The Administration Thread

Boycie

I’ll be honest I don’t think the EFL are the bad guys that they are seemingly painted with all the time, more that they are just a bit useless…saying that it’s slightly interesting that this is going to arbitration after the transfer window!

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just out of interest here. Does anyone know what the court of arbitration can do?

Are they affiliated with the EFL in any way? 

Or do they have the power to chuck both cases out?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-9--arbitration/

If it fails Administrators will go for Civil case 

The MP’s have obviously forced the EFL to schedule the arbitration hearing ASAP.

If left to their own devices, the EFL had it pencilled in for August 2023.

I hope the threat of a civil case encourages the independent panel to do the right thing and dismiss the vexatious claims from Boro and WW very early in the proceedings.

Failure to do so will bring football to its knees.

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ll be honest I don’t think the EFL are the bad guys that they are seemingly painted with all the time, more that they are just a bit useless…saying that it’s slightly interesting that this is going to arbitration after the transfer window!

But in a role that requires you to be decisive, fair and pragmatic, being “useless” is as bad as being deliberately evil in intent. 

10 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Yes how independent will it be? Who will be on it.

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Doesn't really matter sure EFL will appeal if they don't get the outcome they want anyway.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This isn't new, is it? Feel like this has always been known...

So exclusive the figures have been available to the public since Nov 19th. HMRC debt was only £26m though, and a Bielik instalment has been paid.

Never seen bigger debts? Gibson's Boro are £116m in debt aren't aren't even top 3.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Doesn't really matter sure EFL will appeal if they don't get the outcome they want anyway.

They can’t 

103.1     Subject to the provisions of Sections 67 and 68 of the Arbitration Act, the award shall be final and binding and there shall be no right of appeal or further arbitration and the parties exclude irrevocably any right to any other form of appeal, review or recourse in or by a court, judicial authority or other arbitral body, in so far as such waiver may validly be made.

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just out of interest here. Does anyone know what the court of arbitration can do?

Are they affiliated with the EFL in any way? 

Or do they have the power to chuck both cases out?

Nothing to do with the EFL. It is independent and covers England & Wales but it's findings are binding on all parties with no right of appeal.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So exclusive the figures have been available to the public since Nov 19th. HMRC debt was only £26m though, and a Bielik instalment has been paid.

Never seen bigger debts? Gibson's Boro are £116m in debt aren't aren't even top 3.

In fairness, those debts are owed to their owner.

Not suppliers, other football clubs, and the taxman.