The Administration Thread

Boycie

So, Mike Ashley announced by end of next week, allowing us to extend contracts, and potentially bring in free agents (up to the EFL)

Happy. very happy.

And to those who are sceptical about Ashley, he’s only going to invest to get profit on us, and the only way realistically to get a profit is to turn us into a debt-free, sustainable Premier League club.

Again, Very happy.

5 hours ago, Bubbles said:

So, Mike Ashley announced by end of next week, allowing us to extend contracts, and potentially bring in free agents (up to the EFL)

Happy. very happy.

And to those who are sceptical about Ashley, he’s only going to invest to get profit on us, and the only way realistically to get a profit is to turn us into a debt-free, sustainable Premier League club.

Again, Very happy.

Based on my understanding, contracts will only be extended when we have proof of funds beyond the summer - essentially when the takeover is complete.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on my understanding, contracts will only be extended when we have proof of funds beyond the summer - essentially when the takeover is complete.

Wouldn’t season ticket sales achieve this? Normally starts in March. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That is cutting it very fine given that most players can already sign pre contract deals.

it could be a mass exodus and al lot of players leaving for zilch. In some cases that is a lot less than they are worth. 

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Wouldn’t season ticket sales achieve this? Normally starts in March. 

Season ticket money is released on a game by game basis, so no.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

That is cutting it very fine given that most players can already sign pre contract deals.

it could be a mass exodus and al lot of players leaving for zilch. In some cases that is a lot less than they are worth. 

Yep. The EFL will be sticking to the rule book rather than applying a bit a common sense.
My only hope is that Rooney sticks around which may be enough for the players to stick around long enough for contracts to be given out.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well he’s got The House of Fraser too, and Debenhams.  
I wish he’d bought Marks & Spencer, then we could return our season tickets and get a full refund no questions asked.

This isn't just polycotton sportswear in XXL size at 70% off a marked price that's at least 70% more than this should cost, this is M and S polycotton sportswear at 70% off.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ashley isn't shy of a few quid.

Don't listen to what Newcastle fans say. They spent some good money on players over the years. 40 million on Joelinton, 20 plus million on Callum Wilson, they go on like Mike Ashley bled them dry but their transfer spends over the years suggest otherwise.

The money just wasn't invested correctly. I suspect Ashley put trust in the wrong people. 

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Ashley isn't shy of a few quid.

Don't listen to what Newcastle fans say. They spent some good money on players over the years. 40 million on Joelinton, 20 plus million on Callum Wilson, they go on like Mike Ashley bled them dry but their transfer spends over the years suggest otherwise.

Also TBH Newcastle fans expectations are absolutely stellar. They don't understand why they aren't in the Champions League year in, year out.

I read a report a while ago when they were well into the Ashley bashing, and the journo had worked out he would need to spend £1 Billion on players to get into the orbit of Citeh, Man Utd and Liverpool.

Even then - no guarantees of any success at the highest level (look at Everton right now)

@Ghost of Clough

ME Wouldn’t season ticket sales achieve this? Normally starts in March. 

YOU Season ticket money is released on a game by game basis, so no.

But there is no problem with money released on match by match basis if it is funding "beyond the summer" that we need....this would be it.

Again, we just want to be treated like any other Club, surely? We will have season ticket sales at the top end of the Championship, Gates the same, probably corporate sales the same and sponsorship the same. Every other Club will be looking ahead at their projected income so why would we not be allowed to if we secure the £5m deposit?