The Administration Thread

Boycie

19 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Is it just me or does anyone else find the time of the EFL comms arrogant and condescending - which shouldn’t be a surprise as that’s exactly the tone Rick Parry uses in his emails.  These last two announcements have added no value, just led to a lot of stress and anxiety.  Pre-match last night the chap on Sky said the EFL had said the 1st March wasn’t a hard deadline.  If that’s the case, why keep putting these statements out there, especially if there’s a meeting later??  It’s almost like they’re in the playground saying “my dads bigger than your dad” - to use a polite analogy.

As others have said, Quantuma clearly don’t trust the EFL as the media seem to have the outcome of any meeting before they’ve left the room.  It would be much better all round if Quantuma could be left alone to get on with it.

Your wife screams...there's a spider there's a spider, You go to pick it up, She says "no kill it" you stamp on it and it's wounded, She shouts kill it KILL IT, You stamp and stamp untill it's a mess on your slippers.

This is what the EFL are trying to do to us.

54 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He appoints the Administrators and then steps down and has no involvement in the administration. That is Insolvency Law.

Of course he doesn’t and you still believe in Father Christmas don’t you. Mel Morris can’t help himself, since when has the rule book been a barrier to him.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Someone on talksport  said today that they thought the fact we didn’t sell Tom Lawrence when we had a 2-3m pound offer on table was outrageous !

I think the opposite ….if Q didn’t think we’d have funds coming in as an admin I’m pretty sure they would’ve sold Tom but they didn’t and if we go to the wall questions would have to be answered by Q regarding why they didn’t get 3m in ….so duck the EFL and let them wait …a PB and way out is on the way and keeping them in the quiet at this stage I think is important …because someone has been leaking information about the negotiations so duck em 

There's your problem right there. Don't listen to that poo and your day improves immeasurably!

Now what's reluctantthicko been saying?

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Every time the EFL call Quantuma it is effectively costing us(DCFC) money in theory. It stops Quantuma doing what they are being paid to do. So fock the EFL, keep em dangling I say. 

Whilst I would like to agree with that, the fact that Quantuma were hosting Niall Horan and Jack O'Connell in hospitality at Luton on Saturday would suggest that they are not exactly foot hard down on the pedal themselves.

Unless of course, it turns out that the two of them have ubsequently agreed to jointly fund us through to the end of the season, in which case I apologise!

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I’d be very tempted to instigate the Mrs Rooney protocol if I were Andy Hosking. Feed only the EFL a completely false statement ( Nigerian consortium make bid) and see how long it takes Nixon to tweet:-

Derby: Nigerians in with a large wad, will blow the others out of the water. More in paper tomorrow .

@reluctantnicko.

Very good . But Efl will deny the leak and parry will drop his iPhone in the North Sea.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Whilst I would like to agree with that, the fact that Quantuma were hosting Niall Horan and Jack O'Connell in hospitality at Luton on Saturday would suggest that they are not exactly foot hard down on the pedal themselves.

Unless of course, it turns out that the two of them have ubsequently agreed to jointly fund us through to the end of the season, in which case I apologise!

I'd hope at that very least that Quantuma would be paying for that hospitality out of their own pockets. If not, why not? 

I've had a go at drafting the next couple of statements for Administrators and the EFL so hopefully that'll save them some time and maybe speed this whole process up.

Administrators statement <insert date at monthly intervals>

Yadda Yadda... complex process, discussing bids with un-named parties. Can't tell you more at this stage.. yadda yadda. Appreciate that it is a frustrating time for fans, more information will be forthcoming shortly/very shortly/eventually/at some stage/imminently/with surprising speed/a week next Tuesday/on Groundhog day/never/whenever.

Soz

EFL reply

The EFL notes the statement by <insert 'to blame' party x> and are deeply concerned at the lack of communication on this issue and thought we'd chuck a statement out to ensure that we don't get blamed for anything else because our email server is already broken. We love Derby County to bits and want nothing but the absolute best for the club and its fans. In answer to the thousands of emails we can assure fans that we are not making any rules up as we go along apart from the ones that we did which don't count. Yadda yadda, admins are bad and its their fault... yadda yadda.. any football issues are nowt to do with us except when they are or when one of the club chairmen leans on us hard enough.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

I think the EFL are utterly deplorable and not fit for purpose as much as the next person, but they’ve got a point here. 

They agreed a deadline with the Administrators, which was also an extension to an original deadline. Sorry but they are more than within their rights to be a bit miffed that the Admins aren’t answering calls or emails and have provided no update, that deadline has now passed. 

Weeks ago, the EFL (quite rightly) had enormous pressure and fingers pointed at it  nationally to start taking action and support the club in finding a buyer. 

Now they’re chasing the Admins for updates for just that, people are chastising them for getting involved, they can’t win. 

They absolutely could have avoided this situation and 'won'. 

They could, for example, have got involved 12 months ago (Parry's timeline) with the Gibson/Couhig situation.  It might have avoided the Chairman having to say that he knew nothing about the case 12 months later. If that's true Parry ought to resign on those grounds alone. They might just have agreed with our administrators that only joint statements would be consistently issued.  They might have sufficient internal control of their systems that they didn't trot off to friendly journalists with the latest news every 5 minutes. They might have avoided being so disappointed with the results of their own disciplinary procedues once it reported.  They might just have had in place the policies and procedures to deal with our sort of case more promptly - like in the season it happened, or even the one after. They might just have been less in thrall to one Chairman/owner.

And so the list goes on.

They deserve every bit of chastising and distrust they get from now until the day when they're all kicked out and we get some proper, talented people running our bit of the game. I'm not holding my breath.  Charlatans the lot of them.

14 minutes ago, angieram said:

Star Struck ?

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

Tapping them up for the Quantuma Christmas p*** up.

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'd hope at that very least that Quantuma would be paying for that hospitality out of their own pockets. If not, why not? 

Of course, their pocket is funded through our collective pockets so it really doesn't matter if they do. I suspect though that each club is given so many schmoozing places at away venues and vice versa. Is Jack O'Connell more deserving of that experience than Lisa or Rachel or B4, who spend every penny of their spare money following their club?

And why if he has got time isn't Andrew Hoskin standing in the cramped terrace with the rest of us finding out what supporting a club is really about?

Steve, you want to hear what my gang of mainly female home and awayers think of this whole process.

Wherever we look  there are affluent men with all the power and influence playing out their roles in our saga (owners, administrators, EFL) with an arrogant complacency about their absolute rights and abilities to be the ones to do so. No matter what happens to clubs and communities, they roll on through to their next appointments. 

We are collectively very sceptical of all of them  and whatever happens to us, we need to change the way that football 'business' is conducted. It stinks of corrupt power.

1 hour ago, Owen87ITK said:

My gut still tells me that yes, we will.

Letting Derby go under ultimately doesn’t help anyone, EFL included. 

I have a lot of thoughts about everything that’s gone on/is going on but it is probably best that I keep them to myself. 

All I will say is that the supporters & staff have been let down at every turn. 

Thank you for that. Its appreciated.

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

I find this very hard to believe - Luton have hospitality ?

1 hour ago, Owen87ITK said:

My gut still tells me that yes, we will.

Letting Derby go under ultimately doesn’t help anyone, EFL included. 

I have a lot of thoughts about everything that’s gone on/is going on but it is probably best that I keep them to myself. 

All I will say is that the supporters & staff have been let down at every turn. 

Your standards have never dropped once Owen and that's been welcomed by every supporter that tunes in, I'm sure of that. 

I hope whatever happens you and your team stick around when the new owners come in.

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

Both these celebs have been helping to save Derby County , certainly a lot more than the EFL has.