Admins chased

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

They are not providing a service to the fans and are not answerable to us in anyway.

The service they are providing is for the creditors.

I think this is what many are failing to see.

You are  just taking a pedantic view here. 
If you don’t think that an institution that is built upon fans paying to keep a club running isn’t answerable to its main income stream then I’d have to question your logic. 

No fans, no income, no club. 

The fans are the clubs customers, in fact its their whole customer base. And without the income from season tickets, match day tickets and hot dogs. They’d have nothing to rescue. 

So, it’s not very often I would say this so plainly. You are wrong. They are answerable to the fan base as a whole, as we are their biggest stakeholders.

I do disagree with making a list of demands though, just a line asking for a quick update would suffice and waste less time and hysteria. 

18 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

If you don’t think that an institution that is built upon fans paying to keep a club running isn’t answerable to its main income stream then I’d have to question your logic. 

The fans are the clubs customers, in fact its their whole customer base. And without the income from season tickets, match day tickets and hot dogs. They’d have nothing to rescue. 

So, it’s not very often I would say this so plainly. You are wrong. They are answerable to the fan base as a whole, as we are their biggest stakeholders.

I do disagree with making a list of demands though, just a line asking for a quick update would suffice and waste less time and hysteria. 

The Administrators main responsibility is to maximise the return to the Creditors by what ever means that may take.

(Hence possible 'fire sale' of players in January if no deal is agreed soon )

41 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Sorry but you really don't understand the role of the Administrators - of course there is no club without the fans, but that doesn't mean that the Administrators are required/need to speak to the fans. The are answerable to the creditors (only), not the fan base.

Providing an update to us is a courtesy, which they do because they appreciate the links between the club and its supporters, but they are solely there to maximise the return to the creditors - preferably via a sale, but if not, by liquidating the club and selling off whatever has any value.....

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Sorry but you really don't understand the role of the Administrators - of course there is no club without the fans, but that doesn't mean that the Administrators are required/need to speak to the fans. The are answerable to the creditors (only), not the fan base.

Providing an update to us is a courtesy, which they do because they appreciate the links between the club and its supporters, but they are solely there to maximise the return to the creditors - preferably via a sale, but if not, by liquidating the club and selling off whatever has any value.....

The first role of administrators is to attempt business rescue, only if this fails do they move to liquidation process at which point they must secure maximum returns for creditors.  We are very much at the business rescue stage and hence customers (in this case fans) are pivotal to any success.  Engaging with the supporters groups is seen as a very important role to Quantuma (so i have been told).

4 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

The first role of administrators is to attempt business rescue, only if this fails do they move to liquidation process at which point they must secure maximum returns for creditors.  We are very much at the business rescue stage and hence customers (in this case fans) are pivotal to any success.  Engaging with the supporters groups is seen as a very important role to Quantuma (so i have been told).

Did you read the comment I was replying to? The suggestion was that the Administrators are answerable to the fans - which is quite clearly incorrect whatever stage of the process we're at.....

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Did you read the comment I was replying to? The suggestion was that the Administrators are answerable to the fans - which is quite clearly incorrect whatever stage of the process we're at.....

Yes i did and you stated the administrators do not need to or are required to speak to the fans.  I merely explained why they would wish to do so.

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Being equally pedantic, the clubs revenue in recent times has been split roughly equally between matchday, TV/Solidarity payments and commercial revenue, so financially the fans aren't the biggest stakeholders. 

Being practical, I agree that the Administrators have to take the fans along with them if they want to encourage support to be maintained through the Administration process to get as much money through matchday sales as possible. I think Quantuma have tried to, but perhaps are finding it impossible to provide enough clarity now because the issues are so sensitive?

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

The Administrators main responsibility is to maximise the return to the Creditors by what ever means that may take.

So it is better for the creditors if the club is sold rather than having a fire sale. The fans are part of the going forward so to maximise what the creditors get makes the fans quite important

Pity they didn't think of that when they let CK off the hook, partially by not communicating with him for 40 days as he stated

So maximising the return… selling the club. 

If the admin engage with Fan's, more fans turn up to games and make Derby look more saleable. 

If they don’t, no relationship is built, lack of interest/encouragement, lower attendances. Valuation impacted. 

Like I say, getting the best deal for the creditors includes keeping a healthy line of comms with the biggest stakeholders.

I will repeat, I disagree with the demand letter for answers on all parts of our club, but fans asking is there any update, is a fair question and the administrators should be doing anything they can to keep fans on board. 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

If the admin engage with Fan's, more fans turn up to games and make Derby look more saleable. 

If they don’t, no relationship is built, lack of interest/encouragement, lower attendances. Valuation impacted. 

Like I say, getting the best deal for the creditors includes keeping a healthy line of comms with the biggeststakeholders.

I will repeat, I disagree with the demand letter for answers on all parts of our club, but fans asking is there any update, is a fair question and the administrators should be doing anything they can to keep fans on board. 

2 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

As good as your speech is, it is you that is wrong.

They are not answerable to me in anyway shape or form.

You may think they are answerable to you, but they are not.

Nothing pedantic about it, administrators are appointed to serve the best interests of the creditors, not the customers. 

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

The First role of administrators is to sort out an an outcome for the creditors if possible, not attempt a business rescue, If after sorting that out and they can get the club on a viable financial setting then they will try to sell the club, if the debts are too high to be serviced then they will place the club in liquidation. All they are concerned about are financial matters. If potential buyers submit bids which the administrators see as not meeting their requirements then they will be rejected.

I know it's frustrating but if the administrators are not in a position to say anything more, what would be the point in endless engagement that says "we're working on it, but don't have anything new to say" each time.

The administrators and potential buyers do have some reasonable expectation to conduct business in private, especially when things are not yet at any confirmation of preferred bidder status.

They shouldn't have said imminently and should have said "expect to name a preferred bidder in due course"

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I know it's frustrating but if the administrators are not in a position to say anything more, what would be the point in endless engagement that says "we're working on it, but don't have anything new to say" each time.

The administrators and potential buyers do have some reasonable expectation to conduct business in private, especially when things are not yet at any confirmation of preferred bidder status.

They shouldn't have said imminently and should have said "expect to name a preferred bidder in due course"

You’re right! They were telling lies when they said imminently, as I said at the time, they were getting bad press and made something up to avoid problems over Christmas.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

The First role of administrators is to sort out an an outcome for the creditors if possible, not attempt a business rescue, If after sorting that out and they can get the club on a viable financial setting then they will try to sell the club, if the debts are too high to be serviced then they will place the club in liquidation. All they are concerned about are financial matters. If potential buyers submit bids which the administrators see as not meeting their requirements then they will be rejected.

I disagree in as much as,  the best outcome for creditors is through business rescue, in our case business rescue means sale of the business to a purchaser who meets the requirements and will give the creditors the best outcome.