The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It would be a big reduction but, I’d like to think we’d get more than just a couple of thousand. (Macclesfield get 2-3000 in the North West Counties league). Provided it was affordable, it would be worth putting up with. Personally, I think a Phoenix club playing outside of Derby would see a much bigger drop in attendances than one remaining at what is now “our ground”. Staying at PP maintains that link with the old club IMO. 

If a Derby county team were able to stay at PP, I’d definitely still turn up and renew my season ticket. I’m not sure if I would if the Phoenix club played at some of the grounds mentioned (Stoke, Port Vale, Leicester, Notts County or Chesterfield. I probably would if they played at Burton but, only to my shame, because it would be convenient). I suspect I may not be alone.

Good points.

Unfortunately Derby without pride park would be a non starter with potential investor I suspect.  People banging on about renting Burton are delusional imho. If we survive and drop into league 1. I suspect we would have around 23 K per match even on -15 and even higher if we do well at PP.  With the potential to average much higher with success in following years. If we lose PP we will be on @5-7 K at Burton with no potential for growth thus a massive drop in attendance fees and sponsorship. I am increasingly worried that MM has to make money on PP. No idea if it’s a problem with personal wealth or the worry of a potential fraud investigation by HMRC. My business is minute in comparison but I know if I buy an asset for 80 million ( even though I have stated all along that was a massively over valued price) I would have offset tax against the purchase and interest on the loan. If I then give it away for peanuts or even nothing, the taxman will want to investigate. Especially at a time when commercial and domestic properties are increasing by 14% per annum currently. I can’t see an happy ending, especially if it is true Q have had no contact with MA for 2 months. IF that’s true, they are at best inept and at worst  a bunch of carpetbaggers 

47 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whats this then , 2 months ?

And whose this nob in the replies.  This is the state of journalism at it's highest level today is it .  

Looks like Rob Draper was the only one who took the Clooney thing seriously!!!

Not a good look.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whats this then , 2 months ?

And whose this nob in the replies.  This is the state of journalism at it's highest level today is it .  

Think he’s mocking the sun more than anything tbh. 

Edited by Ramos

35 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

All getting a bit nasty toward the end game.  

How *very* generous of Morris to allow the stadium to be sold at a price that will pay off his debt! Think how much he's saved by not keeping paying for the Club until a buyer was found!

No-one asked you to spend more than you wanted to lose Morris!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How *very* generous of Morris to allow the stadium to be sold at a price that will pay off his debt! Think how much he's saved by not keeping paying for the Club until a buyer was found!

Welcome back Roy Mac, the forum just hasn’t been the same without you ??

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Welcome back Roy Mac you have some catching up to do.. I am way ahead of you in the posting stakes.. quantity wise at least.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I understand that, but (1) it doesn't make me like him, and (2) I honestly think he's making a strategic error. If he'd stumped up more money in the autumn he'd probably have a Championship club capable of retaining its assets starting on zero points next season. Now, he's probably got a League 1 club that's about to lose the vast majority of its assets and start on -15 points. It's a ducking shambles.

A very valid point. I don't like him either btw. The moment we got -21 points taken off, the vast majority thought relegation is the most likely outcome at the end of the season. If you had to put a few mill on the table and had no attachment to the club then waiting till the end of the season for a knock down price is the rational, cold and calculated "sensible"  option I am afraid

3 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

It just sounds like Quantuma are losing control of the process. The idea a fan led demonstration outside the ground 90 minutes before kick off could lead to the abandonment of the game is such nonsense. People are losing patience because of consistent complaints of a lack of communication from not just fans but numerous interested parties. This statement is not going to help and could even put fuel on the fire. 

Just now, PistoldPete said:

Welcome back Roy Mac you have some catching up to do.. I am way ahead of you in the posting stakes.. quantity wise at least.

Lol, cheers. Can't be fussed tbh. But that comment 'from Morris' really pissed me off. The nerve of him. He split the Club and ground for his own financial reasons. Now he wants his money back!

Like the latest Quantuma statement telling all the fans to behave themselves or they'll take our Golden Share away. Utter merchant bankers!

Clear that admins (Mel) don't want to sell to Ashley. Morris wants to sell to Appleby as he'll be letting him keep a place in some form at the club (like he originally wanted during Bin Zayed group). I bet the delays are because Appleby can't stump up the cash.