The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Too busy  having a party at the thought of Derby County dying to worry about his kid it seems.

To be fair he probably left his lad with enough special brew and gear that he probably thought his lad would take that and just get his head down

2 hours ago, winktheram said:

I might be in the minority but I quite like how Kirchner speaks out. Why wouldn't we want to hear if we've been told untruths? Why would anything he says affect any future purchase. If anything it should show up the issues and show up the liars/truth twisters. I'm all for it. Air it all. 

I hope you are in the minority. He has no credibility at all, his tweets sound like a 17 year old, full of bravado and swear words. Anyone who has any business sense should keep his trap shut on social media and not respond to the fans. 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

It doesn't really change anything apart from giving Morris a conduit to put across how he wasn't such an abject steward of the Football Club after all. 

I don't think Gibson gives a rats ass how he is perceived if Derby do go under as I genuinely believe he is that entitled that he still thinks he is owed the money and this should have been sorted yonks ago. 

All these open letters will just precipitate another volley of returns back over the net from the EFL Gibson et al with another wedge of precious time being wasted. 

Sadly, I agree with you @Tyler Durden. Time has taught me to be deeply sceptical about the workings of the EFL & Gibson.  They must both know there’s a snowball in hell’s chance of them walking out of court with bulging pockets, so why take that risk?  If I’m them, I’d be sticking to the line that this is a purely football related matter and arbitration is the right & proper way to deal with it. Then I’d load the dice (comittee) to ensure the correct (!) outcome.   I am clinging to the hope that the pressure from Football and Westminster will be so great that they won’t be able to get away with it. ??

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

BBC News - Middlesbrough fan arrested as boy 'left in hotel'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60272983

A Middlesborough supporter has been arrested after leaving his 11-year-old son alone in a hotel room in Manchester while he went out drinking to celebrate the team's surprise FA Cup win.

Greater Manchester Police said it had received a call of concern about the boy in the early hours of Saturday morning.

"We have looked after the child with an unhappy mum on her way down from [the North East] to collect him," the force's local Twitter account stated.

They will now have a child protection conference and multi disciplinary team all over them. People (Boro fans) thinking this is a huge joke should realise that this guy will have his family closely looked at. It won’t be pleasant but it will be fully deserved. An 11 year old has no idea what to do in a situation where they feel threatened in a strange environment 

Edited by angieram

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

They will now have a child protection conference and multi disciplinary team all over them. People (Boro fans) thinking this is a huge joke should realise that this guy will have his family closely looked at. It won’t be pleasant but it will be fully deserved. An 11 year old has no idea what to do in a situation where they feel threatened in a strange environment 

True, but I must say it depends on the child. At 11 I think I would have been fine to stay on my own for a while. Maybe not in a strange hotel room though. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

True, but I must say it depends on the child. At 11 I think I would have been fine to stay on my own for a while. Maybe not in a strange hotel room though. 

Yep, it’s not about whether the child can be trusted to not set fire to the place etc, it’s if they can react to threat or danger. At 11 that’s unlikely 

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

Just a suggestion for the EFL rather than keep moving the goalposts, as confirmed by tweets for current dcfc employees, if Gibson does not take up MMs offer what about charging Middlesbrough of bringing the game into disrepute by bringing baseless charges against a league founding member. Either he takes MMs offer up or he is making it up and causing unfounded mental anguish on dcfc staff and fans 

I had a skim through the EFL Regs today (what else there to do on a Saturday afternoon without football?).  I came across Reg 3.5.

922B7400-3649-4998-9BB6-423C7AC08BB4.thumb.jpeg.55a759d3f76fc9b1b86691656a11cfef.jpeg

Surely both clubs accusing us of systemic cheating breaches this?  In fact, didn’t Couhig in one of his tweets say every Derby fan was part of this cheating??

And yes, I do need to get out more ?.

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I had a skim through the EFL Regs today (what else there to do on a Saturday afternoon without football?).  I came across Reg 3.5.

922B7400-3649-4998-9BB6-423C7AC08BB4.thumb.jpeg.55a759d3f76fc9b1b86691656a11cfef.jpeg

Surely both clubs accusing us of systemic cheating breaches this?  In fact, didn’t Couhig in one of his tweets say every Derby fan was part of this cheating??

Involves Derby do somewhere they will find they can give special dispensation nullifying the rule

4 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think you can probably say there are several EFL regs that Couhig and Gibson have broken. I'm fairly sure you are not allowed to cheat your way to the next round of the FA Cup either. 

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I emailed Rick about just this question over two weeks ago and haven't had a response. I send a reminder the other day and copied Margret Beckett in.

24 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Yep, it’s not about whether the child can be trusted to not set fire to the place etc, it’s if they can react to threat or danger. At 11 that’s unlikely 

I used to nick my dad's fags at 11 and light them on the cooker when they was in bed. It didn't do me any harm and I never set fire to the house. The authorities go overboard nowadays.

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think you can probably say there are several EFL regs that Couhig and Gibson have broken. I'm fairly sure you are not allowed to cheat your way to the next round of the FA Cup either. 

You don't know about the EFL Basketball rule then??

Edited by I DONT MIND

3 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

I'm really struggling to get my head around this as well.

Mel's statement suggests that with regards to breaches of the P&S regulations, there is an EFL rule that states "only The League can bring any action against a member club", thereby prohibiting member clubs taking action against each other.

Have I understood this right, because if this rule is as Mel states, then how are the EFL allowing Boro and Wycombe to claim against us as they have already taken action against us?

Could this be one of the reasons why Rick Parry is going away to consider his response to Mel's statement?

The question needs asking if all that is true and the question is why haven’t the EFL charged Middlesbrough? 

38 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I used to nick my dad's fags at 11 and light them on the cooker when they was in bed. It didn't do me any harm and I never set fire to the house. The authorities go overboard nowadays.

Not only did it apparently not harm you but you are also positively gleeful at the memory ?