How are you feeling now? @14/1/22

IslandExile

How are you feeling now? @14/1/22  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Following on from the similar poll 2 or 3 weeks ago, how are you feeling now?

Things seem to be changing rapidly, yet somehow it all remains the same. So I've timestamped this poll 14 January.

Yesterday, it was all looking so good.

Rooney and the players looked as though they could pull off a miraculous escape from relegation. We were within 48 hours of a Preferred Bidder being announced.

Then ** boom ** and now...

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I feel the EFL are being vindictive against us. 

Liquidation is a real possibility but I hope Ashley comes in at the last minute to stop it. 

Too many people interested curtains. Liquidation won’t happen but starting next season in league one on -15 is very likely 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Too many people interested curtains. Liquidation won’t happen but starting next season in league one on -15 is very likely 

Do agree with that as I don’t believe Ashley or Appleby will let it happen.
Next couple of months regarding wages etc will be difficult.

The whole world seems against Derby particularly Boro and Gibson and the EFL. 
Seems like doing well on field has worked against us as other clubs afraid we could stay up. 

Really need to duck Boro and Wycombe off.  

Edited by Curtains
Added

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I feel the EFL are being vindictive against us. 

Liquidation is a real possibility but I hope Ashley comes in at the last minute to stop it. 

It's out in the open now - what the EFL are doing goes against the law. Plus what are HMRC going to say when they see those two chancers get the money that should be theirs (ours!)?

Note to the EFL: "I Fought The Law and The Law Won!"

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's out in the open now - what the EFL are doing goes against the law. Plus what are HMRC going to say when they see those two chancers get the money that should be theirs (ours!)?

Note to the EFL: "I Fought The Law and The Law Won!"

I’ve said all along the EFL are acting disgustingly.

They need to be shown out as do Boro. 

If we go to League 1 with -15 we have to take it 

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Seems like doing well on field has worked against us as other clubs afraid we could stay up. 

I think you have hit the nail on the head with "Seems like doing well on field has worked against us as other clubs afraid we could stay up."  Its exactly this. They cannot let us stay up especially with the plucky underdog narrative that was starting to build.  EFL want relegation certainty.  I hope something in this stirs someone like Mr Ashley for a fight

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We won’t be liquidated. Too many people interested, but we’ll lose our best players the academy may be shut and I’ve also put we’ll lose Rooney although I really hope not.

Rooney is the only thing holding the club together at the moment, if he decides to walk (or is pushed) it'll be the end of DCFC.

I feel sick. Believed in what Rooney said yesterday (as he did ), to this a day later. This was supposed to be the start of a new era, then, we lose jags. Thought he would be kept around and resigned tomorrow or next day at the most. Heading to stoke now has really got me. Efl are a joke and are punishing us unfairly. We have broken the rules and have been punished for it. Slate should be clean. 

Really annoyed and worried about the outcome of today and feel that Rooney's time as manager will end shortly. He cannot continue to put up with this any longer. No one would blame him if he left.

Mel Morris instead of being a Lionel pickering figure in years to come will be known as  the man who brought Derby county to it's knees. 

The news today has saddened me more than that of administration. 

Fair play to all who will attend the match tomorrow and give the boys %100 backing. Good luck. 

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It's called blackmail , the EFL have Boro's CEO on their board , that's a MASSIVE conflict of interests so the EFL will just sit back , if we go under it will be a lesson to other clubs if we pay up their board member is happy and they would probably get a kick back from him 

I don't think liquidation is inevitable but I'm certainly more nervous of this happening than at any point during this process. If we can't sue the efl to let the takeover go through and the claims aren't settled then we could easily run out of money and time. It's absolutely sickening that these 2 parasites could kill the club and the efl are actively helping them to do it. There needs to be significant pressure legally put on the efl and pressure on boro and wycombe's owners to drop the claims by any legal avenue available to us. 

4 minutes ago, Sport Billy said:

Liquidation is very likely , which of the 3 bidders is going to risk being liable for a further 51 million pounds ?? 

A train of thoughts is Gibson might settle for 10 Million but even that seems too high with the other debts .

You could have 10 bidders but none of them will proceed until Boro/Wycombe sorted .

MSD I doubt will loan anymore so the only option is player sales to provide cash to pay wages of players and staff and general club costs. 
It looks like the EFL want us down this season before compromise can be reached 

Very sad indeed