the football league they had such big part of casting aside and as far as Im concerned ruining English football along with Murdoch. Unbelievable Geoff (through gritted teeth)!!

47 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Kirchner says EFL has been supportive . I don’t know whether he is being niaive or trying to butter them up. If the latter I hope it works as neither Morris nor Quantuma had good relations with them. Let’s hope now the EFL has got what they want and relegated us they will finally allow this takeover to go through.

I can see why he might have a better relationship with the EFL than either Mel or Q. Both of those were at loggerheads with the EFL and, certainly in the case of Mel, we’re seen as the enemy. Also, perhaps now they have had their pound of flesh and we have been relegated, they are adopting a more cooperative stance. 

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can see why he might have a better relationship with the EFL than either Mel or Q. Both of those were at loggerheads with the EFL and, certainly in the case of Mel, we’re seen as the enemy. Also, perhaps now they have had their pound of flesh and we have been relegated, they are adopting a more cooperative stance. 

Yes I can see why Mel and the EFL were enemies, but why were quantuma at loggerheads with EFL also?  Like you say now they have had their pound of flesh, or rather several tons of it, then maybe they  will  lay off us for once. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes I can see why Mel and the EFL were enemies, but why were quantuma at loggerheads with EFL also?  Like you say now they have had their pound of flesh, or rather several tons of it, then maybe they  will  lay off us for once. 

I can’t quote specifics but I seem to recall some critical statements from Q and then, for a time, Q were threatening to play the Covid card in order to force the issue. Whether true or not, I thought the EFL were also amongst those critical of Q’s lack of communication.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Let’s go with the butter shall we 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Quantuma weren't at loggerheads with the EFL when they first came in, but came up against the same intransigence, inconsistencies and manipulation that Morris did.

Add to that their pomposity and inability to prevent leaks, there's no wonder Quantuma stopped talking to them.

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Quantuma weren't at loggerheads with the EFL when they first came in, but came up against the same intransigence, inconsistencies and manipulation that Morris did.

Add to that their pomposity and inability to prevent leaks, there's no wonder Quantuma stopped talking to them.

Yes it was a rhetorical question really I know the answer too.. EFL are the common problem whoever is dealing with them.

yeh i was thinking just the same.  no wonder there are even premier clubs posting massive debts and having to perform accounting, debt swap acrobatics to keep going 

it also feels mad that player signs a contract with club who has to honour the payments (or match them) even when player goes to another club. 

but if a player decides to leave during the same contract  he isn't responsible for finding the club a equally good player is he? 

6 hours ago, JJs dms said:

What winds me up is how Parry,who was a major player in setting up the premier league which like it or not created this mess, and Ridsdale who is basically a crook banned from being a director and did to Leeds what Mel did are now running the football league they had such big part of casting aside and as far as Im concerned ruining English football along with Murdoch. Unbelievable Geoff (through gritted teeth)!!

*Jeff

?