v Millwall (H) Match Thread

Day

Millwall are offering us any shot we want from outside the box, but not a single Derby player left on the pitch is prepared to back themself and take it on. If you don't buy a ticket, you can't win. How many times do we concede to deflected long-range efforts? We are not creating any clearcut chances by declining the shot and passing it in front of them. Another reason I'd have kept Sibbo on.

Now Byrne takes a corner straight out. A professional shouldn't do that. Jason Knight is everywhere, but again I point to his clear shooting chance from six yards out when he declined the shot and tried and failed to cross the ball.

Just now, DanS1992 said:

Only mistake really was the FK that lead to the first goal.

Didn't really see that one, but yes, possibly should not be.

At the same time, only Allsop to blame for that first goal. Terrible keeping, we would he singing songs if the opposition gk had been that bad

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Never was the old saying more appropriate. You've got to keep it tight if you're not playing well. 

Think the departure of Jagielka was terminal to that one .  Always seemed the most likely reason to me that we would stay up .  Pretty much any team in this division is dire from one game to the next.  Unfortunately, we don't have the attacking options to be shipping 2 goals a game on average.  Keep hold of Jagielka, I fancy we would have certainly finished around the 40 -42 point mark .  Very difficult now.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think the departure of Jagielka was terminal to that one .  Always seemed the most likely reason to me that we would stay up .  Pretty much any team in this division is dire from one game to the next.  Unfortunately, we don't have the attacking options to be shipping 2 goals a game on average.  Keep hold of Jagielka, I fancy we would have certainly finished around the 40 -42 point mark .  Very difficult now.

Agreed that he was a rock at times. 

I hate rowett. Absolute spineless jelly when he needs to go for it. 

Just seems to relish a career in dashing hopes where he and his rabble have none.... 

We can still do this.

Millwall singing "no one likes us" and that's very true - they're an ugly team. Macnamara (sp?) their best player on the night, who's really nullified any threat on our left.

But goals change games, just as the one at the start did. If someone would shoot we might get one back. Ebiowei looking very bright. Was just fouled right in front of the lino who gave nothing.