The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

it seems very unlikely MM is in cahoots w DC. But it’s possible MM has some sort of ongoing interest - overage is common in that sort of contract. And if DC agreed to it I’d guess it was because it was the only way he could get MM to sell him the stadium. 

Doubt that would have been a factor in WR’s decision — div 1 is a big stretch for him and it needed to be on his terms

Anyway, WR can hardly complain, he likes a bit of overage

Rooney certainly doesn’t risk going with anyone underage. 

Gossip alert 

there’s a bit of gossip. Potentially mischief making, but amusing nonetheless. 

Mike Ashley has submitted a bid equal to 37p in the pound on the basis that rival bidders have to match or better this, otherwise Quantuma are legally obliged to accept it. 

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Gossip alert 

Mike Ashley has submitted a bid equal to 37p in the pound on the basis that rival bidders have to match or better this, otherwise Quantuma are legally obliged to accept it. 

Mike Ashley can offer whatever the hell he likes now but if I was D.C. I’d charge a gazillion quadrupilion pounds rent for MA to use the stadium 

3 hours ago, Flying Fokker said:

I’m biased,  Cov first.    Anyone can argue the toss as to whether Rooney was ‘The Man’.  I don’t like the guy but he has even grown on me.  Not my hero.  Then again, I don’t do that.

County need to appoint an experienced journeyman in the short term in my opinion.  Someone to set the foundations in place. Coventry City chose cheap and nasty managers for several years after admin.  Some real rubbish.   Their budget has been tightly controlled ever since, as it is currently in the bottom 5 Championship funds for players.    Mark Robbins is not currently available!  

it will be an interesting few years at Derby.  High fan base, in a physical league and some big name clubs.  As has been said many a time,  it would be great to talk football. 

Notts, Stockport, Newport are all county. We are Derby, Derby County or Rams, never just county.

5 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Mike Ashley can offer whatever the hell he likes now but if I was D.C. I’d charge a gazillion quadrupilion pounds rent for MA to use the stadium 

So you don't think DC is a real fan after all?

If you were him you'd rather be stuck with a white elephant than allow anyone else to own the club and play at PP? Hopefully DC wouldn't be that vindictive.

24 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Gossip alert 

He’s a nightmare and who’d envy q having to handle him. The worst thing is, his bid (if it exists) probably assumes they take a cold bath on fees, leaving q subsidising the uplift to UCs . And q know he’ll drop his suit if he gets us. 

One thing you can say about Ashley is, you’d rather have him on your side 

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

Just considering contracts and the loophole that a couple of players are exploring, could the new owners rip up those contracts and offer new contracts?

If so, they could make those contracts unappealing and remove the staff that way if they wished?

Dunno the answer BTW.

This is the UK you can’t rip up contracts 

I would say that Rooney and Ebiowei going have knocked at least a million off our value.

The more assets we lose the less there is for any new owner to buy. At this point it's the youth set up that's the attractive prospect, and for that we need key staff like Wassall to stay.

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’s a nightmare and who’d envy q having to handle him. The worst thing is, his bid (if it exists) probably assumes they take a cold bath on fees, leaving q subsidising the uplift to UCs . And q know he’ll drop his suit if he gets us. 

One thing you can say about Ashley is, you’d rather have him on your side 

Why would you want to be on the side of a bully?

1 hour ago, RipleyRich said:

Just considering contracts and the loophole that a couple of players are exploring, could the new owners rip up those contracts and offer new contracts?

If so, they could make those contracts unappealing and remove the staff that way if they wished?

Dunno the answer BTW.

Depends what is in their contracts.  Unless legally confirmed - and I'm not a lawyer - I wouldn't be 100% that you can simply rip contracts up because a new owner takes over.  A new club - i.e. phoenix with name taken, yes I would imagine you could; but I'm not sure - unless written in - you can do this with a simple takeover.  So I recommend take that with pinch of salt.

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

I would say that Rooney and Ebiowei going have knocked at least a million off our value.

The more assets we lose the less there is for any new owner to buy. At this point it's the youth set up that's the attractive prospect, and for that we need key staff like Wassall to stay.

Rooney going will also knock quite a number off season ticket sales too

10 minutes ago, Rample said:

Ebiowei, yes - talented, young and probably hitherto very cheap.  Rooney has raised it.  His wages are high, and whilst he does bring considerable value, you have to temper that against his cost.

A new owner might want a cheaper coach, or their own guy.  I think Rooney leaving makes us more valuable.  

47 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Gossip alert 

He has to formally offer, and DC cannot be in exclusivity - or they cannot accept it.

The terms would also need to be like for like.