The Administration Thread

Boycie

Convenient he has withdrawn his bid now the biggest obstacle could be removed & he is likely not going to be the PB as his bid is lower than the Binnies - what did he expect? The admins to take his lower off because of his name?

Its like me bidding 150k on a 200k house & when someone bids the asking price I pull out of the race even though I was never going to get the house

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Convenient he has withdrawn his bid now the biggest obstacle could be removed & he is likely not going to be the PB as his bid is lower than the Binnies - what did he expect? The admins to take his lower off because of his name?

Its like me bidding 150k on a 200k house & when someone bids the asking price I pull out of the race even though I was never going to get the house

How is the biggest obstacle going to be removed?

I think @Kathcairns is simply stating a fact. The game was better for us fans in this country before the flood of Sky cash and the oligarchs it attracted. Yes, we have a stronger Premiership as a consequence, but we also have an ever-growing chasm between the haves and the have-nots.

I too think it's a shame that so many clubs ae now foreign owned, but it's based on romantic notions not racial ones. The relentless pursuit of money has damaged the sport and the connection with fans withers by the year. I'm sure many of us feel less connected now than we did when it was the 'English game' in days of yore. 

58 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Ashley has run an English team sustainably for well over a decade. Rush was in post during our spell of frivolous spending (at best) that caused our current problems. I would say that makes Ashley far better qualified. Don’t want to speak for Kathcairns but I think being English provides a better understanding of the history and culture of the club and area. Not sure why people seem to want to read more info it than that 

By Jove, I think you've nailed it... 

628988cb-4d3b-47c9-9934-1cb9a7a93356_tex

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was just wondering why you made a point of saying you prefer Ashley as he's English that's all. Seems a very odd, specific credential to stipulate. 

Nope it’s the English league we play in, we allow the professional welsh clubs play as well because they don’t have a professional league 

50 minutes ago, YouRams said:

This is my thinking, Gibson and Ashley dont want MM to get a penny, now this insurance thing has been found and MM has a good defence case against them he doesn't want to know, or it could all be false rumours. 

Well Gibbo wants MM to step in and get out his wallet. And Ashley wants that, also for MSD to write off some debt. 

There was a rumour about a meeting between the two of them when Ashley went public. There’s just a possibility they are in cahoots. 

46 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ashley squeezes the pips out of everything, including his staff members. He's accumulated a £3.7 billion fortune through acquiring businesses for nothing then paying his staff fook all to run them for him. That said, when negotiating with admins, it seems an odd strategy to demand they cut their bill. A coincidence that this mirrors the stance adopted by his pal Gibson? Hmmm...

Perhaps the admins should set the price at £28M but ask Ashley for £31M and see how he responds ?‍♀️

So long as we are sold as a going concern, I'll be happy that Ashley isn't the new owner.

I imagine that he's pulled out for the same reason as Kirchner..... Because the indications from the Administrators are that he's not the preferred bidder. So, rather than be seen as "losing the race", they throw in some "frustration dig".

If Ashley has pulled out then it’s classic Mike Ashley. He’s low balling. Seeing maybe some weaknesses in the other bids. If he really wants Derby he will come back in later but clearly he doesn’t feel it’s worth paying the current price.

I think Ashley would be the best owner of the lot, but if we get him then it will because the other bids didn’t get over the line, we would also either be in a -15 points scenario next season, or even liquidated with some deal with the EFL (which he might strike) that we start again in League two. While Mel wants £20m to pay off MSD I don’t think Ashley will buy us so he’ll come back in if we are truly desperate. 

We will see what transpires.

10 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think @Kathcairns is simply stating a fact. The game was better for us fans in this country before the flood of Sky cash and the oligarchs it attracted. Yes, we have a stronger Premiership as a consequence, but we also have an ever-growing chasm between the haves and the have-nots.

I too think it's a shame that so many clubs ae now foreign owned, but it's based on romantic notions not racial ones. The relentless pursuit of money has damaged the sport and the connection with fans withers by the year. I'm sure many of us feel less connected now than we did when it was the 'English game' in days of yore. 

^^^^^^ exactly ^^^^^^

30 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Are you trying to twist everything i post.

Someone will always pick up on a tiny detail that has little bearing to your point, eventually grinding down your position to that tiny detail just so they can have their argument. Think it’s an unfortunate add on to everybody living within this thread minute by minute!

Best to make your point, ignore them and get on with your day 

41 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No and I think your post does highlight the point that passing the EFL's test means nothing when it is the behaviour after taking ownership that is the potential issue. On paper how perfect did Mel look? The issue is the owners can they do what they want - hopefully any new regulator will have powers to intervene to protect clubs before it is too late

Excellent points and probably unattainable 

What ruined football was the marketing machine. 

I think owners have always been the same. But now thanks to the commercial titan that is the Premier League/Champions League the game attracts all kinds of snake oil salesman and billionaire hipsters. As well as naive businessman who think on pitch results can be controlled by practices they implemented in their other ventures

With the Internet and streaming services etc etc football is able to draw in an audience like never before. And in England the Premier League has been packaged and sold to the mainstream audience. To the casual fan. 

It's like Boxing. 2 YouTubers fight and the viewing figures are insane. 2 top super lightweights fight for a UK record breaking undisputed title fight and its not even televised in the UK.

The way the Premier League works isn't for the purists. It casts its net over a wider audience and knows the real money doesn't come from match tickets. But it comes from subscriptions, from advertising, from getting bums on seats in living rooms as much as stadiums. It's packaged for TV audiences as an experience. 

But it was the Premier League and Sky that forged that path. The rest of football has been playing catch up ever since. 

Clubs like Derby are irrelevant. They're an undercard on a boxing show. They're not part of the marketing machine. 

Derby can die because they are "protected" by the EFL. A pathetic organisation that can't stand on its own 2 feet, can't protect its clubs and can't offer them a way to compete with the top clubs. 

Leicester can't die. They're protected by the Premier League. An organisation that draws money and interest from all the globe. A League that offers clubs everything possible to bounce back even if relegated. A league that will tell the world that Leicester are far far more exciting and interesting than Derby, Forest, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United etc. 

And people drink it in. Bournemouth v Fulham or Burnley v Leicester? What's going to sell? Which one is packaged with those legendary pundits, theatrical music and whatever bells and whistles attached.

If you think "I've been going to Derby for 50 years" matters then you're deluded. 

You matter if you press the red button on your remote, if you subscribe to watch Gilette offer the closest shave ever, if you're 1m Chinese kids who's views attract 1bn pounds worth of advertising from Chinese companies.

The Premier League setting itself apart was a death and rebirth of football. And we see to a lesser extent the Champions League. 

The greed almost reached a new level when the PPV clubs decided they could go off and do it all again without minor inconveniences such as relegation and being kicked by Burnley

Edited by Alpha