The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's different gravy I think?

Interesting bit here in the Guardian from 2012:

"The appointment of Trevor Birch as the administrator of Portsmouth is facing a further challenge from other accountants who claim he should not have been given the role due to a conflict of interest.

Birch was appointed to the position at the high court on Friday instead of Andrew Andronikou, of UHY Hacker Young, who is the administrator of Portsmouth's holding company, Convers Sports Initiatives and, formerly, of the club itself.

Andronikou was set to be appointed as the administrator of the club again when Portsmouth went into administration for the second time last week; but Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs protested that Andronikou had "issues of conflict" given his previous roles. HMRC asked for Birch, formerly the chief executive at Chelsea, Leeds and Sheffield United when they were financially stricken, to be appointed instead."

Guess where Andrew is now (here's a hint ? there's a Q in the name).

It was pointed out at the time Roy that Andronikou wasn't up to the job way back in the early days of Admin, Out of the 3 in the Q team he's one that is mentioned the least or not al all.

The Portsmouth poster on here has said that Andronikou wasn't up to much and thanked Birch for his work.

Just as an add on

I go walking/running in the Morning and often see lots of folk, One in particular wears a Derby training top, At 1st it was a thumbs up, Then a good Morning but lately it's become a good talk to each other, He works at the Acadamy for the Ladies teams has a ST and goes with his Daughter.

He's asking me questions of which answers I get mostly from here or the media(truth of BS ?‍♀️ ), The employees are treated as mushrooms of little consequence...and are not informed of anything...as he admits!

Edited by Unlucky Alf

Would be good if one of the Mods can put the Trevor Birch statement into the Daily Updates as otherwise it's hard for many people to follow what's going on.

In terms of proof of funding for the club for next season, it surely makes us even less attractive as a proposition if Quantuma go back to MSD for yet more money at these usurious interest rates, adding vastly more debt to be paid off at 100%. This is not in the best interests of the club and is an extremely risky gamble with our future.

A funding plan needs to come from the local community, which can be a mix of businesses, high-wealth individuals or fan communities. And there is very little time to organize this. It's likely not needed in practice but, given the snail's pace at which Quantuma operates and that they've not given any interested parties a deadline to bid, no sale can now be completed before the fixtures will be announced. We're almost out of time.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I know you’re on the only side that matters, that of Derby County and all the rams fans. Just asked you as I knew you’d have the insight to answer so thank you for doing so ? 

I can understand the frustration, there should be a way for us to contribute proactively for those with money who wish to do so. Q could write up T&Cs for a raffle for example that make it clear what the prize is, what the money generated will go towards and also a “what if” clause for if the club were to go under and the prize be null and void. I appreciate what another poster said about funds raised being redirected to service the debt but that isn’t what happened with money raised from tickets, merch, food and drink last season is it? So I wonder if there’s something within the admin rules that allow moneys generated through the business as an ongoing concern to continue being used as running costs.

You and Angie are correct - have never got this the whole way through - it is arrogant and patronising as I think @angieramsaid. Any fan fundraising has been dismissed out of hand throughout. In the program years ago used to be able to sponsor players - can something similar not be done now with the few we have left! Or fan sponsored dugouts or whatever. There must be something. We feel excluded and helpless - while there were matches you could buy tickets even if you couldnt use them but there is nothing now we can do. Times are hard but there would be many happy to contribute a decent amount. Every little helps they say. Just needs some imagination - ah yes our admins are Q

If any new loans are secured against the stadium, and I have no idea if that is the case, then it's in Mel Morris' interest to keep allowing further borrowing because he will be the biggest loser if we are liquidated.

Should we therefore expect an assurance that MSD will fund our continuing participation for the forthcoming season, as this gives Morris 9 more months to get something done.

If a deal gets done before March, then everybody gets paid. If we get liquidated, MSD get the stadium and Morris comes away with nothing but it's a risk worth taking for him.

Unfortunately Morris has proven that he is a money fan first and a Derby fan second so I can see this running for a while longer yet.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

MM made a loan to Gellaw (I think it was), Gellaw then used the money to purchase shares in DCFC. 

Gellaw owes MM the money not DCFC. 

So yes MM may have to write off his £123m loan but it has no effect on DCFC.

Mel Morris, March 16th 2017.

One I can set straight though: There is no, nada, zero mortgage on the Stadium. This was settled by me at a cost of £9M last year. The only club debt is owed to me in the form of soft loans (virtually irrecoverable except maybe after 3 years of Champions League!!!!!).

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Mel Morris, March 16th 2017.

One I can set straight though: There is no, nada, zero mortgage on the Stadium. This was settled by me at a cost of £9M last year. The only club debt is owed to me in the form of soft loans (virtually irrecoverable except maybe after 3 years of Champions League!!!!!).

These loans were later converted to equity. 

Administrators report for The Derby County Football Limited attached.

Unless I'm blind I cannot see a directors loan in the unsecured creditors.

Screenshot_20220619-124858_Drive.jpg

55 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If anyone connected to the group reads our current Dear Deidre forum, please Andrew Appleby and co, get this deal across the line as soon as possible so we can get back to enjoying the game (more off the pitch than anything else) again.

I can't wait for this thread to be closed, We can then all have a moan on who our best keeper is, Was he offside, The officials are turds, How come Forsyth was offered a contract, Fancy giving a linesman with one arm a flag, Too many fans coked up, Too many fans fantad up, The price of hookers in Portsmouth is frightening...and so on ?

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I can't wait for this thread to be closed, We can then all have a moan on who our best keeper is, Was he offside, The officials are turds, How come Forsyth was offered a contract, Fancy giving a linesman with one arm a flag, Too many fans coked up, Too many fans fantad up, The price of hookers in Portsmouth is frightening...and so on ?

About time we had some #ITK information on this thread

As soon as Ashley and the others get to view the finances internally I can see more trouble popping up. Additional loans, schedule of debts, what is and isn't under the club's control. 

The difference between paying creditors the required amount to avoid -15, is likely to be swallowed up and bids amended accordingly to reduce costs to the buyer and reality of promotion in the immediate future.

As it stands we'll be nowhere nearer takeover by the time the fixtures are ready to be announced and the EFL are going to start seriously thinking of chucking us down to the pyramid. And honestly I can't say I'd blame them. What chance is there right now of us being in a position to even have a team/ground in place in 6 weeks?

Either Ashley chucks some of his sizeable wealth at it, clears debts, and is prepared to make massive losses for a few years as we hopefully scramble back up the divisions or I think we'll be supporting a phoenix club in the future.

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

As soon as Ashley and the others get to view the finances internally I can see more trouble popping up. Additional loans, schedule of debts, what is and isn't under the club's control. 

The difference between paying creditors the required amount to avoid -15, is likely to be swallowed up and bids amended accordingly to reduce costs to the buyer and reality of promotion in the immediate future.

As it stands we'll be nowhere nearer takeover by the time the fixtures are ready to be announced and the EFL are going to start seriously thinking of chucking us down to the pyramid. And honestly I can't say I'd blame them. What chance is there right now of us being in a position to even have a team/ground in place in 6 weeks?

Either Ashley chucks some of his sizeable wealth at it, clears debts, and is prepared to make massive losses for a few years as we hopefully scramble back up the divisions or I think we'll be supporting a phoenix club in the future.

Not sure what you think will be available to view internally that was is not already visible in the administrators report?

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

Just a thought : the Administrators latest report said that the additional loans from MSD were secured by a Debenture (i.e a different form of security to the original £20m loan), so perhaps the additional funds are secured against the football club assets alone? 

Possibly, but unlikely in my opinion. The Debenture is already defined within the existing charge against the stadium, all tangible property leases and pretty much anything MSD could think of at the time. I'm not sure there are any tangible or intangible assets not already subject to the DSB charge which would come anywhere near to meeting the value of the loan(s). I think it's just Q getting excited over terminology.