The Administration Thread

Boycie

22 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

DCFC asked him to continue as manager, he said to them in all honesty it was time for a new captain of the ship,  a fact I believe. 

You mean q asked him to continue ? I am sure they would have been guided by David C at that stage. Not sure we’ve seen any sign as to whether DC wanted him to stay or go. 

I think there’s a fair chance Rooney was involved in CK/Stretford’s plans for our club and that his departure was connected to that. I certainly think it’s unwise to believe the blandishments you read in press releases about resignations and sackings. 

as for his salary with us, I think you’d need to know exactly what the deal was with 32 to be able to unpick it. Also, the US deal might also involve all sorts of bonus arrangements 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

You mean q asked him to continue ? I am sure they would have been guided by David C at that stage. Not sure we’ve seen any sign as to whether DC wanted him to stay or go. 

I think there’s a fair chance Rooney was involved in CK/Stretford’s plans for our club and that his departure was connected to that. I certainly think it’s unwise to believe the blandishments you read in press releases about resignations and sackings. 

as for his salary with us, I think you’d need to know exactly what the deal was with 32 to be able to unpick it. Also, the US deal might also involve all sorts of bonus arrangements 

Q would not have tried to persuade Wayne to stay without the approval of DC, regarding bonus arrangements at DC United, if they existed we would see next season when the salaries are published, e.g Johnny Russell is on $1.6 million a year at Sporting Kansas, £1.356million or £26,075/week he is the second highest paid player in the team. There is total transparency on wages in the MLS

10 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Q would not have tried to persuade Wayne to stay without the approval of DC, regarding bonus arrangements at DC United, if they existed we would see next season when the salaries are published, e.g Johnny Russell is on $1.6 million a year at Sporting Kansas, £1.356million or £26,075/week he is the second highest paid player in the team. There is total transparency on wages in the MLS

Off topic but so pleased Johnny seems to have been a success out there

20 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Rooney’s latest statement (explaining why he left) makes no sense.  He says 

‘We had no owner, we had no players and it felt I had got to the point where I did all I could’

But he ‘resigned’ just as Clowes was taking over. 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

‘We had no owner, we had no players and it felt I had got to the point where I did all I could’

Maybe pressure from the Mrs? I can imagine she was fed up of him checking on here every 5 minutes to see whether anything was happening while they were supposed to be enjoying a family holiday. 

(or was that just me?)

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yep sure is strange, Maybe as has been suggested, Conversations were ongoing while he was in the pay of DCFC.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wayne-rooney-exit-7328240

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Chris Kirchner probably offered to post his resignation letter for him just took a while to arrive. 

25 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yeah. No problem with him going and all the best to him, but that has a pretty strong wiff off BS emanating from it. 

22 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

According to the salary experts on here and on OTIB and also the mainstream UK media, Wayne was being paid £90,000 a week as the Rams manager, a figure which frankly I totally disbelieve. His new salary at DC United as reported by both the UK and USA media as being $1 million a year ( a figure which will be verifiable as MLS clubs publish all their salaries every year) which on todays exchange rate is £847,457 a year some £16,297 a week, that is 82% lower or only 1/6th  of his alleged DCFC salary. So all the comments and criticism about his alleged DCFC salary are total B.S. FWIW I do not believe he was drawing a salary when he resigned.

DCFC asked him to continue as manager, he said to them in all honesty it was time for a new captain of the ship,  a fact I believe. What I find interesting are the posters who were dead set against him last season continuing as manager now accuse him of being a greedy bar steward, when in fact he has moved on at a small fraction of the salary they allege he was on. The facts do not fit their narrative.

He has gone to manage a basket case in the MLS and I am convinced he will show he can be a great manager. 

This ^ absolutely.

Let's not start to turn on WR. He did us very proud and I'm not surprised at the decision but was very disappointed. It took me 3 days to accept it. A week is a long time in football {curiously though not as long as 48 hours!)

21 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Jeepers. And you wonder why football finances are a mess. 

I loved watching Johnny play (until the end when he switched off), I really did. And I know that footballers careers are short but every week he earns just less than the annual UK average pay for full time employees and his annual salary would, roughly, take 4500 Dcfc season tickets to fund.  

And when all’s said and done he’s an average player, in our leagues at least. 

Well done him and his agent but ye Gods is football a mess

12 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

This ^ absolutely.

Let's not start to turn on WR. He did us very proud and I'm not surprised at the decision but was very disappointed. It took me 3 days to accept it. A week is a long time in football {curiously though not as long as 48 hours!)

Even if he had lined something up, I don't begrudge him his move, or feel we should be asking for compensation.  

He took so much on his shoulders last season, carried out not only his own role but multiple others too, and did it with good grace, determination and the sort of leadership that truly put the pride back into Pride Park. 

For that, I'll always be grateful.

30 minutes ago, Rev said:

Even if he had lined something up, I don't begrudge him his move, or feel we should be asking for compensation.  

He took so much on his shoulders last season, carried out not only his own role but multiple others too, and did it with good grace, determination and the sort of leadership that truly put the pride back into Pride Park. 

For that, I'll always be grateful.

I always had the feeling he was leaving soon as the bid failed. What was a bit weird was him hanging around a week or two after then upping sticks just before everything got sorted. Unless it was as simple as he didn't want to go right after ck failed because that'd have been taken badly by some, or, there was something incompatable between him and DC.

Either way, he had time anagin been been put in a position where walking away would've been fully justified so I don't begrudge it when he did.

There's also no way he was £90k/wk as our manager, when they gave hime 2 1/2 year contract as manager his salary would've been reduced *a lot* - my take being we probably agreed to pay him the rest of his playing contract (which might have been £90k/wk with us getting additional 32 red sponsorship) over 2 1/2 years.

25 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I should think so. David C has brought his own bean-counter onto the Board. 

1 hour ago, SirBrian said:

Mels accountant as he gone, forget his name, hope he has.

Nope , Stephen Pearce is still CEO i believe.

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Gosh. Tad surprised at that. I hold no malice against him; but his “ watch” was near fatal to the Club.

Makes absolute sense to keep Pearce in his role, recruiting would take many months and presumably require a "headhunter" at a cost of 25% of the salary to be paid, Pearce is experienced and has years of sitting on the EFL board, and also good senior contacts at lower league levels. Would have been foolish to fire him at this time especially as his contact would need to have been paid up.

Shrewd move by DC

9 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Makes absolute sense to keep Pearce in his role, recruiting would take many months and presumably require a "headhunter" at a cost of 25% of the salary to be paid, Pearce is experienced and has years of sitting on the EFL board, and also good senior contacts at lower league levels. Would have been foolish to fire him at this time especially as his contact would need to have been paid up.

Shrewd move by DC

If dc wants to keep him on that’s good enough for me ,,, chances are he knows his stuff and is good at his job but was doing what he was told under Morris, he may be a very different kettle of fish under clowes