The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

He is interested, just after driving the price down as low as possible and  without paying a single penny more than he needs to.

I doubt it's below him to use the threat of pulling out of the deal as a bargaining chip

It wouldn't be below him, there simply isn't much left to purchase.

12 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It has also been stated in the recent past that football as we know it is not sustainable and a number of clubs will go.

I'll collect the paper plates they'll all be using for us, to save for for all my parties.  Apart from Bristol City, Forest and the thick Neanderthals constantly posting on twitter from Coventry, Boro and Digbeth.  They'll get the best Royal Crown Derby.  I'll stick the OTIB socially deficient society on the guest list for there's.  They could do with a night out and some sunshine away from the basements.

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

I think if he has the means we are relying on him having good will towards the situation.

PS Where have all the MPs and Council leaders and celebrities gone again !

Why are we getting no concrete news .

Is no news good news 

All the MP's and celebrities can do is a bit of posturing about the plight of the club nothing else.

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

There are some rumours that a meeting has been had with the council, the bidder and someone from the club so that the stadium will be owned by the council and leased to us in a workable way. Another rumour is that the council ran the numbers before and couldn't make it work but the very real threat of the club's extinction is making them think again. 

I'm not sure if no news is good news but it's all such a ducking mess. I just want to be able to go and enjoy the football without worrying if we'll have a club again. 

There is no way the council will buy the ground when they can't find the funds to run council services as they should.

25 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

He probably has no interest in paying the same amount he was offering in December, but there's no indication (indeed it appears to be the complete opposite) that he's not interested in buying the club....

As a bloke worth around 1.5 billion, a lot in liquid assets, he's not really endearing himself to me at the minute as he could quite easily have purchased us 6 weeks ago and secured the remainder of these young players on contracts- possibly with release clauses as most won't want to play in League 1- thereby holding their value at least.  If we wind up there with 3 players and a 15 point deduction what real interest does he have in making the club competitive again. I don't really give a poo about any of them anymore.  Saw on twitter that people are having accounts closed and police visits.  What the hells all that about.  I'm going to leave this for a bit to avoid the meltdown when tomorrow comes and sod all happens.   

Three potential bidders: Kirchner, Binnies and now Ashley have all complained about a lack of communication from the Administrators.

Even if they've tried tyre kicking, low-ball, bids, I would've thought you still keep in touch with anyone who expresses any kind of interest at all. You never know how things might change.

In addition, the communication with Rooney - according to Rooney himself, the supporters, the EFL had all been less than a flood of information.

Sorry, I don't understand that approach.

I wonder if they've kept in touch with any of the creditors. @David - are you one? Can you shed any light on that?

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Anybody still convinced Mel Morris isn't pulling the strings of Quantuma?

I would imagine that MM is doing exactly the same as Q, the EFL, HMRC, Ashley, Appleby and any other bidders/financiers, which is finding the best deal that he can to suit his purposes.  You could argue that they're all pulling Q's strings, just as Q no doubt are pulling their strings.

The positive thing is that it is in none of their interests - for different reasons, for us to go bust/be liquidated.  Reputational or financial.  Might not stop it from happening but it isn't in their interests  

9 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

There is no way the council will buy the ground when they can't find the funds to run council services as they should.

I have a completely unfounded suspicion that Mel will gift the ground to the City Council and the club will lease it at £1 a year, but with full responsibility for the upkeep. 

In this scenario, Gadsby then leads a consortium who put in the minimum amount to exit administration and provide guarantees for the rest. We then spend a few years in League 1 with a shoestring budget, but we've still got a club.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Anybody still convinced Mel Morris isn't pulling the strings of Quantuma?

But to what end does this work? I’m not saying it’s wrong, but I think it sounds a good thing to say for those on the anti-Mel agenda rather than making sense?

I think the more balanced outlook is Mel buggered up the books so badly it has made the club a hard sale for the admins, that’s without the EFL/Boro mess and all the other mess. Mel, whether it has been the club to begin with, or now the stadium, has put himself in a dreadful negotiating position which hasn’t helped either, everyone is waiting to see who blinks first, because someone is getting a potentially big club with too facilities for a good price if they are willing to sit it out. Quantuma don’t come out of it well I get that, but they’ve dealt with a man who’s been cutting his nose to spite his face for a long time now. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Quick question, if the club gets liquidated, Q won’t get paid either will they?

I think they need to take some of the blame for stringing this whole situation out.

Time to sharpen their pencils I think.

Think if we get liquidated then the TV money which the EFL have been holding onto and is released at the end of the season goes to paying football creditors and then the administrators.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

That article says Ashley was close to a takeover in December. If that's true (big if) then why did it not happen? Was it the Boro claim that was sorted out after the transfer window had shut? So why not crack on with it? Imagine the different position we'd have been in he'd gotten this done back then.

We're in desperate need of some transparency here, because this is really painful to endure.

No doubt the statement "was close to a takeover in December" has come from the Ashley camp,he might have thought he was close to a takeover but the administrators didn't. Very much doubt that Ashley will tell why it didn't happen. Perhaps he thought peanuts would buy the club.