Admins chased

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Agreed, quick someone, post something about stadium pictures, memorabilia, shirts, books. It’ll divert our troubled minds.

Derby County commissioned a photographers , who took loads of their original photos going back 100 years, to sort out and repair them for an exhibition they were putting on at the museum.  They made a photograph for each of the remaining FA cup winners of the squad with the trophy.  As I knew the bloke who ran it, he did me one as a gift .  Not sure how many there are but even though it must be over 30 years ago there's definitely less than eleven.  

First thing that came to mind.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Id rather people just left the administrators get on with their job to be honest.

What difference is them providing answers to these questions going to make to the process?

Any negatives answers will play into the hands of any vultures circling around our youngsters, any positive answers will be passed off as spin or lies.

The only thing I want to hear from the administrators is when a deal is done, I dont even need to know who the preferred bidder is, its completely irrelevant to me and the whole process.

Whilst I agree it doesn’t make the process move any faster, you can’t blame fans for asking the question. Ultimately the service they are (currently) providing is for the fans. Keeping the club going for the fans. 
At the same time I don’t agree the demand for answers on x number of topics. That does waste time. 
A letter along the lines of 

Mr Admin,

You told us you expected to be naming a preferred bidder imminently, have you got any further update you can share? 

Now he’s going to get someone to spend a day drafting a reply, check it over, check with his legal team it’s not going to jeopardise anything, potentially have to run it buy the preferred bidders Legal team. By which time something might have changed and they’ll have to redraft. 

Just asking is there any update, would have been much more useful. If we do get a reply to this, it can only mean nothing is happening in January IMO 

37 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Whilst I agree it doesn’t make the process move any faster, you can’t blame fans for asking the question. Ultimately the service they are (currently) providing is for the fans. Keeping the club going for the fans. 
At the same time I don’t agree the demand for answers on x number of topics. That does waste time. 
A letter along the lines of 

Mr Admin,

You told us you expected to be naming a preferred bidder imminently, have you got any further update you can share? 

Now he’s going to get someone to spend a day drafting a reply, check it over, check with his legal team it’s not going to jeopardise anything, potentially have to run it buy the preferred bidders Legal team. By which time something might have changed and they’ll have to redraft. 

Just asking is there any update, would have been much more useful. If we do get a reply to this, it can only mean nothing is happening in January IMO 

They are not providing a service to the fans and are not answerable to us in anyway.

The service they are providing is for the creditors.

I think this is what many are failing to see.

10 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

How many of us at work are asked why things can’t be done quicker, usually by someone who hasn’t got a clue?  And then you’re thinking “it’d be a lot quicker if you left me alone rather than taking up my time with your questions”.  Probably what the admins are thinking now.

Completely agree when people ask questions it is quicker but then again I don’t think you would give 3 deadlines to put your work in to miss all deadlines. Think somebody higher up would be asking questions on what you are doing with your time. The admins have made a rod for there own back by giving deadlines and missing every single one and also what doesn’t help is we have been here before this time last year so it’s like deja vu and look how that ended!!

3 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Completely agree when people ask questions it is quicker but then again I don’t think you would give 3 deadlines to put your work in to miss all deadlines. Think somebody higher up would be asking questions on what you are doing with your time. The admins have made a rod for there own back by giving deadlines and missing every single one and also what doesn’t help is we have been here before this time last year so it’s like deja vu and look how that ended!!

Fair point but there’s been four working days since the last announcement.  And three of them are hardly normal days as most people are on hols.

Using the word imminent is leaving themselves open to criticism but in some regards they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.  Try and keep fans informed the minute something is missed they’re jumped on.  Say nothing they’re accused of hiding something.

At this point, let them get on with it, let them keep the staff at the club informed.  Wait until there’s something meaningful to say.  I don’t think Kirchener has helped as it was his hissy fit that led to the last statement, probably in haste.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

1 minute ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Fair point but there’s been four working days since the last announcement.  And three of them are hardly normal days as most people are on hols.

Using the word imminent is leaving themselves open to criticism but in some regards they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.  Try and keep fans informed the minute something is missed they’re jumped on.  Say nothing they’re accused of hiding something.

At this point, let them get on with it, let them keep the staff at the club informed.  Wait until there’s something meaningful to say.  I don’t think Kitchener has helped as it was his hissy fit that led to the last statement, probably in haste.

I agree, not sure how saying "imminently" is a deadline either. Very vague and open to interpretation!

13 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

At this point, let them get on with it, let them keep the staff at the club informed.  Wait until there’s something meaningful to say.  I don’t think Kirchener has helped as it was his hissy fit that led to the last statement, probably in haste.

You're righ, but perhaps it was imminent - then perhaps a new bidder appeared - or one of the exisiting ones had second thoughts.

Nothing is done until it's done - the constant whinging and gnashing of teeth on here by folk that should know better is pointless at best.....

19 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I agree, not sure how saying "imminently" is a deadline either. Very vague and open to interpretation!

It is.

...but I'd estimate that if you told 100 members of the public that something was imminent then 80-90 of them would interpret it as meaning in the next few minutes or hours, and at the very longest a couple of days.

I think you'd have to be playing dumb a little to use the word imminent and not expect people to be on your case about it once it falls beyond that sort of time frame.

It's just not a word you use if you're anything less than 100% certain of something happening.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

They are not providing a service to the fans and are not answerable to us in anyway.

The service they are providing is for the creditors.

I think this is what many are failing to see.

In which case, why do they continue to meet with the fan groups?  Surely this is also a waste of their time?