The Administration Thread

Boycie

28 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

A bit more on topic…….. My Emoji view of potential new owners;

Binnies ?‍♂️   Anyones guess…….
Appleby ?  Steady Eddie…….

Ashley ?  Could go either way, steady Eddie or Boom, Premier league here we come

what’s yours?

Binnies ?Appleby ? Ashley ?

Anyone really as long we still have a team.

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But you would think that's a case of "Come on lads we prefer you to be in line with industry standards so alter accordingly from now". It certainly doesn't deserve the absolute kicking we got. I know we are all a little more relaxed as we are moving forward it seems but this still all stinks like crazy. 

That was the pragmatic approach, but when Parry became Chairman, he wanted to make a statement that no club will get off lightly with P&S. It would be debateable on how Derby would transition to straight line again, as it would have thrown the amortisation projections out - unexpectedly bringing a lot of that forward.

12 hours ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Bit of a lapsed fan, obviously just love the drama (!)

For what it's worth, and based on the last couple of weeks, no news may be good news. Fingers crossed at least.

Never mind “Incredible”, I’ve no idea what an ordinary “Koosh” is. 

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Appendix 5, Part 1, Paragraph 1.2

Annual Accounts must be prepared and audited in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements applicable to accounts prepared pursuant to Section 394 of the 2006 Act

As per IDC, the club didn't adequately disclose the new amortisation policy.
Then according to the LAP, we debatably didn't meet FRS 102 requirements due to not reliably "reflecting expected pattern of consumption of future economic benefits from the [players]". I say debatably because the IDC felt the policy did reflect the expected pattern.

Economic benefits of an intangible asset is expressly defined in FRS102 to include the benefit of selling the asset. Yet the lawyers decided we couldn’t take account of the possibility of selling players. Which seems a big leap of imagination from people who are not accountants. 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Economic benefits of an intangible asset is expressly defined in FRS102 to include the benefit of selling the asset. Yet the lawyers decided we couldn’t take account of the possibility of selling players. Which seems a big leap of imagination from people who are not accountants. 

The LAP didn't make any judgment in a meaningful way on accountancy - they determined that it was "an error in law" to give equal weight to the evidence of prof pope and Stephen Pearce and reach their own conclusions, but in fact they were duty bound by law to consider the expert witness evidence as being definitive.

Then they gave it back because they didn't want the can of deciding to the punishment.

IIRC the original IDC were less than impressed with prof pope's evidence and his conduct as an expert witness, and were a bit catty about it.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The LAP didn't make any judgment in a meaningful way on accountancy - they determined that it was "an error in law" to give equal weight to the evidence of prof pope and Stephen Pearce and reach their own conclusions, but in fact they were duty bound by law to consider the expert witness evidence as being definitive.

Then they gave it back because they didn't want the can of deciding to the punishment.

IIRC the original IDC were less than impressed with prof pope's evidence and his conduct as an expert witness, and were a bit catty about it.

Yes I don’t know why they didn’t ask for a new hearing if the IDC didn’t do their job properly and neither did Prof Pope. 

anyway we lost.  No use going over that again now but Jordan saying we clearly broke the rules is talking out of his bum. 

Edited by PistoldPete

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes I don’t know why they didn’t ask for a new hearing if the IDC didn’t do their job properly and neither did Prof Pope. 

anyway we lost.  I use going over that again now but Jordan saying we clearly broke the rules is talking out of his bum. 

I think there's a bit of an effort going on to wrest the narrative back to "evil Derby, stop being sympathy to Rooney, parry and Gibson wanted to make an example of them"

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Yes I think so. I just wish he was as keen to highlight/question other possible creative accounting like overseas club transfers as he was ours. Perhaps he is but we dont hear. He does seem to hope we get out of this anyway.

Bloke was just poo stirring again.  We've had no discussion with Wycombe and he's personally spoke to senior board members at other clubs who are unhappy they've had to take loans to pay HMRC when we won't have to pay everything.  No poo Sherlock. Maybe he could ask old Gibbo about transferring liability to his haulage company or how happy Derby were that there HMRC debt isn't 19 million owing now as they didn't get a covid loan.   Don't know why the bloke gets airtime from Derby fans.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bloke was just poo stirring again.  We've had no discussion with Wycombe and he's personally spoke to senior board members at other clubs who are unhappy they've had to take loans to pay HMRC when we won't have to pay everything.  No poo Sherlock. Maybe he could ask old Gibbo about transferring liability to his haulage company or how happy Derby were that there HMRC debt isn't 19 million owing now as they didn't get a covid loan.   Don't know why the bloke gets airtime from Derby fans.

He didnt as such. The Colin Murray show was trailed on five 5 as having news for Derby fans. I listened and summarised back so need to shoot messenger

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't know why the bloke gets airtime from Derby fans.

Or anyone else. It is a bit weird.

Are there any other self-anointed 'football finance experts' out there willing to go on the radio / do podcasts etc?

It seems he's created a niche role for himself that nobody really asked for but now seem to think they can't do without.

By pushing himself upon people he's got his name out there, and by design of him being the only person specifically to be given his 'title' he becomes the go-to for anyone who wants to discuss football finances, regardless of the quality of his work / analysis.

It's quite a clever way of self-promotion, I guess.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think there's a bit of an effort going on to wrest the narrative back to "evil Derby, stop being sympathy to Rooney, parry and Gibson wanted to make an example of them"

Yeah well I don’t like that. Being a rams fan obviously. It isn’t Gibson’s job to decide the rules. And parry trying to do us retrospectively for taking advantage of loopholes. Which everyone else did as well.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But you would think that's a case of "Come on lads we prefer you to be in line with industry standards so alter accordingly from now". It certainly doesn't deserve the absolute kicking we got. I know we are all a little more relaxed as we are moving forward it seems but this still all stinks like crazy. 

That is true. Certainly, where is the evidence of 'cheating?' There isn't. There was no cheating of the rules and I challenge any Boro or Forest fan to tell me otherwise! I do know however that industry standard is important to look at though for accountancy practitioners, so I definitely think whoever was in charge of this strategy, Pearce maybe? really made a poor choice. If Derby cheated, shall we assume all the upcoming clubs who breached FFP will be labelled as cheats? I assume they will also get deducted points regardless of COVID arguments as force majeure was not an argument Derby could use. I also assume that if there suddenly COVID does qualify as exemption, Derby will get some of their points back. I assume the EFL will deal with this quickly- conforming this season that COVID will not count as exemptions for FFP in the years 2020/21 so that DCFC has been fairly treated, and not let the season finish then change the rules ...hmmmmmm