The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 hours ago, winktheram said:

I 'heard' it's not Ashley screwing down a deal, his bid is in. The new spanner in the works was a last minute bid by Dell (msd) l. Would make sense as they are the major creditor with money already in he club and the stadium. 

Thought Dell was part of the American consortium interested in buying Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Thought Dell was part of the American consortium interested in buying Chelsea.

Couldn't they buy us both?

We could then borrow all of their U23s to get out of League One, whilst we build up our Academy again.

If we could then get promotion to the Premier League, they could sell us and make a tidy profit.

Am I being too unrealistic?

I think the telling thing about sevco/rangers is the way Celtic welcomed them for the first match since the liquidation - surprisingly, for newly formed club that just made it to the top flight, they greeted them as if they were the the old rangers and charged ticket prices and policed the match as if it was the old rangers.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the telling thing about sevco/rangers is the way Celtic welcomed them for the first match since the liquidation - surprisingly, for newly formed club that just made it to the top flight, they greeted them as if they were the the old rangers and charged ticket prices and policed the match as if it was the old rangers.

Yep, I'm sure if/after we do/don't get liquidated Forest Kingdom will be as welcoming

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A phoenix club would start at the bottom of the pyramid (as per AFC Bury). However, if still in essence the original club, they'll be placed at a suitable level.

If Man Utd went into liquidation, which league do you think they'd start in?

If a L2 side goes into liquidation, they'll start in the National League, most likely one of the North/South ones.

In Bury's case (the real one, not the phoenix club) next season they'll be in NL North or the tier below due to missing a season. They were in L1 in 19/20. Would have been in L2 in 20/21, NL in 21/22, so NL North would be the likely league in 22/23.

L2 for Derby in the circumstances presented is more than fair.

i agree its fair but good luck convincing the others clubs that, not only hasnt it happened before it would set a precident going forward which allows clubs to easily wipe debt. if man utd went into liquidation they would wipe billions in debt, any division they start in that isnt the 8th tier would be a huge advantage for them.

and the national league and football league are two different entities

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not misogynistic or sexist much.

I had the pleasure of working with 10 women when the fifty shades of grey book series come out and all I heard about was willies, bums and other things for months. Like I was sat in a vortex in the middle.  Read a chapter at lunch then compare it to various geezers they knew  or had including whether others they knew in the office may be up too much.  Same know with women who are retiring next year going on about what they'd like to do with a bloke 30 years younger than them when they read a story on C Beebies.  I wouldn't get too concerned, everyone's still doing it. 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Well explained GoC. Also worth mentioning Rangers were part of a massive tax dodge. not just that they couldn't pay the tax bill, they had tried an elaborate scheme to avoid tax which failed. So much more of a moral hazard to let them off lightly.

Rangers then owner was, not the players, coaches, fans or even new owners.

I understand the need for deterrents, but it can't be right that the bad guys get to walk away, leaving the innocents to take the punishments.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Even if it were true I don’t think anyone in their right minds would believe league 2 teams could go into liquidation, reform, and remain in L2.

I don’t know what criteria they use (in Macclesfield’s case for example) but I assume the principle is that the Phoenix club has to rejoin the pyramid at a much lower level.

The guidelines are that genuine pheonix teams should drop three divisions, but the final say rests with the league that they're dropping into. 

We ought to drop into the Conference, but I believe there has been an outline discussion that we'd go into League 2. I imagine that they would consider a debt free Derby County as having far too much of a financial advantage in the Conference, along with the safety aspects of thousands of travelling fans going to some glorified pub grounds.