The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, RedSox said:

No, no and thrice no to be fair. Even so, if it were my personal money (not my company’s), I would have to admit I’d be wary of leaving such a complex gig in anyone’s hands without me being there. Call me old fashioned, but that’s how I’d want to play it. ??

Plus, I wonder if he’s been involved in a deal of this fiscal magnitude before, given Slync.io’s revenue. Maybe he has, but equally this could be a first for him at this scale??

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I disagree in that I am always thinking of the Premier League. I don't want us ever not to have that ambition. The sooner the better. Whether CK can deliver on that is a key question for me. 

Ashley has the money and the experience of running a club and his only reason for owning us would be eventually to own a Premier League club. Plus his distribution centre is in Derbyshire. I don't understand Kirchner's motivation for buying us except to rub shoulders with Rooney and receive the adulation of the fans. I hope he does have the money (but if he did he surely wouldn't need other people to buy the ground for him) and there are better reasons for him to be involved, but I don't understand what they are.

I think kircher got the passion and determination to get us there and with rooney fight that is good compensation to have in a club trying make way back up again.

2 minutes ago, RedSox said:

No, no and thrice no to be fair. Even so, if it were my personal money (not my company’s), I would have to admit I’d be wary of leaving such a complex gig in anyone’s hands without me being there. Call me old fashioned, but that’s how I’d want to play it. ??

When he flew to Bangkok he stated that the majority had been agreed and that there were a few technicalities left to sort alongside agreeing on the stadium (which he seems to be relying on other parties to resolve) so not really sure why folk have an issue with him not being involved in person…if he was here he’d probably be twiddling his thumbs waiting for others to do their thing so he may as well be helping his company….

49 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Plus, I wonder if he’s been involved in a deal of this fiscal magnitude before, given Slync.io’s revenue. Maybe he has, but equally this could be a first for him at this scale??

The thing with his success so far in buisness is he has good people doing things he does not know how too. He openly admits he does not know how to run a football club but he is teamed with Cook and Stretford who do who he trusts to do it well. 

In this deal on the stadium I am sure he has people well versed in the process and feels confident in them to the extent he does not need to be present at every turn and contracts are signed electronically now days. 

12 hours ago, ScubaRam said:

Haha. Maybe!

I have nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling MM and MA might have already done a deal for the stadium. MA didn't get the preferred bidder status which is fine, they just have to hold out. MM wants the stadium gone, so there is no interest in MM making a deal for the stadium with anyone else. This allows MM to continue to control the process.  When the 'Preferred Bidder' status expires MM and MA can resume and finalise. 

MA knows what he is doing. I can't see CK buying this club.  

Again, nowt to base this on, just my thoughts. 

No beer involved then

48 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look buddy he wants us I know in my bones he will get us.

B4 I love ypur optimisum, I'm  threaders with the whole thing.  I just want it done, TBH I'd take anyone who can complete the deal.

Kirchner - No doubt has the passion and enthusiasm, of he can get Rooney to stay 3 years who knows we might have a crack at getting to the PL if he gets a good wind.

Appleby - A really safe pair of hands, hopefully a decent managerial appointment may just see us knocking at the PL door much quicker this time.

Ashley- Will probably take -15pts and write next season off, then pump lots of cash in to fast track us to the PL.

All in all I would probably see Ashley as the one most likely to deliver PL footie quickest....  I also feel he will be the winner, as I can not see Kirchner parting with £22M for the stadium.....

Somebody just buy us!!!!!

Edited by RAM1966

8 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

B4 I love ypur optimisum, I'm  threaders with the whole thing.  I just want it done, TBH I'd take anyone who can complete the deal.

Kirchner - No doubt has the passion and enthusiasm, of he can get Rooney to stay 3 years who knows we might have a crack at getting to the PL if he gets a good wind.

Appleby - A really safe pair of hands, hopefully a decent managerial appointment may just see us knocking at the PL door much quicker this time.

Ashley- Will probably take -15pts and write next season off, then pump lots of cash in to fast track us to the PL.

All in all I would probably see Ashley as the one most likely to deliver PL footie quickest....  I also feel he will be the winner, as I can not see Kirchner parting with £22M for the stadium.....

Somebody just buy us!!!!!

What’s the point of Ashley accepting a 15 point deduction and then pumping money in to fast track us? Surely you’d pay enough to avoid the 15 points. It’d be a lot quicker. All hypothetical as he probably won’t bid anyway. We just need to hope CK can pull summat together. A BIG 48 hours awaits. 

4 hours ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

I think he wants to buy the stadium first. Then gamble on nobody else wanting to buy the club if they can't have access to the ground at least by lease (which he could then easily refuse). Then because nobody else would be interested in the club, bid the absolute minimum he can for it screwing over legitimate creditors (again). Morris wouldn't mind because he'd get his money, and Ashley would get the club he wants on the cheap, the super rich guys win again.

I don’t think he has any desire for the club at all. His plan for -15points in league1 does Derby County no favours at all.

10 minutes ago, enachops said:

What’s the point of Ashley accepting a 15 point deduction and then pumping money in to fast track us? Surely you’d pay enough to avoid the 15 points. It’d be a lot quicker. All hypothetical as he probably won’t bid anyway. We just need to hope CK can pull summat together. A BIG 48 hours awaits. 

A possible reason is that the new owner has to follow an EFL business plan, which is likely to prevent any promotion push for two seasons.

It's quite possible that the plan is to acquire the club for as little as possible and just to keep things ticking over for two seasons and then starting to invest significantly in the second summer. 

Administration is such a rubbish option. I still can't believe that Mel would have done it unless he was really desperate. That's why I'm hesitant to criticise him too viscerally; I wonder if there's a story that we just don't know about.

I know the next 48 hours are critical for CK's takeover, but what kind of deals can you finalise on a Saturday(mostly in relation to the stadium), as its not classified as a business day. Surely that means tomorrow is absolutely crucial? Suppose there must be a reason his exclusivity ends Sat midnight.

Edited by JPRamFan

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Administration is such a rubbish option. I still can't believe that Mel would have done it unless he was really desperate. That's why I'm hesitant to criticise him too viscerally; I wonder if there's a story that we just don't know about.

We all look at him as being worth £500 million, but why involve MSD with their wonga type interest rate loans if he had plenty of liquidity. After the Sheikh did one it was desperation time and that’s the only reason Alonso was tolerated. It was administration or Mel facing bankruptcy I presume which is why he needs the money for the stadium and can’t gift it.

Edited by hintonsboots

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I disagree in that I am always thinking of the Premier League. I don't want us ever not to have that ambition. The sooner the better. Whether CK can deliver on that is a key question for me. 

Ashley has the money and the experience of running a club and his only reason for owning us would be eventually to own a Premier League club. Plus his distribution centre is in Derbyshire. I don't understand Kirchner's motivation for buying us except to rub shoulders with Rooney and receive the adulation of the fans. I hope he does have the money (but if he did he surely wouldn't need other people to buy the ground for him) and there are better reasons for him to be involved, but I don't understand what they are.

There must have been a detailed check on Chris Kirchner's wealth to have got this far. He or his team would have submitted a 2 year business plan to the EFL, in which ties up money over the next two seasons. So I think there is not enough cash to buy the stadium at the price Mel wants. Hence the slight hold up and Kirchner wanting the Derby city council to buy the stadium. It seems the city council can not meet Mel's price or get him to reduce the value(due to the MSD loan that he needs to pay back). There is a strong rumour, a local unnamed businessman with others involved is trying to buy the stadium and if true, Chris Kirchner would be aware and involved.

Chris Kirchner stated a while back is love for football and there is some of his motivation to get involved with a founder member of the  football league  the first one in the world (that would look good on your CV). Also this would be good PR for his company and help his business to grow.

Just because Ashley kept Newcastle ticking over as a lower PL and very occasional top Championship team it doesn't mean that he will put in enough money to see Derby at that level.

If he could have got away with Newcastle being a mid table Championship team for years he would have done, but even keeping them in their natural position was an affront to many of their more deluded supporters. 

Average home attendance for them generally hovers around 49/50,000, averages for us, what, 25,000 or less?

I can't imagine that he'll be particularly bothered if he has us only playing mid-table Championship football at the end of the next 10-15 years, maybe the odd flirtation with the playoffs... that's out natural position now.

He didn't care about 50,000 Newcastle fans thinking they should be higher than they were, why would he care about 25,000 Derby fans thinking the same?

12 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

We all look at him as being worth £500 million, but why involve MSD with their wonga type interest rate loans if he had plenty of liquidity. After the Sheikh did one it was desperation time and that’s the only reason Alonso was tolerated. It was administration or Mel facing bankruptcy I presume which is why he needs the money for the stadium and can’t gift it.

Not defending Morris in the slightest, but I think he simply decided to stop putting any more money into the club when it became clear that the EFL were happy to allow their various investigations to run and run with no clear end in sight. That meant he was unable to sell the club and so he cut off the funding - any additional money needed to pay wages etc was via a loan to the club from MSD so that DCFC we’re liable for repayments rather than Mel himself…

Just now, Coconut's Beard said:

Just because Ashley kept Newcastle ticking over as a lower PL and very occasional top Championship team it doesn't mean that he will put in enough money to see Derby at that level.

If he could have got away with Newcastle being a mid table Championship team for years he would have done, but even keeping them in their natural position was an affront to many of their more deluded supporters. 

Average home attendance for them generally hovers around 49/50,000, averages for us, what, 25,000 or less?

I can't imagine that he'll be particularly bothered if he has us only playing mid-table Championship football at the end of the next 10-15 years, maybe the odd flirtation with the playoffs... that's out natural position now.

He didn't care about 50,000 Newcastle fans thinking they should be higher than they were, why would he care about 25,000 Derby fans thinking the same?

It seems obvious that Ashley checked out at Newcastle...partly because of his poor relationship with the fans & partly because he was looking to sell for a number of years. That would appear to explain the lack of investment in the facilities & the 'functional' transfer budgets.

I don't think he'd want to buy Derby to have that kind of experience again & settling for midtable in the Championship (whilst better than where we are now) would ultimately cause unrest when we do get back up. My hunch is that he will fund where he needs to but will learn from the mistakes of Morris in looking at a long term strategy to get success (insist on Academy prospects getting game time, no big signings, no older players unless exceptional cost v benefit rationale). I'd be perfectly comfortable with all that.

Being a shrewd businessman, he will always have an eye on the exit & to get a decent return on investment. For a reputed investment of circa 40-50m (stadium plus creditor settlement), he would be looking at a sale close to 100m as a minimum. He wont get that for selling a midtable Championship side.