The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Maybe he should, but no-one clutching the curtains gave a toss when he was buying Preston, so I doubt it would make any difference to most of them if he did, though perhaps some of our own fans would appreciate it. 

Don't get the idea that I'm wildly enthusiastic about the guy, I just hate the stench of hypocrisy that spews out of social media at times like this. 

PNE aint DCFC, There's more hatred for us than them, Our foes did some digging and came up trumps, We didn't give them the bullets to fire, CK did.

27 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You brought my Grandchildren into a post...not clever

Okay. Fair enough, I’ll explain and I’ll apologise as it’s offended you and that was not my intention. My point was/is; if you hear your children/grandchildren repeating offensive lyrics, or singing along, how do you react.? If you don’t immediately reprimand them for their disgusting behaviour, you’re a hypocrite. 

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

PNE aint DCFC, There's more hatred for us than them, Our foes did some digging and came up trumps, We didn't give them the bullets to fire, CK did.

They found a potential owner's mean tweets, their owner was accused of drug trafficking. Those bullets fired are paint balls against the mountain of shady poo other football owners have done. Football has no morals, so why moralise. 

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, but just takes me to his previous profile. Won't let me unfollow that, or follow this link. Strange!

Who knows then! Maybe I just got lucky with the timing or something ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. You are so missing the point.

If he was smart he should have made it 'disappear' before all this. As I've said, it's the 'stupid' I'm objecting to. ? 

No ,I got your point ok thanks. I just think it’s a bit pathetic of these social media “trolls” to go back so far in time and try and instil their “woke”narrative into every aspect of modern day life. If he made it “disappear before all this” ,as you say, he’d make it appear that he knew he was in the wrong.He’s obviously been told by his advisors about the sanctimony of the BBC  and comments via Twitter etc ( and some of the abuse I’ve seen from so-called Derby “fans” was atrocious ) and deleted the comments accordingly. When I see some of the comments on FB,Twitter and these forums I can understand how lynch mobs formed,nowadays it’s done by keyboard warriors.

2 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

No ,I got your point ok thanks. I just think it’s a bit pathetic of these social media “trolls” to go back so far in time and try and instil their “woke”narrative into every aspect of modern day life. If he made it “disappear before all this” ,as you say, he’d make it appear that he knew he was in the wrong.He’s obviously been told by his advisors about the sanctimony of the BBC  and comments via Twitter etc ( and some of the abuse I’ve seen from so-called Derby “fans” was atrocious ) and deleted the comments accordingly. When I see some of the comments on FB,Twitter and these forums I can understand how lynch mobs formed,nowadays it’s done by keyboard warriors.

So you think his comments are a reflection of what he thinks? Are they acceptable? Or are they best not known about.

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Okay. Fair enough, I’ll explain and I’ll apologise as it’s offended you and that was not my intention. My point was/is; if you hear your children/grandchildren repeating offensive lyrics, or singing along, how do you react.? If you don’t immediately reprimand them for their disgusting behaviour, you’re a hypocrite. 

That's better, And accepted, 1st off my Grandchildren are boys of 12 and 8, They are brought up not to swear or be impolite, What they do at school I do not know as I'm not there, Now, If I was to hear any derogatory language from either, Their parents would be informed and they'd deal with it, I have 2 grown Children, Both have their own minds and thoughts, It's up to them on how they conduct themselves.

Now this is my issue, I'm Derby born and bred...66 years I love the City of my birth, What I do not like is the constant barrage of vitriol from opposing fans, CKs tweets have fuelled dislike again for us, A simple apology would alleviate most of this in an instant, Then we can move on.

As for Hypocrisy, Show me a person who denies being one, And I'll buy a Forest shirt and wear it.    

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Yes  but they are contentious.

I wouldn’t mind Ashley as owner but Newcastle fans didn’t like him .

What didn’t they like about him that worries you about him being our owner?

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

That's better, And accepted, 1st off my Grandchildren are boys of 12 and 8, They are brought up not to swear or be impolite, What they do at school I do not know as I'm not there, Now, If I was to hear any derogatory language from either, Their parents would be informed and they'd deal with it, I have 2 grown Children, Both have their own minds and thoughts, It's up to them on how they conduct themselves.

Now this is my issue, I'm Derby born and bred...66 years I love the City of my birth, What I do not like is the constant barrage of vitriol from opposing fans, CKs tweets have fuelled dislike again for us, A simple apology would alleviate most of this in an instant, Then we can move on.

As for Hypocrisy, Show me a person who denies being one, And I'll buy a Forest shirt and wear it.    

CK's comments haven't caused any anger towards us,it's just opposing fans finding and deploying what they think is ammunition in an effort to wind us up...which some people on here have fell hook,line and sinker for.

C'mon folks,wise up.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

21 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They found a potential owner's mean tweets, their owner was accused of drug trafficking. Those bullets fired are paint balls against the mountain of shady poo other football owners have done. Football has no morals, so why moralise

Have you ever gone about life and seen, Heard, Read something that you didn't like?, It's not just football it's all around us, Morals have fallen off the richter scale in todays life.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

59 minutes ago, Crewton said:

How about "preeningly sanctimonious" - does that work as a less politically charged alternative? 

Not for me, unfortunately. That's the problem with intelligence (at least in my case) - it's inversely proportional to tolerance.