Time to ditch the messing about with it at the back?

Jimbo Ram

7 hours ago, Andicis said:

Stearman, whilst good in the air, cannot pass a football properly. It's a major obstacle to us playing it out from the back, we're missing Jagielka badly. 

Having played with people who only made it semi pro and yet we’re technically superior to Joe public in every way I think someone who has been a professional footballer for as long as he has, must be able to pass. You don’t get picked up as a kid because you’ve got a massive head.

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't think it's a case of ditching playing out from the back. It's just a case of not making stupid mistakes. Passing the ball to a marked player has nothing to do with tactics or philosophy, it's just the basics of football. We are making too many stupid individual errors.

This?

Individual errors by players who make a wrong choice at the time, There's not a player that hasn't made a mastake in their life, When a team presses the defending team is then put under pressure, It's this that is the cause of our mistakes, Once it's gone back to Allsop that's when other players should make themselves free, Unfortunatley Allsop/Roos play it to a person who's not in the best position to accept the ball.

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Having played with people who only made it semi pro and yet we’re technically superior to Joe public in every way I think someone who has been a professional footballer for as long as he has, must be able to pass. You don’t get picked up as a kid because you’ve got a massive head.

Obviously he passes better than the public. It was a bit of hyperbole, but the point is that by professional footballer standards he's a pretty poor passer. 

8 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

Wayne is managing every game as if it was a cup final.

He has the team playing as if the very existence of the Club depended on it!

You know what?

It does!

And it’s working!

Come on you Rams!

Do it for Derbyshire!

Do it for justice in Football!

Save Derby County!

This reminds me of a very shouty Yorkshireman banging on about his cup of tea

The flaw in the tactic isn't the outfield players so much as the keeper. Allsop needs to become a better judge of when it's appropriate to play out. He's too fond of wall passes to a player who has an opponent breathing down his neck. He also needs reminding that he's not Manuel Nauer.