How are you feeling now? @14/1/22

IslandExile

How are you feeling now? @14/1/22  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’d rather us have to start again than give money to Gibson or Wycombe. 
What an awful shower they’ve showed themselves to be. 
I am disgusted over the financial mismanagement of our club, the behaviour of the EFL and the two other club owners involved. 
To be honest I’m anxious, I just want to know what’s happening if it’s liquidation then let’s get it done with I think we’ve had enough ‘imminently, next week, tomorrows’ to last us a life time. 
We are fans it’s our club. We’ll stick around so Derby will survive in one way or another. 
COYR. 

Anger, sadness and fear.

Angry because the EFL as the governing body should be helping to sort this out, because two member clubs are solely pursuing their own interests vindictively and because all three of those parties could put a stop to it now. In 5 minutes flat. But show no signs of wanting to do so - quite the contrary in fact. Angry because they are playing not only with my club, my passion, but also with the livelihoods of many within it and lives around it.

Sadness because, and I appreciate this might not be a common held view, a fan made money, bought the football club he’d supported as a boy, invested heavily, had success and made mistakes and his (and our) dreams weren’t realised. If football - all sport - can’t be about achieving dreams then it is nothing. If football just has to be about big clubs earning more and more money by being on TV, which it increasingly is, then it is losing its romance.

And fear because we are back where we were pre-Maxwell, post Maxwell and during and post the 3 amigos. Although we, in the end, came out of those periods OK the football and financial regulations are now very different. A successful outcome this time is by no means guaranteed. We will need some luck, a lot of hard work and some people with some money willing to take a risk.  

We can help, us fans. We can turn up, be loud and be encouraging. We can create pressure on opposition players, on media, on opposition fans and on two clubs and one organisation. We can be a reason why someone will want to invest.

When we point the finger at the EFL, who are the people we are actually pointing at? Is it the EFL management team head by Rick Parry, the EFL board or the owners of the 72 member clubs that forms the organisation that constitutes the EFL. 

If it's Parry,is he only carrying out the wishes of the board and the member clubs. Or do people believe that he's gone rogue and he as his own agenda for what he's doing.

But whichever it is, It's ultimately 71 club owners  that are accountable for allowing, condoning what is happening.

Not sure of this is the right place but just defeated.  When the news hit, my mood just collapsed and I've struggled to pick up interest since.

It is fine for people to say it's just a game, or for people who have no interest in football to not care, but to us it's more than just the club.  It's the history and, for me, the memories of going to games with my grandfather and my father, and the potential lost chance to make memories with my own child who might grow up with no memory of DCFC. 

I have vivid memories of my first game as an ST holder (coincidentally Kazim's Brighton debut), of Idiakez scoring a late equaliser v. Palace, of beating WBA in the first new Wembley play off final and the next day going to Pride Park to hear Jonno give a rousing speech, Bryson's hat trick v Forest etc etc.  To know that this is may how that all may end is soul destroying.

I posted a few days ago that I don't live in the area and it'd be difficult to get my child interested in a phoenix club...I was happy to joke then that I may need to find a new team as a result, but now it's a very depressing reality...I might settle for that team being whoever Middlesbrough are playing that week though.

Sick to the stomach, despair, anger, defiance. We can clearly see what’s happening, we’re all emotionally invested in it but when you’re explaining it to people who don’t, find myself being like a Covid conspiracy theorist - don’t believe mainstream media etc etc. 

Mel Morris is to blame first and foremost for all of this, and some fans need to realise our anger towards the EFL, Boro,Wycombe does not absolve him of blame. It isn’t binary it’s Mel’s fault or it’s everyone else’s, Mel is to blame for us being in administration and creating the mess. The EFL are to blame for blocking us from exiting administration (and creditors being paid a decent amount) through their unlawful blackmail and playground bullying.

I’m beyond angry with the EFL, I’m incandescent with rage!! I heard Simon Stone on RD earlier (BBC Sport), and I was shouting at Coles on the radio to get him off air, he was defending the EFL saying they don’t really have a choice. However on reflection he’s right. The EFL don’t have a choice, they represent the clubs. Therefore if the majority of the clubs want something done about Derby they have to comply. Clearly a number of clubs have forced this position and have therefore forced the EFL to act. And they’ve done it by changing their rulebook because they can.

The whole notion of having a body that is simply representing the clubs is absurd. It only ever leads to mob rule and bullying if you fall out of favour. This will never change unless there is an independent regulator.

Its not the EFL board or EFL individuals that are to blame, it’s the EFL’s very fabric and structure that isn’t fit for purpose and that is leading to absurd decisions like today. The EFL sent Macc and Bury out of business, did they or was it rival clubs ganging up on them exactly like the championship clubs are doing to us right now which caused them to go bust?

Its bleak today, I think it will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better and we will come out of this a stronger and better club.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

I feel the EFL are being vindictive against us. 

Liquidation is a real possibility but I hope Ashley comes in at the last minute to stop it. 

Pretty sure the EFL will bottle it before liquidation happens. Unfortunately by that time a lot of damage will have been done. 

Probably as bad as I first felt when it became apparent we were entering administration back on that depressing Friday evening in September.

I do think we’ll ultimately be OK though and be around long enough to see better days. It will no doubt be a bumpy road ahead and a lot of pain involved, but I truly believe, maybe slightly naively, that we will have a club to support for many years to come.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Looking forward to going to the game tomorrow to enjoy a couple of pints, have a sing song and hopefully back Rooney and the lads to another 3 points.

DTID. ?

I’m currently feeling (after a few drinks) duck the EFL, duck gibson and duck that Bamford at Wycombe, take us down to wherever, I’ll still be there. I’d rather our club die a martyr than succumb to these bullies. Derby County may not live for ever but we would rise like a phoenix and I know for sure I’ll be there. 

don’t pay those tossers a penny and fight the EFL until the very end! COYR ?

I think I can cope with worse case scenario.   What I’m going to struggle with is my my son.  He is a massive Derby supporter and has just started going to away matches with his mates.  Bad enough being 16 in a pandemic ffs.

He still has a season ticket with me and as we both get older we will have less in common, so I regard these years as quite precious, I thought we would’ve had a few more before he succumbs to the south stand LOL!

So for him to have his team took away  from him, now, after all the disruption to his teenage years really grinds me down.  What I can’t cope with is that it’s avoidable and if if happens it’s because the people behind it are doing it for no other reason than their own ego and money they don’t really need. 
duckin  shame!