Mel Or Bust?

DarkFruitsRam7

Mel Or Bust?  

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Not even arguably- it's absolutely right for the club to be punished further if they shaft their creditors, including the taxpayer.

Isn't that what the 12 points was for? And wasn't there supposed to be a force majeure clause whatever happened to that? The club is not shafting anyone , the admin team are trying to get the best deal for the creditors they can, why should they be punished for that.. any further punishment now only damages the prospects for creditors,  it is counter productive.  

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Isn't that what the 12 points was for? And wasn't there supposed to be a force majeure clause whatever happened to that? The club is not shafting anyone , the admin team are trying to get the best deal for the creditors they can, why should they be punished for that.. any further punishment now only damages the prospects for creditors,  it is counter productive.  

12 points was automatically triggered for going into administration.

I believe we won’t be deducted any more if the new owner pays enough of our debts to reach a certain threshold. Which doesn’t sound likely.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If I borrow a tenner from you then only give you £2.50 back, wouldn't you feel shafted. The club might not even reach those lofty heights.

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

OF course they are shafting their creditors if they are not paid in full, if we get a new owner any further punishment damages them and the club not the creditors as the level of debt repaid is agreed before takeover. It is up to the new owners to decide how they want to proceed.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I believe we won’t be deducted any more if the new owner pays enough of our debts to reach a certain threshold. Which doesn’t sound likely.

Not if mel pays it then be no further punishment.

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Is it possible to opt to liquidate Mel Morris?

Bottle him up and sell him in some hipster bar as a guest ale called old 4 eyed tw@, or somet like that.

It’ll be a good looking, stylish bottle, and the initial taste will be wonderful. At the expensive end of the Craft Ale price range, but initial thoughts will be positive. But as you make your way down the bottle a nasty smell, and sour taste, will become discernible, making you feel sick, and wanting to flush it down the drains. 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If I borrow a tenner from you then only give you £2.50 back, wouldn't you feel shafted. The club might not even reach those lofty heights.

I would feel shafted by Mel Morris. And do. If EFL had a proper licencing system then penalties could be applied against the (former) owners, not the club.  Punishing the club now is punishing the creditors, and is counter productive.  Plus we have already had a 12 point penalty, which given the mitigating circumstances of the pandemic is already more than enough.  

If we cannot pay creditors at least 25p in the £1 that is a sorry state of affairs, that's true. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

For a start we do not know what that threshold is since whatever those rules are the EFL do not publish them. So no I will not accept a punishment based on dodgy rules with no transparency or accountability. Plus our prospects of getting a decent deal on takeover have been sabotaged by the EFL (and Boro ). 

This is utter tripe.

No one is rushing to buy us as the exciting offer on hand is to acquire someone else's debts, inherit half a team full of players in League 1 plus no ground either. Bargain. Bugger all to do with the EFL and Boro. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This is utter tripe.

No one is rushing to buy us as the exciting offer on hand is to acquire someone else's debts, inherit half a team full of players in League 1 plus no ground either. Bargain. Bugger all to do with the EFL and Boro. 

The "This is utter tripe " comment was an early warning for your post I take it. The fact that we are heading for league One and not been able to renew players contracts has nothing to do  with EFL,  yeah right.

3 hours ago, Kathcairns said:

You maybe right, but you would'nt be able to say you were one of the teams to start the league, win 2 1st div titles and play in europe, its prob the older fans that think the history of a club is something special.

Do you think Rangers fans share the same opinion? I don't think it's got anything to do with not appreciating history tbh 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The "This is utter tripe " comment was an early warning for your post I take it. The fact that we are heading for league One and not been able to renew players contracts has nothing to do  with EFL,  yeah right.

Morris has been attempting to flog the club for ages prior to him dumping it into administration. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Morris has been attempting to flog the club for ages prior to him dumping it into administration. 

And all of that time the Boro claim was hanging over us and for most of it the EFL charges too. You cannot possibly say that the reason we are heading to League One has nothing to do  with EFL or Boro.  There was journo in the Daily Telegraph business section who made this point it has all had a negative impact on the clubs financial prospects.  Along with other things as well, rubbish signings being another.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Football creditors are paid all that they are owed. Other creditors must receive at least 25 pence in the pound (or 35 pence in the pound if paid over three years). A failure to meet this obligation could result in a further 15-point deduction for the club.