The Administration Thread

Boycie

So I am as anti-EFL as anyone; they're not fit for purpose.

But I cannot understand the anger over their statement today. Any anger should be aimed squarely at the Administrators.

They had an extension to proving we had funding for the rest of the season that took them to today. At the very least, they should have updated the EFL. Be nice if they also updated Rooney and the fans but I no longer expect that courtesy.

Some on here have asked why some others of us are really worried by this statement today. Well to start with, it was a deadline to prove that we could finish the season. Without such proof, there is a danger of us being thrown out of the league. If that's not bad enough, the delay may indicate that none of the bidders, if there are any, have reached the minimum "price". If that's Ashley playing his game of bidding as little as possible, that doesn't auger well for the future either does it?

I think Q thought the bidders would just come to heel when they were approached. I suspect they have gone to Ashley who has said hold on a minute listen to what I’ve got to say about what I am prepared to pay out. I suspect Q have gone I never expected this (AGAIN), this isn’t in our book. 
They have scratched their heads and thought what now?

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So I am as anti-EFL as anyone; they're not fit for purpose.

But I cannot understand the anger over their statement today. Any anger should be aimed squarely at the Administrators.

They had an extension to proving we had funding for the rest of the season that took them to today. At the very least, they should have updated the EFL. Be nice if they also updated Rooney and the fans but I no longer expect that courtesy.

Some on here have asked why some others of us are really worried by this statement today. Well to start with, it was a deadline to prove that we could finish the season. Without such proof, there is a danger of us being thrown out of the league. If that's not bad enough, the delay may indicate that none of the bidders, if there are any, have reached the minimum "price". If that's Ashley playing his game of bidding as little as possible, that doesn't auger well for the future either does it?

This is pretty much my interpretation too...

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If that's not bad enough, the delay may indicate that none of the bidders, if there are any, have reached the minimum "price". If that's Ashley playing his game of bidding as little as possible, that doesn't auger well for the future either does it?

Would not surprise me one bit if Ashley is playing games or proposing some weird restructure of the club to reduce his liabilities. 

He had been trying to offload Newcastle for years before he finally managed to offload the club. He's now even sueing Amanda Staveley who headed up the sale for breach of contract to get the money back he lent her.

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Blaming Admins is all well and good but mel got us into this complete mess by gambling with the clubs future....our club!!!!!!?

Yeah, yeah, we've established that. Most people, if not all, accept it. That's why we got here.

But now we're in the deep do-dos, we need to get out of it, and some of us aren't happy with how that's going.

I'm still optimistic as we have three credible bidders. My guess would be that all have accepted the 15 point penalty option and are trying to drive the price down as far as possible, but still offering slightly more than the other two.

The deadline thing worries me though. I believe that we had 4 bids tabled for the club before administration and seem to have had four more since. We don't seem to have a problem attracting potential buyers, yet none have completed. 

Maybe a couple were fantasists, but surely not all? Rooney has made several positive statements about takeovers being close to completion. Mel believed sales were close and didn't leave enough cash in the business to cover the payroll.  Now Quantuma are making statements and ending up looking foolish. 

It's almost as if, as soon as a buyer finds out the truth about something, they instantly turn from enthusiasts with open cheque books to unexpectedly disappearing into the ether. Surely there can't be anything left that is a surprise? Does Mel stipulate that he'll only hand over the stadium keys to someone who can beat him at naked mud wrestling?Have we upset a drugs cartel somewhere and investors keep waking up next to horses heads? Maybe they're being put off the apparition of the white lady of Chadd sidings who is forever looking for lover?