How are you feeling now? @14/1/22

IslandExile

How are you feeling now? @14/1/22  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, I Am Sheep said:

I said as soon as we started to rally on the pitch that the EFL would do anything they possibly could to make sure we were relegated.

Dunno why I've still got that c*** as my avatar...

Mel did allude to the fact he had to put the club into administration to have a chance of changing ownership of the club because the EFL were hell bent on preventing him doing so...personally I have to reevaluate the credence I gave to those claims. 

They signed off the accounts then went back and changed their minds, they appealed the punishments and eventually 'settled' for 9 points for breaking FFP...(plus did things like not giving us the covid payments etc).

I was 100% furious with Mel,  that's dropped to 80% now as its clear he would have encountered worse problems dealing with them than the administrators have. In hindsight administration has made things 10x worse than imaginable but I can start to see why he got desperate.

Edited by Chester40

Resigned to the view, the EFL as incompetent as a governing body that they are, will do very little to help our cause now.

So until we accept whatever their whim is, they will seek to punish us. Too many people within the EFL want to weaken our position either for financial gain (Boro/Wycombe aside) by picking up cheap players or vested interests to see us crumble.

If by some footballing miracle we stay up this season, they would only seek to find some manner to punish us next season under new ownership, strict business plan, further points deduction you name it, because others vested interests want us to remain weak and those voices are being heard in the EFL corridors, more than our own.

The governing body are doing nothing to protect us, merely listen to others that wish to see us fail.

Duck the lot of them. Getting ready to support our team, we are the future of Derby in whatever guise.

Wycombe and Boro chairmen are both businessmen so they will be fully aware that they are potentially jeopardising the existence of the club with their actions.

Seems to me they are applying their own form of Shylock retribution which is if I  can't have my money I will extract my pound of flesh as revenge so will get my satisfaction in either event.

Can only think Morris must have royally pissed  both of them off for them to get to this point ditto the EFL who don't seem to be in any rush to intervene.

Guess when you make crass comments about having them on strings this is what the outcome is.

Edited by Tyler Durden

11 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

It's the history and, for me, the memories of going to games with my grandfather and my father, and the potential lost chance to make memories with my own child who might grow up with no memory of DCFC. 

This exactly. 

Like many Derby fans, it's part of who I am, and I can trace my family history of support all the way back to 1884. I resent these chancers putting the continuity of all that at risk and, in a way, desecrating the graves of my family now departed. To have opposing fans milking our situation stirs up some very negative sentiments in me, stuff I thought I'd moved well beyond. If I'm feeling like this, I can only imagine how the younger section of the fanbase are feeling. I think there's some very dangerous energy being created by those who have it in for our club and they appear to be completely oblivious to how this could pan out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2022 at 08:23, Rampant said:

Angered that we can't allow a buyer to take over the club on the understanding that the claims from those two clubs can go to court. 

I'll be sickened if and when the young talent is sold off for a fraction of their value.

Angered also by Morris' silence. 

Well how are we all today? Just noticed Rampant's post at the end of this thread from before and nothing has changed has it other than the young talent is going but brilliant pressure built up do we will see.  
Today I have woken up feeling so nervous and nauseous - big day

19 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Well how are we all today? Just noticed Rampant's post at the end of this thread from before and nothing has changed has it other than the young talent is going but brilliant pressure built up do we will see.  

More questions than answers?

I presume a preferred bidder is to be named today, I can only think it’s the binnies. Whoever it is has to be prepared to take on Boro etc. Non of the 3 are that inspiring to me but having a club is everything.

Hope I'm desperately wrong but still think the EFL have one or two more vindictive twists of the knife left in them before things progress. They are desperate we go down but a couple of wins in the next 3/4 games and it's game on. They know that so will  try to gain a bit more advantage before they have to cut loose. I detest them (and Morris) more than I've ever detested anything in my life. Need a holiday....

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I’ve half given up. The decision makers that are all against us and want to see us dinner alive.

Who would want to be a member of a corrupt league with other clubs taking advantage.

Imagine if you are a member of a golf club (chess club, book club  and the club itself and the other members were victimising you for their own advantage.

Problem is that there is no escape unless we get promoted out of it.