The Administration Thread

Boycie

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I see members of the Flat Earth Society, the Who Killed Diana Cult, the JFK Gun Club, and the Moon Landing Was Fake Group, are all out in force on here this morning. My input is that I heard Paul Stretford took Madeline McCann and holds her in a basement in Salford with the rotting remains of Shergar.

…… and has Lord Lucan as his aging butler.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I’d like us to gamble on one or two non league players who are on their way up. 

There must be plenty out there and I’d rather have a young guy who’s full of confidence having scored a hatful of goals than a journeyman on the way down who might spend a lot of time on the treatment table.

Kabongo Tshimanga - scored for fun in National League for Chesterfield last year. Scored v Chelsea in the FA cup I think.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I’d like us to gamble on one or two non league players who are on their way up. 

There must be plenty out there and I’d rather have a young guy who’s full of confidence having scored a hatful of goals than a journeyman on the way down who might spend a lot of time on the treatment table.

There are some really promising non-league players out there (I watch a lot of local football!):

Kabongo Tshimanga from Chesterfield being the stand-out goalscorer (assuming he can re-capture his pre-injury form).

Jake Eggleton (RB/CB) at Coalville Town is promising... very quick for a defender!

Bailey Hobson at Alfreton Town (AM/CF) is someone I can see playing in the EFL in the not-too-distant future.

I would have suggested Harry Boyes on loan from Sheff Utd too (he looked a class above playing for Solihull at LB last season), but I see he's already gone to Forest Green. Also from Solihull, their GK, Ryan Boot, had a great game the last time I saw them.

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

There are some really promising non-league players out there (I watch a lot of local football!):

Kabongo Tshimanga from Chesterfield being the stand-out goalscorer (assuming he can re-capture his pre-injury form).

Jake Eggleton (RB/CB) at Coalville Town is promising... very quick for a defender!

Bailey Hobson at Alfreton Town (AM/CF) is someone I can see playing in the EFL in the not-too-distant future.

I would have suggested Harry Boyes on loan from Sheff Utd too (he looked a class above playing for Solihull at LB last season), but I see he's already gone to Forest Green. Also from Solihull, their GK, Ryan Boot, had a great game the last time I saw them.

I'm a huge fan of nominative determinism.

Doesn't beat the decorator's van I spotted the other day - Matt Finish.

1 hour ago, Arsene Titman said:

Yes, I listened to it. He was later corrected by Darren Robinson who said that actual number of players available when their contracts expire on Thursday is around 450 ( at all league levels) as 250 or so have already been snapped up or have a deal in place. DR is the expert in this field so I would take his figure. He also gave a number of players at league 1 level who would become available but I can’t remember what it was.

Yep, naively I posted before I’d finished the whole episode ??‍♂️ Think Robinson said around 170 free agents at Championship/league one. There’s definitely a pool of players to choose from at this level and above. Plus there’s league 2, national league and prem academy cast offs.
Once the takeover is done I’m excited to see a squad come together with pretty much a clean slate and opportunity to deliver positive results for the fans. 

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Do we know who is responsible for bringing in Festy/Plange/Ebiowei last year? I hope it wasn't Rooney and whoever it was is still here. Was last season our best ever for recruitment? Spent nothing and brought it some great kids and quality experienced pros.

Festy had been here since he was 16 I thought. 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Do we know who is responsible for bringing in Festy/Plange/Ebiowei last year? I hope it wasn't Rooney and whoever it was is still here. Was last season our best ever for recruitment? Spent nothing and brought it some great kids and quality experienced pros.

Good point and a shame we couldn’t hang on to them. I presume DC will bring in a new recruitment team ? 

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

festy had been around for a while before last year

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We can only be fined for not paying the wages to the players - they were paid 

I’m sure you’re right mate......just don’t trust that lot with their retrospective manoeuvres and determination to see us well punished. Perhaps they consider a stint in League 1 adequate for now.

14 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Just like all the dealings with Morris every fan clearly knew he was paying these wages and are culpable and we must be punished.  We really must have a points deduction or double relegation.  Boooo.  take points of them, cheats  booooo.

Well, Derby fans have a history of being happy to have rule breakers associated with their club after all.

These are the people who worshipped Morris (ha ha, EFL on strings style) and thought Kirchner, a transparently iffy character, was their saviour.

Plus there was talk of Stretford being on the Board. No conflict of interest there then.

I assume Quantuma were just desperate for the money so didn't think twice.

Rolling-my-eyes-gif.gif

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

The day I nearly lost my wallet in the mayhem on the Popside after this goal. Amazed to find it 10 steps back!  Also got a parking ticket that day, but all worth it!

Was at this game, along with the 21,208 others!  Happy days...