The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, JG400 said:

If we keep Forsyth there's a certain -15 point deduction straight away  ?

Im in two minds on fozzy. 

i mean part of me is “god no please let us move on” the guy was done 2-3 years ago.

but then part of me is like” hes a loyal servant, v good pro to have about, will be cheap, gives us v v emergency cover at dc”

meh.. for the right wage.. and im talking not a lot

are we better keeping him for a year  

Surely it will be Rosenior with the current staff as they are under contract for another year and we can’t afford to pay them off or if we poach someone pay any compo.How will all this sit in the business plan we have to put to the EFL. Sad that Wayne has gone been a good frontman for the club but wouldn’t have been here for too long I think -if he’d done well he would have been taken by someone and if we had a bad season he’d have had to go

5 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

It's time to start renewing contract then for me. Not sure who will be leading an negotiations but surley giving the likes of Curtis, Fozzy and CKR deals who for me want to stay will give everyone a lift for when the return to training. Hopefully we get on the table for Cashin too, he has a bright future in the game.

Curtis and Fozzy for sure but maybe not CKR as he can’t run a great deal anymore and play a full game 

12 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Im in two minds on fozzy. 

i mean part of me is “god no please let us move on” the guy was done 2-3 years ago.

but then part of me is like” hes a loyal servant, v good pro to have about, will be cheap, gives us v v emergency cover at dc”

meh.. for the right wage.. and im talking not a lot

are we better keeping him for a year  

I think he did well last season and it’s looking that Buchanan wants away so do we have anyone else who can play left back and can head a ball because we are in the third division not the premiership 

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Curtis and Fozzy for sure but maybe not CKR as he can’t run a great deal anymore and play a full game 

Agree… i actually hope we move on from ckr… not dismissing the job hes done for us.

think its just time both parties moved on. 

could probably say the same for rav tbh 

5 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

As a silent minority backer, as he said in the programme with Samuelson.

That was when Morris was trying to sell the club, not in an administration scenario. Why would Clowes want a "silent partner" who clearly doesn't want to invest any more money into the club? 

I think some folk might have the bogie man stuck in their heads. 

1 hour ago, Flying Fokker said:

I’m biased,  Cov first.    Anyone can argue the toss as to whether Rooney was ‘The Man’.  I don’t like the guy but he has even grown on me.  Not my hero.  Then again, I don’t do that.

County need to appoint an experienced journeyman in the short term in my opinion.  Someone to set the foundations in place. Coventry City chose cheap and nasty managers for several years after admin.  Some real rubbish.   Their budget has been tightly controlled ever since, as it is currently in the bottom 5 Championship funds for players.    Mark Robbins is not currently available!  

it will be an interesting few years at Derby.  High fan base, in a physical league and some big name clubs.  As has been said many a time,  it would be great to talk football. 

Just for the record, I don't know one single Derby fan who uses the term "County", when referring to our football club.
Indeed, from over 4 decades of discussions, banter, and general chit-chat on the subject, I'd venture to say that the vast majority literally hate the term!

Other than that, your posts and opinions are most welcome.  ?

7 hours ago, Redlandram said:

My take on it is that under Clowes, Morris remains a "sleeping partner" and that was a no no for Wayne.

Don't get me wrong C!owes is great news but we have not seen the end of Mel.

Hypothesis not ITK.

it seems very unlikely MM is in cahoots w DC. But it’s possible MM has some sort of ongoing interest - overage is common in that sort of contract. And if DC agreed to it I’d guess it was because it was the only way he could get MM to sell him the stadium. 

Doubt that would have been a factor in WR’s decision — div 1 is a big stretch for him and it needed to be on his terms

Anyway, WR can hardly complain, he likes a bit of overage

31 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That was when Morris was trying to sell the club, not in an administration scenario. Why would Clowes want a "silent partner" who clearly doesn't want to invest any more money into the club? 

I think some folk might have the bogie man stuck in their heads. 

I don't think he wants to relinquish all  ties to the club.

1 hour ago, Flying Fokker said:

I’m biased,  Cov first.    Anyone can argue the toss as to whether Rooney was ‘The Man’.  I don’t like the guy but he has even grown on me.  Not my hero.  Then again, I don’t do that.

County need to appoint an experienced journeyman in the short term in my opinion.  Someone to set the foundations in place. Coventry City chose cheap and nasty managers for several years after admin.  Some real rubbish.   Their budget has been tightly controlled ever since, as it is currently in the bottom 5 Championship funds for players.    Mark Robbins is not currently available!  

it will be an interesting few years at Derby.  High fan base, in a physical league and some big name clubs.  As has been said many a time,  it would be great to talk football. 

Mark Robins would be perfect ???

He lives in the area as well!!

2 hours ago, secretsquirrel said:

Surely it will be Rosenior with the current staff as they are under contract for another year and we can’t afford to pay them off or if we poach someone pay any compo.How will all this sit in the business plan we have to put to the EFL. Sad that Wayne has gone been a good frontman for the club but wouldn’t have been here for too long I think -if he’d done well he would have been taken by someone and if we had a bad season he’d have had to go

Just considering contracts and the loophole that a couple of players are exploring, could the new owners rip up those contracts and offer new contracts?

If so, they could make those contracts unappealing and remove the staff that way if they wished?

Dunno the answer BTW.

So what a ruse by mr Clowes, to save us from quantuma !

he’s quite the man and such a fan, loves cloughie and Steve bloomer

Yes pride park’s now his curtilage, so much is not in doubt

but we don’t know who’ll own the club until this has played out 

he’s named his price (we hope it’s nice) he’s now a stalking horse

If needed he will take the reins, jump fences on the course

But will he win the derby (and is that what we want most?)

Or will a shirebrook pony come and pip him at the post ?