The Administration Thread

Boycie

Owners don't need to be a die hard fan but of course owners are fans of the club but about as much as most current players, managers and coaches, that's ok.

I accept (for the most part) owning a football club is to make money, this is why I'm sure they've looked at the books and the cost of paying debts or accepting -15 points and which makes the most financial sense. I'd imagine playing debts is cheaper as the revenue is not there in League 1 and 2, the longer we're there the worse it will be.

This is why I think MA or anyone else saying they'll accept the -15 is media scaremongering.

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

Have you been on the drink? People on here ( along with fantasy island kirch) talking promotion tilts next season with our players staying , manager staying and on mega money , players attracted to the club by said manager despite the state it’s in and a toss up whether they get they’re wages at the end of every month and a bounce straight back promotion push ,

the fantasist has left the building , now let’s get down to the real business of finding out what actual business people are prepared to pay when they fully intend to pay up and buy the club in the state it’s in 

do people actually not realise that our club is teetering on the verge of extinction and just being saved at this point is far from a given , anything beyond that is a bonus ,

now I’m just off to talk to the fairies at the bottom of my garden to see if there’s any parties comming up

Sounds more like you're off for a bath with a Joy Division album, a bottle of whisky, and a razor blade.

Kirchner's bid was deemed the most attractive and that didn't buy the stadium outright, spread the cost of repayment of debt over three years and involved a man whose personal wealth remains under speculation. This hardly looks good for the remaining bids....Fully expecting a fifteen point penalty at best now with god knows who wanting to take us over. Ashleys bid seems to be a non starter given it doesn't sound like it would meet the efl threshold on securing creditorsz Steve Morgan is in out but not shaking it all about and Appleby has reportedly lost investors. 

Now we've got rosenior leaving, fixtures to be announced in the next fortnight and 5 players under contract. If we avoid liquidation and I think that is now an outcome we may need to consider then next season feels like it's another write off. Quantuma have got serious questions to answer after all of this and if there is any truth in Ashley's claims then they shouldn't be allowed to work in football again.

8 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Simon Jordan still saying Eric Alonso has money... Yeah sure he does Simon that's why he was on twitter lying about where he lives and has 0 track record of being in business or having any personal wealth beyond his family once owning a small football club in Spain. 

1 minute ago, NottmRAM said:

Sounds more like you're off for a bath with a Joy Division album, a bottle of whisky, and a razor blade.

Actually I’m not , my gut feeling is that our club will be saved and that will make me very very happy , I won’t be all depressed and hateful to the person who eventually saves us if they don’t fulfill the kirch fantasies which he has proved he couldn’t live up to ,thank god he’s been weeded out before he causes any more damage to our club and our fans mental stability 

43 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Totally agree. This talk of getting a -15 points deduction and still being in contention for the play offs as things stand is plain fantasy......we would struggle to stay up.....

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

But the "bring Mike Ashley in" brigade don't see it.

15 points deduction next season will mean League Two the following season.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Kirchner's bid was deemed the most attractive and that didn't buy the stadium outright, spread the cost of repayment of debt over three years and involved a man whose personal wealth remains under speculation. This hardly looks good for the remaining bids....Fully expecting a fifteen point penalty at best now with god knows who wanting to take us over. Ashleys bid seems to be a non starter given it doesn't sound like it would meet the efl threshold on securing creditorsz Steve Morgan is in out but not shaking it all about and Appleby has reportedly lost investors. 

Now we've got rosenior leaving, fixtures to be announced in the next fortnight and 5 players under contract. If we avoid liquidation and I think that is now an outcome we may need to consider then next season feels like it's another write off. Quantuma have got serious questions to answer after all of this and if there is any truth in Ashley's claims then they shouldn't be allowed to work in football again.

Hear what u saying but we have to cling to the hope ed dawes has said theres 6-8 interested parties..  positively bidding was it the term he used? 

we have hope.. not a lot .. but agree its hard to not get down about things atm 

1 minute ago, NottmRAM said:

We would be relegated for sure. We'll have an attendence of around 16,000 and no players of championship quality. Last season was all about sticking it to the EFL but next season on -15 points, it will be down to the new owner. No group of players will put in 100% every week when it's the owners fault and the fans will throw the towel in also.

would almost prefer league 2 next season but with a clean start.

Can folks stop this idea that just because someone is incredible rich they should be happy to over-spend to save the club or to make sure we can start the next season on zero points.....people simply don't get to be incredibly rich by frittering money away unnecessarily. It's also part of the 'game' that investors play to buy something as cheaply as possible and turn a huge profit (look at the finance/crypto threads if you need proof for how many ordinary people are doing exactly that (though at a far smaller scale)).

I suggested previously (though probably over 1500 pages ago) that if (for example) Ashley buys us, he won't care too much about getting promoted in the short-term. It will be a long-term project with the aim of making us a sustainable PL team in the next 10-15 years. He's therefore going to pay the bare minimum that he can get away with.....I've used Ashley as an example, but I suspect the same applies to the majority of other possible owners with no current ties to the club. It simply doesn't make sense to chuck money at the club...

Kirchner's agreeement to pay what the EFL and creditors demanded made no sense for a club heading into League One - there simply isn't the value in the club without the ground attached....I really can't see anyone else being willing to match his deal. We either start next season in League One on -15 or we get liquidated and come back as a phoenix club in a year's time - I really can't see any alternative scenario that makes sense now CK has delayed so much and effectively chucked us in the creek without a paddle

Edited by Gaspode

9 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Minus 15 won’t be down to the new owner at all. It will be down to MM like everything has. 

Why should a new owner pay circa £50-60 mil for something worth half that?

You wouldnt 

54 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

The EFL insolvency rules require 25% to preferred creditors (HMRC) or 35% over 3 years. If you fail to exit admin in that way it is -15

No, I believe the rules say 25/35 to the unsecured creditors, which is only a very small amount of the debt. 

The difference between 10% and 25% is considerably less than a £1m and definitely not worth taking -15.

I'm with Mostyn on this. It's a full deal or no deal. 

The only way I can see -15 is if we fail another term of the insolvency rules - which don't appear to be in the public domain so it's impossible to know. However, the penalty for failing any part of it is upto -15.

One option is not being able to show a 10 year tenancy agreement for the stadium. 

14 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

We are in the realms on just hoping we have a club. Points deductions and possible relegation to league two a of minor concern to be honest.

7 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

You might be right.

You might be wrong.

I have had enough of being depressed.

What will be will be.

Whatever state we are in, whoever owns us, and whatever league we are in, we will exist.

I for one will not stop supporting DCFC. We could be liquidated but we will reform and start moving up one way or another, there are too many fans in Derby - which is a one club town - which is important.

Chin up. Think about when we get sorted and when we are on the the way back up ...

"Ball number 99 - Derby County (*Dorito Durex League North*), will play .... ball number 45 ... Wycombe Wanderers (League 1) ......"

ram GIF by Dead Set on Life

16 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Whilst agreeing that promotion is very unlikely with a 15 point deduction, I disagree that relegation is a certainty. A mid table points haul would avoid relegation. I don't agree that no group of players will give 100%, there are plenty of players who are free agents, including current members of our squad, who would be over the moon to get a contract at Derby next season, playing in front of decent crowds and having top class training facilities, when the alternative is no contract anywhere.

The right manager and a supportive crowd would carry us to safety.

15 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We are in the realms on just hoping we have a club. Points deductions and possible relegation to league two a of minor concern to be honest.

I wouldn't be so sure. I would suggest that those are effectively kicking the can down the road a bit further, and we could still end up in danger of going under!

16 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I hear his next move will be to shake it all about.

Hopefully in the privacy of his own home.

This has been the problem with those involved in the buying, the selling and the stirrers. Too many have been waving it about in public, trying to dominate show off their Alpha Maleness!

Keep it in your trousers, Guys. We are not impressed and believe me, nothing of interest lies therein.

7 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Whilst agreeing that promotion is very unlikely with a 15 point deduction, I disagree that relegation is a certainty. A mid table points haul would avoid relegation. I don't agree that no group of players will give 100%, there are plenty of players who are free agents, including current members of our squad, who would be over the moon to get a contract at Derby next season, playing in front of decent crowds and having top class training facilities, when the alternative is no contract anywhere.

The right manager and a supportive crowd would carry us to safety.

You are too optimistic. You will receive a warning from the forum mods in due course. Further infringement will result in a suspension of your account.

35 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

this is on Mel actually, the new owner will just have saved us from liquidation