The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ, £50m is a huge bid! No way is the club worth that much, even with the stadium thrown in. Quantuma should be snapping their hands off at that, maybe things are finally starting to look up now. Don’t think it takes a genius to work out that Ashley will surely make a bid today now, but I’d be surprised if the tight b****** matches that bid. Strongly suspect Appleby will be named the new preferred bidder now, though I’m sure Quantuma will drag it out as long as they can.

Have not you read what Bethan Lee tweeted? 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Christ, £50m is a huge bid! No way is the club worth that much, even with the stadium thrown in. Quantuma should be snapping their hands off at that, maybe things are finally starting to look up now. Don’t think it takes a genius to work out that Ashley will surely make a bid today now, but I’d be surprised if the tight b****** matches that bid. Strongly suspect Appleby will be named the new preferred bidder now, though I’m sure Quantuma will drag it out as long as they can.

The Stadium itself was book valued at £38m iirc at the point that MM "bought" it. It's undoubtedly worth more than that, even in the opinion of the EFL's crackpot valuer. 

14 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Probably a Forest troll.

To be fair she is a rams fan and goes home and away. Wether she’s in the know or not, who knows

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm the same.

No point in getting the money together to buy a car and then have no money left to put petrol in.

Although, if it's a very special special classic car which competed in the earliest motorsport events and is loved by tens of thousands of people and you're saving it from going to Albert Looms, it probably is.

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

To be fair she is a rams fan and goes home and away. Whether she’s in the know or not, who knows

Says a "friend" told her.  TBH I don't read her tweets as attention seeking but like I said about a gazillion pages ago, I don't know what, or who to believe any more until we get a formal statement confirming the purchase has been done. 

Edited by BucksRam
typo OCD

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I wonder if the bid is somehow contingent on earmarking £10m (or something like that) being used to sign players? In which case it's a really smart move - not having to rely on "profit" to sign players to get the club back on its feet. Any accountants out there know if this is a "thing"? 

It's hard to believe that there is a better bid out there for a League 1 club with no players and a potentially punitive business plan than £50m. Especially when the man making the bid for the good ship DCFC is a former captain who managed not to sail her onto a reef.

This must surely be the end game. Anyone else interested must make a bid today, and it will need to be impressive if Natalie Jackson is correct. Then, if no one out-bids, Appleby gets a few days to either close the deal or get sufficient funding in place to enter the league for next season. If he can't, we're done. Yet I can't see that he'd bid if he couldn't complete.

The big danger is a high bid from another tyre kicker/fantasist. No more fake Sheikhs, Spanish boxers or crypto golf buddies need apply.

19 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

This is her Twitter page and she’s getting a fair amount of stick re the tweet.One asked if she’s the sister of Barry the Ram! TBF she’s a loyal fan but ,ITK,doubtful. 

58564964-7CB2-4FB0-B4D5-05FEBF447E25.jpeg

Fair play to the girl, If she's heard from a friend then go for it, You wouldn't catch me posting stuff from something a friend said

39 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The Stadium itself was book valued at £38m iirc at the point that MM "bought" it. It's undoubtedly worth more than that, even in the opinion of the EFL's crackpot valuer. 

Very true, the stadium certainly has a higher value “on paper”, so to speak. But I think what’s becomes clear throughout this process is that a football ground is a bit different to most other assets. There’s only one business that can make use of the ground - the football club. So the only possible purchaser of the ground is either the football club itself, or someone on its behalf. That lack of competition to buy the asset, coupled with the fact that MM has to sell as he no longer owns a football club to play there, drives the purchase value way below its “paper” value.

28 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

I wonder if the bid is somehow contingent on earmarking £10m (or something like that) being used to sign players? In which case it's a really smart move - not having to rely on "profit" to sign players to get the club back on its feet. Any accountants out there know if this is a "thing"? 

Must admit I still don’t really understand the ins and outs of the EFLs seemingly “make it up as you go along” FFP system, but that sounds like something that will surely be against the rules. Regardless, I can’t see any buyer giving Rooney a £10m transfer budget in League One. It’ll be a few million max.

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's hard to believe that there is a better bid out there for a League 1 club with no players and a potentially punitive business plan than £50m. Especially when the man making the bid for the good ship DCFC is a former captain who managed not to sail her onto a reef.

This must surely be the end game. Anyone else interested must make a bid today, and it will need to be impressive if Natalie Jackson is correct. Then, if no one out-bids, Appleby gets a few days to either close the deal or get sufficient funding in place to enter the league for next season. If he can't, we're done. Yet I can't see that he'd bid if he couldn't complete.

The big danger is a high bid from another tyre kicker/fantasist. No more fake Sheikhs, Spanish boxers or crypto golf buddies need apply.

Look why cant be worth over 50m and few more million might be enough to wipe out the debts if is mike ashley he has said make more money available for players.