The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think you are the only one who still listens to Radio Derby.

I do find it a good way of understanding the situation, rather than panicking at any sniff Percy/Nixon decide to say and then writing my immediate thoughts online about it. 

Why wouldn’t I take it in media that, as a Derby fan, is catered to me to help align my thinking? It makes no sense how people on here hang on the every word of some journalists that aren’t writing for you and ignore the ones that are.

The one positive from that recent communication for me is that the sale of any players is basically up to the preferred bidder - which makes absolute sense because that’s the only real thing they are buying because the ground is simply a separate transaction from MM and if players are sold the value of the overall purchase goes down and by a lot because players in their late 30s have no value and neither do 16 year olds in addition to supporters not paying to watch nothing worth watching.

if the preferred bidder wants to sell all the players that is ultimately up to them and similarly if they want to keep them we will keep them but as is always the case in football money talks if a significant bid came in which clearly they aren’t doing.

I think lots of people listen to radio Derby without expecting them to be the cutting edge of scoop ITK info, but being radio Derby, will have a bit more grounded reporting.

I know we all like a moan about them, but they're really not bad, just more conservative and only reporting what's confirmed.

Entertainment wise, well, taste is subjective.

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The club have just tweeeted that Bristol Street Motors are now an official club partner - strange timing unless there is significant movement behind the scenes....perhaps there is imminent news?

I hope we can hold onto these admin's bit longer, they are doing well! 

We know Mel owns the ground

We know that the Club leases the ground from Mel

As Mel owns the ground, allbeit with an intrest in it from MSD, how would Mel fund the loan payment to MSD if the club went into liquidation, what use is the ground without a football club

Its in Mel interest to sell the ground

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

As Mel owns the ground, allbeit with an intrest in it from MSD, how would Mel fund the loan payment to MSD if the club went into liquidation, what use is the ground without a football club

I don't think Mel is being obstructionist over it. He probably wants to get something for it but apparently been agreed verbally with the administrators about the deal he's prepared to do and the bidders are aware of it.

14 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

The club have just tweeeted that Bristol Street Motors are now an official club partner - strange timing unless there is significant movement behind the scenes....perhaps there is imminent news?

There are one or two in the South West who'll be a little miffed at this news.

But it does afford some positive thinking that if we were destined for imminent liquidation why would someone look to invest in the club in the first place.  That must be a few quid in our pocket.  It's noticeable too that the CEO says "......It’s a wonderful opportunity to join forces with a club that has a proud history and an England legend at the helm."   Perhaps an indication of how marketable we are with Rooney as manager. 

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

There are one or two in the South West who'll be a little miffed at this news.

But it does afford some positive thinking that if we were destined for imminent liquidation why would someone look to invest in the club in the first place.  That must be a few quid in our pocket.  It's noticeable too that the CEO says "......It’s a wonderful opportunity to join forces with a club that has a proud history and an England legend at the helm."   Perhaps an indication of how marketable we are with Rooney as manager. 

Could just be as simple as they were offered a great cut price deal on the sponsorship in exchange for paying the money up front which helps the club keep going.

I think it does show there's confidence that the club will be bought out and continue in the league.

18 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Exactly ! Mel owns the ground. There is the equivalent of a mortgage on it with MSD but Mel has positive equity. He either rents / leases it to a football club to pay MSD’s interest. Or he sells it to the new owner and discharges his debt to MSD with the proceeds. 

Its value in rent or as a sale depends on a customer (DCFC) if that isn’t there then the stadium is worth a whole lot less. Both Mel and MSD need DCFC to keep going. The absolute last thing either of them want is liquidation. It’s like owning a tower block of bedsits next to a university. If the Uni closes you suddenly have a whole lot of something no one wants.

7 minutes ago, jono said:

Exactly ! Mel owns the ground. There is the equivalent of a mortgage on it with MSD but Mel has positive equity. He either rents / leases it to a football club to pay MSD’s interest. Or he sells it to the new owner and discharges his debt to MSD with the proceeds. 

Its value in rent or as a sale depends on a customer (DCFC) if that isn’t there then the stadium is worth a whole lot less. Both Mel and MSD need DCFC to keep going. The absolute last thing either of them want is liquidation. It’s like owning a tower block of bedsits next to a university. If the Uni closes you suddenly have a whole lot of something no one wants.

He has positive equity based on the purchase price of £81 m. But if he sells for £20m.. which Kirchner was reported to be unwilling to pay, (according to Nixon) then there could be negative equity. So a sale price below the current loan amount requires Morris to find money from elsewhere.

It could just be that he doesn't have any more money elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

And where does it say they will get £5m?

Why would the stadium be in MSD control, Mel doesn't owe them money, the club do and until the admin process is sorted nothing will happen there.

This is the problem with the whole scenario,  people making up stories ? 

It doesn't say it anywhere, I'm just speculating.

What else is there for a new owner/administrator to do in a negotiation apart from offer a settlement? If it really is true that efl want this dipute sorted before we can exit administration then there is no other way apart from a payout. 

Just now, chipperram said:

The company hails from Birmingham......Mr P should now be doubly disappointed.

They are a £3Billion company... I guess that is how we have secured the near future financial. Xmillion up front, BACs payment in a couple of minutes. Thank you very much.