The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

But EFL does have discretion.. and the ability to change rules, as they have done against us but never in our favour. 

You would have hoped that any potential further point deduction could be suspended especially when by some miracle on the football pitch this season the football has remained competitive by Derby and by so doing made the league a lot more interesting after the EFL try to unbalance it repeatedly 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

If there is an issue with Jozwiak could it be to do with the unpaid fee to Lech Posnan? Ie not really the visa but FIFA clearance?

I wondered this too.

I'm sure I've read that for such transfers, the money is paid to FIFA/UEFA first, who then forward the money onwards when all the paperwork is cleared, no doubt taking a slice for themselves.

I'll see what I can find.

Turns out the money goes directly from club to club, not through FIFA.

FIFA just make sure the paperwork is in order, and any training compensation due, from when a player is 11 years old, is paid in the case of international transfers.

https://www.parsalaw.com/fifa-player-transfers

Edited by Rev
Added link.

5 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why should a NEW owner have this imposed against him and his new  purchase?

I understand the reason for the rule, but it should be to stop owners putting the club in admin then buying it back out to clear their own debts. 
If someone’s willing to spend millions to pay off as much of someone else’s debt that they can afford they shouldn’t be then penalised for it. 

It’s just immoral and unjust!!

Or, just as an example KC was talking to MM about buying the club 12 months ago.

KC says, I cant afford that much, it's just too much debt to cover.

MM says, well I can put the club in admin and you only have to pay 25% of the debt. Or less than that if you're willing to take a 15 point penalty!

27 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Or, just as an example KC was talking to MM about buying the club 12 months ago.

MM says, well I can put the club in admin and you only have to pay 25% of the debt. Or less than that if you're willing to take a 15 point penalty!

What did KC say to MM about buying the club, C'mon Baby Give it Up?

31 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

What’s Kenneth Clarke want with Derby County?! He’s a Forest fan!

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

If you recall the first Hoskin interview and the famous MM curtain call with Ed Cole on RD, you will know:

- Q wrote an options paper delivered ? 3 weeks before filing where they recommended admin at the club. The MM spin was that it was the only way to procure a sale because whilst he was unable to force resolution with EFL the admins would be able to. Proved correct. Also clear he’d taken the view to write no more cheques, minor detail

- the likelihood is that Q was initially brought in by MSD. I say that because in a later interview Hoskin was at pains to state that he did not know MM very well at all. But that might have been bluster 

- MSD has a legal right to appoint the administrator of its choice. But we now think they have excellent security cover (MM cash deposit) so they would not have a strong view on who did it.   Having bought into the recommendations in the options paper it’s therefore not surprising that MM and MSD were happy for Q to do it. Their strategy was known and approved 

You make an excellent point about regulatory concerns around the appointment. Can’t give you chapter and verse about that 

I did read somewhere, though it might be Nixon, thst some properties in London owned by MM were part of the security. Another throw away comment pretty certain this was Nixon was the quantuma got the gig because nobody else would touch it. May be true, may not

7 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I did read somewhere, though it might be Nixon, thst some properties in London owned by MM were part of the security. Another throw away comment pretty certain this was Nixon was the quantuma got the gig because nobody else would touch it. May be true, may not

I can well believe the no one else wanted the gig part.

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's got his chance. Quantuma have made him Preferred Bidder. What effect does it have if some fans 'ask questions'?

Oh here's a few btw:

The magic 13 have no chance of getting answers until/if CK buys us. Until a deal is done there is a NDA which will cover most things . CK has turned dow interviews from the BBC probably because of the NDA. Will be lucky to get a written statement as he did last time. However from his tweets he dors appear very keen to buy

22 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Pure speculation on your part. The facts aren’t known, the reasons for decisions made are not known. It’s just that certain posters have decided that what they believe has happened, has really occurred.

a bit harsh. There are thousands of words out there describing what’s going on and we broadly know what everyone’s motivations are. So the opinions of anyone who takes the trouble to read, listen and understand is not just speculating. Obviously I don’t put myself in that category  

36 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

isnt it an English term derived from the words ‘association football’ ? 

It was used fairly early on in England (mid to late 19th century) to distinguish the game from Rugby Football

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

isnt it an English term derived from the words ‘association football’ ? 

It follows the 19th century Oxbridge slang of shortening words like “brekkers” for “breakfast” so that Rugby Football became “rugger” and Association Football became at first “assocer” and then “soccer” . I’m old enough to remember in the 50s when soccer was used almost as much as football and quite a few footy magazines were called “Soccer Star” and “Soccer Review”. The USA used soccer to differentiate it from American football