Admins chased

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I know it's frustrating but if the administrators are not in a position to say anything more, what would be the point in endless engagement that says "we're working on it, but don't have anything new to say" each time.

The administrators and potential buyers do have some reasonable expectation to conduct business in private, especially when things are not yet at any confirmation of preferred bidder status.

They shouldn't have said imminently and should have said "expect to name a preferred bidder in due course"

And if that was their closing sentence on Christmas eve the fans would'nt be so frustrated/angry etc. But to say "imminently" then no other comments and 12 days later still nothing, is disgusting. You can look at it several ways with what their job spec is ? Make cuts=done, Sort out who needs paying=done, Find prospective buyers and do checks on them=done, Keep the shareholders updated=not sure. 

Administration in business is slightly different to a proffesional  football club going into administration and this lot at our club need to get it right or lose out on other future clubs needing their so called expertise if they fall foul. What they are not doing is giving any feedback to Wayne Rooney (who must have a plan A & B waiting to be implemented. And yes the fans are important, they are part of the clubs business plan/ structure. Future shareholders, buyers of the product (tickets), merchandise etc But to go 12 days with not even atalk with the manager, local press and fans is out of order.  I don't want any replies on here stating they are busy, they can't spare any time (it takes minutes to out with an update statement, even if there is no update TELL US).

21 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

And if that was their closing sentence on Christmas eve the fans would'nt be so frustrated/angry etc. But to say "imminently" then no other comments and 12 days later still nothing, is disgusting. You can look at it several ways with what their job spec is ? Make cuts=done, Sort out who needs paying=done, Find prospective buyers and do checks on them=done, Keep the shareholders updated=not sure. 

Administration in business is slightly different to a proffesional  football club going into administration and this lot at our club need to get it right or lose out on other future clubs needing their so called expertise if they fall foul. What they are not doing is giving any feedback to Wayne Rooney (who must have a plan A & B waiting to be implemented. And yes the fans are important, they are part of the clubs business plan/ structure. Future shareholders, buyers of the product (tickets), merchandise etc But to go 12 days with not even atalk with the manager, local press and fans is out of order.  I don't want any replies on here stating they are busy, they can't spare any time (it takes minutes to out with an update statement, even if there is no update TELL US).

Absolutly.

We don't expect details of negotiations or anything particully insightful, but saying it's immenant and then radio silence is counter productive.

Even if it's just a regular noise to some of the local journos to say "we're still working on things but it's going to take a bit longer, nothing concerning" just keeps the anxiety down as bit.

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

I disagree in as much as,  the best outcome for creditors is through business rescue, in our case business rescue means sale of the business to a purchaser who meets the requirements and will give the creditors the best outcome.  

But that's not the way it works,administrators are brought in as the club cannot meet it's liabilities, until a sale can be considered the administrators have to get the clubs finances in order including foremost their duty to creditors. The only assets the club has is the players and many are out of contract in the summer,some may leave in this window,some may sign pre contract agreements to join other clubs in the summer,these will no longer be counted as assets so further reducing the value. If proposed buyers submit a bid on that valuation i doubt very much the administrators would accept the bid. The buyers have to provide expected financial incoming/outgoings going forward. The best outcome for fans is a business rescue but that may not be the case for creditors.

5 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

So it is better for the creditors if the club is sold rather than having a fire sale. The fans are part of the going forward so to maximise what the creditors get makes the fans quite important

The club will only go forward if it's viable,unfortunately fans are not an asset.

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The club will only go forward if it's viable,unfortunately fans are not an asset.

A regular buyer is an investor in the football club, therefor a fan BUYING, tickets, club shop items, programs etc are an asset. No fans, no buyer, no asset from approximately 40,000+ fans. Other assests are the infrastructure of the club also, i.e. Stadium, training/accademy ground, saleable players etc

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As good as your speech is, it is you that is wrong.

They are not answerable to me in anyway shape or form.

You may think they are answerable to you, but they are not.

Nothing pedantic about it, administrators are appointed to serve the best interests of the creditors, not the customers. 

They are not answerable to you or I. They are to a collective fan base. 
As it happens, every ticket counts. 

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

A regular buyer is an investor in the football club, therefor a fan BUYING, tickets, club shop items, programs etc are an asset. No fans, no buyer, no asset from approximately 40,000+ fans. Other assests are the infrastructure of the club also, i.e. Stadium, training/accademy ground, saleable players etc

What other assets, the club don't own the stadium or training ground, fans are not classed as assets,the club don't own any fans.

I thought I’d have a quick google and find out what’s the typical time for a football club to be in administration for and came across this.  This was published in February 2021 and Wigan came out of administration in March, I think, so making their period about 8 or 9 months.  We’re now 12 days short of four months, the shortest time so far.  The average is about 9 months, give or take.  Obviously we don’t know the ins and outs or how complex these may or may not have been.

We know our situation isn’t the most straightforward with the number of companies Mel set up, who owns the ground (or who doesn’t), the amount we owe various creditors (inc HMRC), etc.  The administrators have been optimistic, maybe to allay fans fears, but I think shows that they’re far from stringing it along and there’s a long way to go before there’s cause for panic.

And the maximum amount of time a club can be in administration is 18 months.  Just trying to be helpful ?.

2F67988A-25D2-4185-BA1D-3479E074BF29.jpeg

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

23 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I thought I’d have a quick google and find out what’s the typical time for a football club to be in administration for and came across this.  This was published in February 2021 and Wigan came out of administration in March, I think, so making their period about 8 or 9 months.  We’re now 12 days short of four months, the shortest time so far.  The average is about 9 months, give or take.  Obviously we don’t know the ins and outs or how complex these may or may not have been.

We know our situation isn’t the most straightforward with the number of companies Mel set up, who owns the ground (or who doesn’t), the amount we owe various creditors (inc HMRC), etc.  The administrators have been optimistic, maybe to allay fans fears, but I think shows that they’re far from stringing it along and there’s a long way to go before there’s cause for panic.

And the maximum amount of time a club can be in administration is 18 months.  Just trying to be helpful ?.

2F67988A-25D2-4185-BA1D-3479E074BF29.jpeg

I guess it all depends on number of bidders & how many deals then collapse, im sure Wigan had a few preferred bidders that didnt materialise

20 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

What other assets, the club don't own the stadium or training ground, fans are not classed as assets,the club don't own any fans.

Look up "Asset" it means a useful thing or person. A similar wording for asset "an item of property owned by a person or company, regarding as having value and available to meet debts, commitments or legacies"

A football business would definitely class a fan being useful (buying tickets etc) an asset. Even though a football club don't own the fan, his or her legacy to the club is still feeding monies into the company by regularly buying its product.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Fans help to make it viable. Right at the start when the administrators made their first statement going forward was one of their stated aims. Fans make it go forward

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

Assets are what people own,if you think otherwise carry on.

So the footballers at Derby are'nt ASSETS because the club don't own them, going by your statement. They are employees who are under various contracts and if the administrators were to sell a player still under contract and make money for the club, is that not a asset?