Fans are our own worst enemy at times

IlsonDerby

Talking about anti social behaviour….

For various reasons I gave my ticket for the WBA game in the north stand to my mum to sit with my dad and my 13 year old lad, whilst I sat with my nephew in the east stand.  It is funny that my mum who is over 70! has suddenly, in the last couple of years, realised that she actually enjoys watching the Rams and gets quite excited…

Although over 70 she is pretty naive, and my lad reported back that a few people were doing a certain gesture with fingers and thumb made in the Shape of an “O” at certain times - and my mum joined in….

She had not a clue what it meant! ???. Good job that she wasn’t dragged away! ???

3 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

For various reasons I gave my ticket for the WBA game in the north stand to my mum to sit with my dad and my 13 year old lad, whilst I sat with my nephew in the east stand.  It is funny that my mum who is over 70! has suddenly, in the last couple of years, realised that she actually enjoys watching the Rams and gets quite excited…

Although over 70 she is pretty naive, and my lad reported back that a few people were doing a certain gesture with fingers and thumb made in the Shape of an “O” at certain times - and my mum joined in….

She had not a clue what it meant! ???. Good job that she wasn’t dragged away! ???

I think it's time you sat her down, and had THAT talk!   ?

On 23/01/2022 at 07:19, IlsonDerby said:

Idiots recording and uploading videos of the fans singing about partying when Gibson dies onto social media. 

Why?

Why can’t they just be normal rather than idiots?

Why do they think it’s useful to start alienating other fans when we need as many friends as possible in the footballing world right now? 

That video is losing us sympathy left, right and centre at a time when we need to backing of our fellow football fans.  . 

We need to flush these weasels out of the club or their loved ones need to ban them from drinking before the football.

And if you’re going to comment to say every club has this sort of fan then don’t bother, tired of making excuses based on the fact other clubs have fans who don’t know right from wrong after a shandy too. 

Not football fans, just morons who have infiltrated football. 

If the authorities determine that the strength of feeling untoward Steve Gibson was so ill willed that he was given security protection and the seats directly around the directors box were saved for match going Boro fans then in the grand scheme of things a nasty song being sung is a win.

Legally, uttering ‘oh my God’ is still illegal. Words are words. Grow up. We’re all gonna face The Big Sleep one day anyway. 

I have no problem with the song.  Putting it on social media was pretty stupid from a PR perspective, but not 'kicking a cat' stupid.

Surely everybody has a 'gonna have a party' list of people.  I certainly have.  Probably not an actual party (I have no friends), but I'll be secretly happy that karma/God/the grim reaper has finally intervened.  Next doors dog died recently, and while I expressed sorrow to my neighbour, that was not what I was actually feeling.

14 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

For various reasons I gave my ticket for the WBA game in the north stand to my mum to sit with my dad and my 13 year old lad, whilst I sat with my nephew in the east stand.  It is funny that my mum who is over 70! has suddenly, in the last couple of years, realised that she actually enjoys watching the Rams and gets quite excited

I guess when you were concieved there wasn't any foreplay

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, am I right in thinking that there was tension and some unpleasant events but not the reenactment of the Balkan wars of the early 90s?

Yes 17 arrests including possession of flares (not the trouser variety) and assaulting emergency workers. 

The scenes after the game you couldn't even describe them as a proper melee if you watch the video footage more like jostling aggressive chanting. Probably not very pleasant if you were caught up in it but not like the Battle of Rorkes Drift either. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

15 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Just had a look and nowts happened. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Exactly.

It’s OK to make that summation from the comfort of your armchair but I can assure you if one of the bricks and stones that was rained down on us on the underpass had connected with someone’s head it could have been very nasty. So please don’t make comments on something you know nothing about other than something on Facebook 

There are some clips on YouTube with some pockets of trouble in the town, I have to say like many Boro fans I have always admired and like Derby county football club, I hope this is just a stupid small chapter between our two clubs and hopefully get back to the friendly banter we have always had.

hope you stay up and go to better things in the future UTB and Derby.