Jason Knight

DarkFruitsRam7

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Would be very odd for the club to push him forward for this interview if a move was in the offing 

If he can't even get a place ahead of Korey Smith at fullback now and that despite being the most effective and energetic midfielder we have he needs to leave.  Sitting on the bench every match at League 1 level would be insanity.  I fully expect he'll be gone in a few weeks.  Could be he's clearly stated he will be off in the summer and the club are not playing him to force a move early for the money.  Only thing that would make any sense to me.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If he can't even get a place ahead of Korey Smith at fullback now and that despite being the most effective and energetic midfielder we have he needs to leave.  Sitting on the bench every match at League 1 level would be insanity.  I fully expect he'll be gone in a few weeks.  Could be he's clearly stated he will be off in the summer and the club are not playing him to force a move early for the money.  Only thing that would make any sense to me.

I don’t think he’s on the bench on merit.

More likely they don’t want to rush him back after a nasty injury.

He is without doubt our best young player 

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Surely this is the most rational explanation? If we were trying to sell him, he wouldn't be in the matchday squad at all.

Probably somewhere in between. I doubt we want to sell him but if he’s not willing to sign another contract, having him fit enough to sell in January is logical. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Probably somewhere in between. I doubt we want to sell him but if he’s not willing to sign another contract, having him fit enough to sell in January is logical. 

There's probably no shortage of championship clubs seeing 6 months on his contract, i smell a bargain. Fortunatly we're now in a place where we can at least dismiss ridiculus low ball offers.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

f he can't even get a place ahead of Korey Smith at fullback now and that despite being the most effective and energetic midfielder we have he needs to leave

By JK’s standards his last 2 games at RB were poor and maybe there was some friction between him and PW about where he played. I’d think JK in midfield and Smith staying at RB makes most sense, not least because it puts the energy where you need it 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely vital to the way we play. All of our high energy play and running is built from Knight. Gets himself into great position and carries the ball brilliantly too. Our midfield has been significantly better now he's back in and playing.

Yep it's no coincidence things have clicked nicely since his return to midfield. He creates space for those behind him to flourish, Hourihane and Bird have taken that opportunity with aplomb!

We looked much more balanced now we have a midfield runner. 

I think Jason has only recently hit the sort of form we'd hoped. Maybe he was taking a while to get back up to speed and understand the Warne way. I'd still much rather have both him and Sibley in midfield, who would complement each other so well. And be terrifying for the opposition. But it's good that Hourihane is being more involved and we're seeing better form from him too. I'm sure the two of them are helping each other, with the Irish connection a big plus too.