v Millwall (H) Match Thread

Day

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Normally I’m balanced - but gut wrenched to lose to Snake & his Derby misfit outfit and imposter fake management spiel ?

Unfortunately like Mowbray‘s Blackburn or Wilder’s Boro they are flat track bullies and we haven’t got enough players who can go toe to toe. Or we don’t get the luck or we’ve had refs that have played into their hands. Super frustrating but that’s the championship unfortunately. 

Edited by TuffLuff
The sentence I originally wrote was dreadful

Tonight was a classic case of an experienced Championship manager and a typically well-drilled and organised team knowing how to get a result and spoil the fun.

I hope it will be a lesson for Rooney and the players, because whichever league we are in next season, there will be plenty of teams who will follow the same blueprint. Birmingham almost did the exact same job on us 3.5 weeks ago.

I am not too despondent personally. I expected us to win tonight, but we have to remember this: would it be DCFC if we didn’t make life especially difficult for ourselves?

I just hope we see a reaction in the next two or three games. It’s a bad result but you can always counterbalance a bad result by getting a good one elsewhere. Going to high flying Luton and winning and a night like tonight is quickly forgotten.

It really comes down to Rooney and the players now to dig deep. How much do they have left to give?

Do they want to be the nearly men who threatened to do the impossible, burned brightly and faded rapidly? Or do they want to be the guys who came firing back yet again and found a way?

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

I’ve seen the Endeavour before.

It’s set near a nudist camp.

Rams are two down against a team managed by a Ram.

Ex Ram in the team.

Goodnight folk!

Have the in-laws staying with us. The old man is obsessed with Endeavour and Foyle's War... In hindsight Endeavour was probably more rewarding, turns out it was the guy who owned the taxi company, no-one suspected...

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Normally I’m balanced - but gut wrenched to lose to Snake & his Derby misfit outfit and imposter fake management spiel ?

Gonna go out on an unpopular limb here.  Rowett stays as manager we probably get promoted in the next two years.  He knows how to win in this league and can put teams who are competitive together for little cash.  Derby offered him no cash and made it clear we had to flog Vydra and probably others to balance the books. Then Lampard was given that cash to spend which seemed to surprise him somewhat. He's a good manager and I expect to move to a better job in the not to distant future.

Small, young and inexperienced squad catching up with us, not helped by some shocking defending, poor decision making in the final third and a poor ref (mainly allowing endless time wasting from the 10th minute onwards) and insufficient tempo, especially in the first half. 

Not over till it’s over, but that was a major blow. Two hard away games coming up. My normal endless optimism has taken a big hit tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Gonna go out on an unpopular limb here.  Rowett stays as manager we probably get promoted in the next two years.  He knows how to win in this league and can put teams who are competitive together for little cash.  Derby offered him no cash and made it clear we had to flog Vydra and probably others to balance the books. Then Lampard was given that cash to spend which seemed to surprise him somewhat. He's a good manager and I expect to move to a better job in the not to distant future.

He had an expensive squad at Stoke. 

And he was carp..... 

He is not a successful manager. 

I would start with Ravel instead of Sibley at Luton, also start with Kazim and Plange up front. Having one up front makes it easy for the opposition and we need to pull teams backline out of shape to create more chances.

Some on here painted a different picture of the game, I thought after we conceded the 2nd goal we had the better of the play but lacked the final ball to unlock Millwall's well drilled packed defence. I had this game down as a winable match, so now we have to find an away win in games I think we could lose including the Luton match this Saturday. Lets hope we can do it, COYR, FIGHT TO THE END

5 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I would start with Ravel instead of Sibley at Luton, also start with Kazim and Plange up front. Having one up front makes it easy for the opposition and we need to pull teams backline out of shape to create more chances.

Some on here painted a different picture of the game, I thought after we conceded the 2nd goal we had the better of the play but lacked the final ball to unlock Millwall's well drilled packed defence. I had this game down as a winable match, so now we have to find an away win in games I think we could lose including the Luton match this Saturday. Lets hope we can do it, COYR, FIGHT TO THE END

Ebiowei over Plange for me.