Jason Knight

DarkFruitsRam7

His biggest attribute is his energy, which means he presses high which is what Warne wants from the team. His issue is, where do we play him? He isnt a winger, so its either in the 10 which means you either drop McGoldrick or Collins, or you put him in the 2 for either Bird or Hourihane. If you put him in the 2 he then cant press that high up anyway.

He is best suited to a 3 man midfield either in a 433 or 352. I personally hope we dont go back to a 352 for home games as we look much better as a 4231, 352 away will work & I can see us playing it vs Bolton with maybe Davies & Knight in for Smith & Barkhuizen 

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

His biggest attribute is his energy, which means he presses high which is what Warne wants from the team. His issue is, where do we play him? He isnt a winger, so its either in the 10 which means you either drop McGoldrick or Collins, or you put him in the 2 for either Bird or Hourihane. If you put him in the 2 he then cant press that high up anyway.

He is best suited to a 3 man midfield either in a 433 or 352. I personally hope we dont go back to a 352 for home games as we look much better as a 4231, 352 away will work & I can see us playing it vs Bolton with maybe Davies & Knight in for Smith & Barkhuizen 

I don’t know why we can’t be 442 with Knight and Bird in the middle. We’ve got wingers who both help out in the middle, all we need is a RB. 

I do wonder if we could convince Knight to sign an extension and come to a “gentleman’s agreement” that if a club does offer decent money we’ll let him go. He strikes me as having a bit more character about him than some of our former players and hasn’t appeared to down tools at any time. I remember reading about either our own or another clubs recent transfer embargo that suggested players existing contractual terms could be offered, so while we might not be able to improve Knight’s wages we could possibly maintain them under the restrictions, however this is pure speculation on my part based on many half remembered articles I poured over in the summer. 

If he's to go I'll wager all's been sorted and player/players will be brought in, PW has done without Knight for a good few weeks and we've managed, He sure is a talent, Has he had his agent in his ear?, Does he want more money? is he after a higher standard of football...only he and maybe a few others are aware, He comes across as a very level headed young man and loyalty will be high on his list, Whether a fee or compensation we'll get something, Those in or hovering around the top of the Championship will know what they are getting(if he's available)that little push to the promised land...whatever is decided he goes/stays with my thanks ? 

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

If he's to go I'll wager all's been sorted and player/players will be brought in, PW has done without Knight for a good few weeks and we've managed, He sure is a talent, Has he had his agent in his ear?, Does he want more money? is he after a higher standard of football...only he and maybe a few others are aware, He comes across as a very level headed young man and loyalty will be high on his list, Whether a fee or compensation we'll get something, Those in or hovering around the top of the Championship will know what they are getting(if he's available)that little push to the promised land...whatever is decided he goes/stays with my thanks ? 

You don't think he was making sure he was fully fit, the ankle knock was worse than first thought. Yes, we've 'managed' lots of draws! ?

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You don't think he was making sure he was fully fit, the ankle knock was worse than first thought. Yes, we've 'managed' lots of draws! ?

I know as much as you Roy, Davies was rushed back maybe a lesson learned who knows, If you can't win...then make sure you don't lose ?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

6 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Any player brought in to replace him, will not 

10 hours ago, jono said:

I don’t know why we can’t be 442 with Knight and Bird in the middle. We’ve got wingers who both help out in the middle, all we need is a RB. 

He can't play DCM. His control isn't tight enough to receive the balls in tight areas with back to goal. He needs the game in front of him. 

Just now, sage said:

He can't play DCM. His control isn't tight enough to receive the balls in tight areas with back to goal. He needs the game in front of him. 

Keane and Scholes did all right though ? And perhaps his control will improve ? Yet, I see your point, he’s a charger, best when moving/advancing on to a ball. Fascinating game isn’t it ??

1 minute ago, jono said:

Keane and Scholes did all right though ? And perhaps his control will improve ? Yet, I see your point, he’s a charger, best when moving/advancing on to a ball. Fascinating game isn’t it ??

They had better control. If you lose the ball in DCM, two times out of three, it leads to an attempt on goal.