Let's get national media coverage

IslandExile

21 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I've just emailed the ITV Central news team (thanks @SecretDave for the address) to say this:

I understand that you will be covering the Derby County versus EFL story on your programme this evening, and in particular the petition that is generating so much support from fans of other clubs. Thank you for doing so.
If you find someone from the EFL to comment, you may wish to ask whether the EFL by not ending the chancer claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe are preventing the Administrators from carrying out their legal duty to secure funding from new owners. That funding will pay the creditors the monies that they are entitled to.
Another point, you may like to raise is that Rick Parry, the Chairman of the EFL, has stated in response to Supporters Groups' questions that he is not aware of the details of the claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe. Do you not think that he should have a full understanding since those claims are threatening the very existence of a founder member of the Football League?

This is so important.

When things get to the national stage, where the audience's understanding is naturally going to be less than our own, it's absolutely vital that the discussion is focused on the pivotal points such as these.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if there is any way to get the players to wear a tshirt saying something like 'Save Our Club' during their warm up on Saturday with it being live on TV - might get us a bit of air time on the programme itself but maybe other news outlets too

Only if they write it on themselves using a marker pen paid for by crowd funding.

The club cannot afford to have shirts printed especially.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Only if they write it on themselves using a marker pen paid for by crowd funding.

The club cannot afford to have shirts printed especially.

Maybe the players fund it? Hardly going to cost too much, ive seen lawrence helped toward the flag repairs. But I agree, it shouldnt come out of the clubs money.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe the players fund it? Hardly going to cost too much, ive seen lawrence helped toward the flag repairs. But I agree, it shouldnt come out of the clubs money.

Sorry, I was trying to be funny.

Yeah, I agree...t-shirts, flags, songs, anything that draws attention to it has to be a good thing.

I wonder how much Sky will cover the crisis in their build up to the game. I suspect it will be 30 minutes of "is Rooney the right man for Everton?"