What action can fans take against Wycombe and Middlesbrough

Curtains

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

I'd like to hear the EFL come out and say this because I doubt that another club making an unprovable claim against a club in Administration would ever be classed as a legitimate creditor. If that is the EFL's position, it proves that this is about killing off DCFC, not the integrity of their precious competition. 

Spot on.

If the situation is as reported, and I have my doubts, then the most ironic aspect to this whole sorry saga is it could very well herald the end of the EFL, at least in its current guise. Whereas Derby were very much the focus for most of the last two years, the light is shining brightly on Parry and co now and it's really not a good look. Their zealousness to punish us to the full letter has left them squarely between a rock and a hard place and I really can't see how they survive this unscathed.

7 hours ago, angieram said:

How many posters advocating we boycott the Middlesbrough game are regular away attenders themselves? 

Curious to know as none of the people I chat to at away matches are intending to boycott. 

We should be selling it out and making our voices heard. I get the sentiment people are saying to say by not give money to boro - but I think it’s letting Gibson off the hook by not being there and letting him know what he’s doing.

Also the team needs us more than ever, every game for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, Ramos said:

We should be selling it out and making our voices heard. I get the sentiment people are saying to say by not give money to boro - but I think it’s letting Gibson off the hook by not being there and letting him know what he’s doing.

Also the team needs us more than ever, every game for the rest of the season. 

You think gibson gives a flying if away fans sing abusive songs about him as he counts the money the same fans have just effectively put into his pocket?

6 hours ago, The_Sheriff said:

You think gibson gives a flying if away fans sing abusive songs about him as he counts the money the same fans have just effectively put into his pocket?

For one game only don't go the press will then get on it, put your money this day to local teams, Belper, Matlock, Alfreton, Mickleover or whoever, an extra 200/300 on a gate will see them right for a few months. Gibson doesn't care less what u chant, vote with your feet then other supports might get behind us more than ever. 

7 minutes ago, falconram said:

For one game only don't go the press will then get on it, put your money this day to local teams, Belper, Matlock, Alfreton, Mickleover or whoever, an extra 200/300 on a gate will see them right for a few months. Gibson doesn't care less what u chant, vote with your feet then other supports might get behind us more than ever. 

How? Some people will go regardless so the story will be 'not that many away fans travelled from the bottom 3 club'. Hardly compelling.

Protests outside,  banners, delaying the team bus, throwing blow-up balls on the pitch to delay the start...whatever...that is a story. Even wear black arm bands (and ask the players to do it too) to highlight the death of the club ... I'm not sure exactly but I do know 'not going' isn't a headline story.

Yes the only way not going would work is if the club decided not to sell the tickets at all as a protest so there would literally be zero in the away end. Several thousand supporters have different views as this thread shows so no single outcome would come if the fans decided.

2 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Yes the only way not going would work is if the club decided not to sell the tickets at all as a protest so there would literally be zero in the away end. Several thousand supporters have different views as this thread shows so no single outcome would come if the fans decided.

It's the only way, lying in front of the team bus or trying to throw a beach ball from the back of the stands won't do anything 

I'm in no way a regular attendee of matches anymore so it's maybe not for me to say but I'm with boycotting this match. Whatever happens it has to be done peacefully and in style. 

Personally I think the really classy thing to do would be to find a small local charity in the Middlesbrough area and donate the cost of a ticket to them. Just image 2000 Derby fans doing that it would bring in over £50000 and it will gain a lot of publicity and show us in a great light. Even thought I would not have been attending the match I'll happily put in £30 or whatever a ticket would cost.

By choosing a Middlesbrough charity it will show we have no problem with Middlesbrough, just there owner who in the long run with his action if true, may well end up doing more damage to his own club than to Derby

Edited by Maxwell Baxter
typo's

15 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Our few pounds of ticket fees won’t make much difference.

Cheering our team to three points would harm them more.

Keep them in mid table mediocrity.

Agree with this…..

3000 @ £30 = £90k

If us taking 3 points means they miss out on a play off place then they lose a guaranteed £45m ?