The Administration Thread

Boycie

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Or, paid his bloody bills and then sold us at the end of the season for far more than he has got out of the stadium, like any sensible businessman.

I mean, he could have rang Mike Ashley and said "hey Mike, fancy buying Derby for 30 million, stadium and everything" and Mike would probably have snapped his hand off.

Unfortunately, Mel thinks he knows what he is doing, but very clearly doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Since when has Mike Ashley snapped any ones hand off? He buys failed businesses for the very bottom price or walks away.

38 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I presume it's not happening today.

Quantuma didn't even say when they expect it to be completed this time.

There isn't the usual Twittersphere speculation.

Nixon has started his weekend early.

@Owen87ITK has disappeared off the planet - on holiday?

The corner flag is well out of the way in the store cupboard.

Anyone down at Moor Farm to watch the trialists put through their paces - or are we not allowed to use it anymore?

Anything else happening?  I might as well do some work then. Ah well.

My view too - if it does happen then, even with this knee ligament damage, I'll be hopping about celebrating, but mentally I've geared myself up to assume it won't happen and that early next week is the target.  By which point I'm sure we'll have lost another couple of players. 

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Never before in the field of football administration has much been bungled by so few. Future generations shall look back upon Quantuma and say "well that was very disappointing if I'm honest about it"

I'd be very surprised if they see any future work in football tbh.

5 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Great brewery with some great beers.....although not a huge fan of the Milkshake IPA

My brother worked at St Austell Brewery when he was a student in the summer in the 70s, going around in the lorry delivering barrels of beer ? Nice little job…..

3 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

How much money have Quantuma cost the club because of their inability to oversea a takeover, due to players leaving on free transfers, because we couldn’t/can’t offer contract renewals ? 

Perhaps we should sue them for incompetence ?

2 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

How much money have Quantuma cost the club because of their inability to oversea a takeover, due to players leaving on free transfers, because we couldn’t/can’t offer contract renewals ? 

Millions. If not ten million.

I’d also argue that a competent organisation would have given Rooney the goods to stay up last season.

With that, if Rooney had then left, we’d have got decent compo.

They really are the most useless organisation I’ve come across.

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you not think that was down to Pearce, he knows where 'the bodies are buried'.

No, I think Pearce was an employee trying his best to make his boss's hare-brained schemes work.

After all, Mel was happy to interfere in footballing decisions, when he had no experience. He's a successful businessman, so it's beyond comprehension that he wouldn't be the driving force in business decisions. 

Just now, CornwallRam said:

No, I think Pearce was an employee trying his best to make his boss's hare-brained schemes work.

After all, Mel was happy to interfere in footballing decisions, when he had no experience. He's a successful businessman, so it's beyond comprehension that he wouldn't be the driving force in business decisions. 

I didn't say he buried them, I said he knew where they were buried. Why else keep him around?

4 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I'd be very surprised if they see any future work in football tbh.

I don't think they have performed well.  But, I do think this is an implausibly difficult job and no good outcomes were available.  

They are the public face, but there are dozens of interested stakeholders who have and are all pushing their objectives, and the admin need to spin all these plates.  

1 minute ago, CBX1985 said:

I don't think they have performed well.  But, I do think this is an implausibly difficult job and no good outcomes were available.  

They are the public face, but there are dozens of interested stakeholders who have and are all pushing their objectives, and the admin need to spin all these plates.  

Except for their enormous fees? ?

15 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Millions. If not ten million.

I’d also argue that a competent organisation would have given Rooney the goods to stay up last season.

With that, if Rooney had then left, we’d have got decent compo.

They really are the most useless organisation I’ve come across.

'The Goods' were needed to keep the club operational and to pay wages after the EFL blocked the takeover in January and backed Steve Gibson.

I suppose we could always have decided not to pay the wages and invoked an additional 3 point penalty each month, but it would hardly have been conducive to us staying up and getting compensation for Rooney!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

There's plans to build houses on the Chad side of Acorn Way. Locko estates want a piece of the action and want to double the rent or they'll evict DCFC and cash in on the housing boom.

Erewash Borough Council, in which the Locko Estate lies, has it's Headquarters in Long Eaton which has a Nottinghamshire postcode. The Red Dog filth are apparently prepared to listen to a plan to build affordable housing on Moor Farm.

Edited by 24Charlie