The Administration Thread

Boycie

Sorry, late to the party. So Steve Gibson and Mel Morris have agreed to sort the issues between them, off their own backs, and the EFL is trying to claim some credit for it. The EFL about a month ago ' it would be great if we could get all parties to meet'   Me ' yeah, no poo sherlock '.

There's only one thing worse than CAMRA Card carrying real ale bores, who can't resist commenting on your choice of poison like it's got sod all to do with them.

And that's vegan CAMRA Card carrying real ale bores, who can't resist commenting on your choice of poison like it's got eff all to do with them.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Because it was about Morris?

I don't think it was entirely about money, but I don't think it was principle either. I think it was about businessman ego problems.

I mean the closest DCFC ever got to any admission of wrong doing was accepting 9 points in relation to the restated P&S figures.

That was the administrators who accepted the 9 points sure enough it’s classed as Derby county but they have different objectives 

Edited by Sparkle

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

Very good news.
The sad part is that, assuming Mel is giving him some money, it means Gibson’s grubby opportunism has worked. It also gives his spurious claims an air of credibility that they just don’t have.

It is brilliant news and the best outcome for us as we run out of time, money and possibly players.

However I agree with you that these were in no way credible claims and that leaves a bitter taste.

Still, faced with stalemate and possible liquidation and loss of our club, this is a lemon we just have to suck and the lesser of two evils for us.

I'm just thankful that this should lessen the tension which such a match kindles. Hoping so much that tomorrows match passes off without any violence and that either Derby win or it ends in a draw..

20 minutes ago, Rev said:

There's only one thing worse than CAMRA Card carrying real ale bores, who can't resist commenting on your choice of poison like it's got sod all to do with them.

And that's vegan CAMRA Card carrying real ale bores, who can't resist commenting on your choice of poison like it's got eff all to do with them.

I do both craft ale as well normal and vegan.

Some CAMRA members can be boring. I also support attend  non CAMRA beer festivals that promote other drinks as well. Barrow hill is very good.

I am actually not bothered about other drinkers unless it’s banter with someone I know.

Edited by cstand

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

So what’s the odds that Morris and Gibson agreed to publish all their paperwork and bring down the EFL 

The EFL have already done that to themselves. Their conduct in this process has been noted by multiple MP's and wont exactly help them when the calls for regulation start to appear.

45 minutes ago, Rev said:

Well if you can’t tease your mates over their drinks choices I guess there is nothing left.. Ale drinkers get the “Looks like my piss” comment… Carling drinkers get the “I wouldn’t get pissed on your cooking lager” comment…

Al classic pub banter and the worlds a better place for it hurrah..

Just now, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Well if you can’t tease your mates over their drinks choices I guess there is nothing left.. Ale drinkers get the “Looks like my piss” comment… Carling drinkers get the “I wouldn’t get pissed on your cooking lager” comment…

Al classic pub banter and the worlds a better place for it hurrah..

Smiles over from behind a neat scotch.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Seeing as Cun*hig probably knows his only leverage is the claim not being resolved and his best chance of anything positive is a settlement out of a need to facilitate the takeover, he's now likely to dig his heels in to just not resolve the issue (and shout loudly he should have some money) however, his big dog friend has dropped out, he doesn't as much of a hold over the EFL and there is politics at play to persuade him otherwise.

In regard to Wycombe, since the onset of their whining I have regarded them to us as being akin to the symptoms experienced by a lady suffering from thrush.

Their claim is that DCFC should have been penalised before this season began, then relegated and replaced by themselves. But after issuing two sets of alternative fixtures for both clubs depending on which division the respective clubs might be playing in, the EFL set DCFC the deadline of August 18 to resubmit the revised accounts, which was a fortnight into the season. The EFL should explain that to the Yank and tell him their position was unavoidable and no fault can be laid at the door of Derby County. That in my opinion is an open and shut case.

24 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Q) Are you angry with the EFL over their stance throughout all of this?

My views on this are frankly irrelavent at this stage. Whether I was angry or absolutely ecstatic over how people have acted or behaved is frankly irrelevant. My job is to ensure that 'We are Derby' not 'We were Derby'. So whatever my views are, now would not be the time to express them.

So, that's a yes then!  ?

40 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Perhaps also booked a cruise together for them and the other halves. 

Best mates all along. 

Mel said ages ago they were good friends. Just a pissing contest between two rich blokes with a football club on its arse stuck in the middle.