The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I agree - and get quite low when I think about it.

Then I think that, in 7 days time, I will be watching Derbyshire play cricket.

And then 2 weeks later, in total despair, start looking forward to the new footie season ?

10 minutes ago, David said:

Derby winning games = good mood.

Derby losing games = end of the world.

It's always been the case. I stay offline for a couple of days so not to be infected.

I agree of course the mood changes with wins but nevertheless the takeover is a separate entity surely as it can’t make any difference to the sale can it !

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And then 2 weeks later, in total despair, start looking forward to the new footie season ?

I have no expectations with respect to Derbyshire. I good season out of 20 or so just keeps the eternal optimism topped up. Speaking of 'topped up', beer helps.

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

However, after Boro was sorted, the administrators said we'd be surprised how quickly things would move. That does indicate either the administrators have significantly underestimated the difficulties still present (which shouldn't be happening) or that something is happening that they didn't foresee and is slowing the process down.

Or their definition of "quickly" is just radically different to ours.  Don't get me wrong, I do think things are taking longer than they expected, but we spent 5 months getting absolutely nowhere, other than expressions of interest from a few parties. Then in the month or so since the 'Boro thing was sorted, we've had multiple official bids made, at least one of which has been backwards and forwards and then rejected (the Binnies one), and it sounds like the others are being worked on.  So things do seem to actually be moving now.

I suspect half the problem is that for football fans, "quickly" means Jim White cheering as a club rushes through a transfer at 10.59pm on deadline day.  Accountants move at a completely different speed.

3 hours ago, curb said:

I might be a bit strange on my views, but at the moment I think I’d prefer a complete fresh start in whatever national league we could get in. I realise most won’t follow, but the ones that do would be the ones there to support a Derby FC, even if it is only a few hundred. 
Going down to league 1 with another points deduction feels like a slow death, starting again in League 2 would be like accepting the EFL destroy us but want to keep our income so we’d have to humbly accept their generosity in allowing us to stay. 
starting again in the National League North could be an exciting adventure, you never know. 

I  agree, you are a bit strange on your views ?

14 minutes ago, David said:

A little tired of this so here's my response to Mafiabob and MuespachRam.

5214DE12-DE1E-4E6E-8093-F2677A441B5A.jpeg

1A2DA020-3003-498E-AC72-37CEE358DA7F.png

David no way should you be getting any blame .

Ridiculous to have a go at forum members who liked MM 

I was one and remember Brentford away and fans loving being with the guy at the pub . Not me at the time .

Edited by Curtains
Added

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

What's that, MuespachRam is an obnoxious troll? Well I never.

He holds the belief that I was paid off to protect Mel.

These are accusations I have defended privately, yet they are going public now and when forum members may see it I just felt I need to reply.

This situation is hurting me more than anyone, I am also owed a lot of money ahead of the wedding as well and it's just frustrating that some fans are using this as a told you so.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Or their definition of "quickly" is just radically different to ours.  Don't get me wrong, I do think things are taking longer than they expected, but we spent 5 months getting absolutely nowhere, other than expressions of interest from a few parties. Then in the month or so since the 'Boro thing was sorted, we've had multiple official bids made, at least one of which has been backwards and forwards and then rejected (the Binnies one), and it sounds like the others are being worked on.  So things do seem to actually be moving now.

I suspect half the problem is that for football fans, "quickly" means Jim White cheering as a club rushes through a transfer at 10.59pm on deadline day.  Accountants move at a completely different speed.

The statement was made in relation to how we would view it though which kind of undermines your argument. Maybe the comms just suck but after the constant promises of a preferred bidder by the end of the week, next 10 days etc. that seems to indicate they understand what 'quick' entails. 

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

David no way should you be getting any blame .

Ridiculous 

It may not be a popular view but I think it is somewhat lazy to purely blame Mel. I think he had most hoodwinked and the situation he leaves us in is unforgivable. Yet, we have the EFL who have sought to make an example of us rather than protect/support. If they had done their job properly in the first place this all could have been avoided. If they had admitted mistakes rather than pursue us to save face, it could have been avoided. Then we have the vendettas of other club owners. 

Are Quantuma actually doing anything? They have not been honest with Rooney and they sure like bigging things up only to miss deadlines.

Finally, the prospective owners. What kind of message does it send if you are willing to let the club start next season on -15 and 5 players, just to save a few quid?

As far as I am concerned, every single one of these pieces has let the fans, the staff and the players down. And all of us have zero idea what is happening and what will happen. It feels like all that fan pressure has faded away, the hopes on the pitch rapidly fading.

It is rather depressing that following a sport should be decided by men in suits trying to save money and face.

@David I can only speak for myself, but being a Derby fan honestly wouldn't quite the same without this place.  You only have to look at the forums other clubs have, to realise how lucky we are that you are willing to put the effort and resources into keeping it running so well.  As far as I'm concerned, anybody questioning your motives can just GFTO.

And I say that as someone who has posted *plenty* of messages critical of Mel, which have all (to my knowledge anyway) been allowed to stay up on here.

20 minutes ago, David said:

He holds the belief that I was paid off to protect Mel.

These are accusations I have defended privately, yet they are going public now and when forum members may see it I just felt I need to reply.

This situation is hurting me more than anyone, I am also owed a lot of money ahead of the wedding as well and it's just frustrating that some fans are using this as a told you so.

Been on this forum a long time. Never once have I felt that there was any influence on my views from yourself or others here. I find it somewhat disrespectful to even imply such a thing.

You have acted on good faith and been severely let down, we as a fan base need to stick together not try and score cheap points.