World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

10 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

How Apt, The head of a Corrupt organisation bemoaning the West for their indiscretions in history...you could make this up ? 

The famous Ricky Gervais Golden Globes speech comes to mind when referring to Infantino.

“don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world.”

……………….no further comment required!

41 minutes ago, JfR said:

Say what you want about Blatter, but I don't think even he'd come out with such nonsense as this

A Sky reporter said...Infantino seemed like he'd had too many beers and someone should have said it's time to go home ?

Then we had the ex sky reporter who's now head of communications at FIFA saying FIFA are all inclusive...as he said he should know as he's Gay with lots of Gay friends, This all comes about because they'd given Qatar the WC, The Worlds press will have even more inclusive headlines tomorrow...Was Infantino Pi$$ed.

If you have access to Sky Sports on your mobile I would advise anyone to watch the report from Melissa Reddy. She nails it ????

FIFA shows itself for the disgrace of an organisation that it is by having yet another buffoon at the front of house. Infantino must be on very thin ice right now following this and his political address to the G20 earlier this week.

60D1520E-E288-47DA-9F41-1E92663F903F.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If you have access to Sky Sports on your mobile I would advise anyone to watch the report from Melissa Reddy. She nails it ????

FIFA shows itself for the disgrace of an organisation that it is by having yet another buffoon at the front of house. Infantino must be on very thin ice right now following this and his political address to the G20 earlier this week.

View it here ?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12750968/melissa-reddys-must-watch-analysis-of-gianni-infantinos-speech

I would imagine they're terrified that the crown jewel in their empire is going to pull in record low audiences and are trying to limit permanent damage to the tournament. This has been an absolute disaster for fifa and Qatar may well end up wishing they never paid so much for this 'honour'

It losses me off for many reasons, but one is that the world cup is meant to be for the fans. It’s meant to go to a country who has proven, ravenous fans from an established footballing culture, who will be super excited to host the World Cup. The legit reasons for hosting it in Qatar (as allowed to the actual reasons ie money, but the reason they legitimised their choice) was to bring football to a new part of the world.

well you don’t just go from 0 to 100 in one step. Getting the World Cup isn’t how you build a culture. You build it gradually, you invest in a strong league, and grass roots.

Money can buy you everything, it seems, including a fast track to a footballing culture, apparently.

by all means, take the World Cup to a different culture. It would be really interesting to see a world cup in a Muslim / Arab country. I can’t really argue against ‘no alcohol’. Just because it’s part of the established football culture, it probably shouldn’t be, it’s clearly not healthy and does more harm than good.

but if that’s what you want to do, give it to turkey, for example. That could be a really interesting World Cup.

they should have told Qatar, ‘by all means you can host the World Cup. Come back and bid in 20 years when you’ve invested in your grass roots, cleaned up your human rights, modernised some of views, and genuinely invested in the women’s game. Then we’ll see if you can host it.’

its all such a croc of s***, like we’re all too stupid to understand that it’s all about the money and the bribes. It’s so obviously about the money and the bribes, that it’s barely worth mentioning now. 

so stfu infantino, any words literally mean nothing. Just get on with the tournament, keep your head down, and pray you get through it without any further controversy, and then move on to the USA and put the whole sorry thing behind us.

It’s a shame, because maybe Qatar could build a footballing culture, given time, and become part of the footballing world. But this has probably irreparably damaged their image within world football, and I guarantee those stadiums will become ghost towns within the decade, and it’ll go alongside buying twitter as one of the greatest money pit folleys of all time.