The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Exactly that. Of course, they'd want their own club to be liquidated rather than HMRC or any other creditors lose a single penny in the £, of course they would. So they'll foam at the mouth regardless of how much DC pays and, even if he paid all the club's debts in full, they'd foam at the mouth about something else. They've got an endless supply of foam, have the foamers. 

200.gif

7 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Because we are on a business/payment plan. So until that plan is finished and all payments made to creditors who agreed to that plan to come out of administration we are under certain limitations. 

AFAIK The business plan isn't directly related to payments to creditors.  We've effectively agreed to pay creditors all up front (barring the payments for Bielik which aren't even due yet).  There's probably something like a 30-day invoice payment window on it or something, which is why it hasn't all been paid yet.  But beyond this initial payment there shouldn't be anything overdue to creditors.

The business plan is an EFL requirement, to stop clubs lurching from one admin into another. They basically don't want us coming out of admin and immediately splashing a load of cash on players and ending up back in admin in 6 months time.  Obviously it's not that relevant in our case, as Clowes seems fairly sensible (which probably explains the fact that our agreed wage cap is apparently higher now than it was last season in a higher league).  But more unscrupulous owners might be tempted to throw a bit of cash at a cheap club coming out of admin, and then run if it doesn't work out.

Obviously if we had agreed to pay creditors over time, then the business plan would have this factored in.

So if we have an £8m spending limit per season for 2 years, and IF we were to get promoted this season, the following season in the Championship would be very tough to compete financially

It would be a nice problem to have I guess but puts into context the issues we face & slaps down the other clubs fans who believe we have 'got away with it'.

6 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

This is interesting from the article, and should be pointed out to those who moan we are spraying cash about on big players after just coming out of admin.

However, players including Conor Hourihane, Tom Barkhuizen and James Chester all rejected more lucrative offers elsewhere to join Derby.

Do we know they rejected better offers to go elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

It’s also a fairly stupid thing from Palace, insulting beyond reason

But they're our best friends.  Sure the loaning back of Plange was everything to do with  helping us out and nothing to do with putting themselves in the best position to engineer a move while he was under contract.  

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Because we are on a business/payment plan. So until that plan is finished and all payments made to creditors who agreed to that plan to come out of administration we are under certain limitations. 

All payments wil be made to creditors by next month according to the Daily Telegraph. If player wages are capped at £8m, we can meet that with just gate receipts.. I mean 16k season tickets sold already plus about 10k match tickets sold for Saturday. And that's in League One.. what if we are promoted and playing in the Championship.. why would there need to be a wage cap? .

50 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

All payments wil be made to creditors by next month according to the Daily Telegraph. If player wages are capped at £8m, we can meet that with just gate receipts.. I mean 16k season tickets sold already plus about 10k match tickets sold for Saturday. And that's in League One.. what if we are promoted and playing in the Championship.. why would there need to be a wage cap? .

We have a wage cap because we agreed to it and £12,000 a week is rather a lot of money still and also the amount of brilliant signings we have made in recent times with money paid is a very small sample pool - we are better off not spending, just look at the players young Clough put together with next to nothing.

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

So if we have an £8m spending limit per season for 2 years, and IF we were to get promoted this season, the following season in the Championship would be very tough to compete financially

It would be a nice problem to have I guess but puts into context the issues we face & slaps down the other clubs fans who believe we have 'got away with it'.

Makes no sense that the same limit applies in the championship as in L1.  Are we sure that’s right ? 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Makes no sense that the same limit applies in the championship as in L1.  Are we sure that’s right ? 

DC: "So we've got a limit of £X per week in the 1st division. How much more can we spend in the Championship if we get promoted?"

EFL: "The same"

DC: "But surely if we have a bigger income we're allowed to spend more?"

EFL: "No"

DC: "But how can that be?"

EFL: "Because if you don't agree to it we'll refuse you the Golden Ticket"

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I don't think any of us actually know - we haven't seen the actual agreement, so we only have second hand newspaper reports to go on.  It would not surprise me if there's some clause about renegotiating it if circumstances change, because you could make the opposite argument - what if we were to go down again? Would the EFL be happy with an £8m budget in League 2?

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

That’s what Percy says. Also makes no sense that the cap is not dependent on turnover. 

I am not sure it’s right. 

for me there is something puzzling about the whole caps, i would like to see some clarity from the efl or the club. 

the signings dont really suggest we are working under tough restrictions does it?