Let's get national media coverage

IslandExile

We need the campaign for fairness, support for the petition and the need for a fit-for-purpose EFL, to reach and be promoted by the National media.

Please provide details of contacts so that we might all do that and post any response that you receive.

Send news of the petition, supporting MPs and celebrities, anything that will make it a public interest story. Let's get the issues covered.

For example:

BBC Football suggest:

Get involved #bbcfootball or text 81111 (UK only, standard message rates apply)

It really annoys me that the only interest the national media - Sky especially - have with us is whether Everton will recruit Rooney.

Premier, Premier, Premier.

One angle they could take about Derby's fight with the EFL is that it could scupper an amazing football miracle - in their efforts to get founder member Derby relegated/liquidated, the EFL breaking the law along the way, they may kill a sports story to go with the best of them.

34 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It really annoys me that the only interest the national media - Sky especially - have with us is whether Everton will recruit Rooney.

Premier, Premier, Premier.

One angle they could take about Derby's fight with the EFL is that it could scupper an amazing football miracle - in their efforts to get founder member Derby relegated/liquidated, the EFL breaking the law along the way, they may kill a sports story to go with the best of them.

Yeah it’s a infuriating innit. Think theres a few who can’t be bothered to really look into it. Look at Henry Winter’s half commited tweet last night. It helps but it’s not really getting the point over.

I fear the big story they are waiting for would be our liquidation then it would be National news with lots of hand wringing and seeking blame, ‘how was this allowed to happen’ until then I’m afraid aside from local sports reporting we are small beer! The news we get to hear about is very selective.

1 minute ago, Sufferingfool said:

I fear the big story they are waiting for would be our liquidation then it would be National news with lots of hand wringing and seeking blame, ‘how was this allowed to happen’ until then I’m afraid aside from local sports reporting we are small beer! The news we get to hear about is very selective.

Which is why something 'newsworthy' needs doing. Anyone up for chaining themselves to part of the stadium?

I tried posting this on the "Who should replace Benitez at Everton discussion? on bbc/football:

Only coverage that DCFC get: will Rooney be next manager of Everton. Premier League is all that matters to BBC and Sky. If you care about football and how the EFL are trying to destroy one of its founder members, please sign this: https://www.change.org/p/sports-minister-for-england-sports-minister-to-look-into-the-ongoing-situation-between-the-efl-Derby-county?recruiter=false

Rejected: "...off-topic for the discussion."

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I tried posting this on the "Who should replace Benitez at Everton discussion? on bbc/football:

Only coverage that DCFC get: will Rooney be next manager of Everton. Premier League is all that matters to BBC and Sky. If you care about football and how the EFL are trying to destroy one of its founder members, please sign this: https://www.change.org/p/sports-minister-for-england-sports-minister-to-look-into-the-ongoing-situation-between-the-efl-Derby-county?recruiter=false

Rejected: "...off-topic for the discussion."

Why isn't there a discussion for the EFL and Derby County situation? That's the crucial question.

Just now, cosmic said:

Gary Neville's "Save Brewdog" tweet sums it up. No interest whatsoever outside the top 6. 

He did mention our situation on Friday night football a few months ago, I think it was when we went into administration. But it's not good enough. This needs to be everywhere. Those who dont understand the situation need to understand it.