The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

So would the EFL be kicking out the other clubs with money issues as well then? And before you say it it’s in the rules that you can start a season in administration 

Not quite the same is it,other clubs aren't in administration,other clubs have a full squad.

Yes you can start another season in administration however the EFL have a right to ask for proof of funding to complete the season, at this present time we can't do that.

I am still on page 2020, and have to go do some work, but a deal (actual sale) does not need to be concluded by 23 June (fixture list). As long as Q can present a suitable business plan to the EFL, and a generous benefactor (say a Clowes or Gadsby type figure) is prepared to guarantee funding the club in the short to medium term by way of gift/loan, and creditors are no worse off, the EFL are not going to say no. It is in their rules that we can continue to be in the League at the start of the season notwithstanding being in Admin for some 9 months.  Chill everyone; there are a lot of interested parties out there.  All I would say is that at some point in the season to come though, perhaps before we kick-off in the first game, it is highly likely that we will have a 15 point penalty to contend with.

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think you're being a bit naive there Mostyn. Failing an anti money laundering check has inherent reputational damage. Anyone with £21m can afford a good lawyer. The authorities will not block transfers without good reasons.

hang on, who said he'd failed the anti laundering checks? For all you know, his money is still held up and he just gave up to allow the club to move on.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

What are you disagreeing with? We wont be able to afford the maintenance on the stadium if we're starting too far down the pyramid and we definitely won't be able to afford to buy it without a mysterious benefactor. Neither of those points is debatable. You could argue that you think the timescales wont be quite so long as a decade, but you are relying on back to back promotions to get us straight back up.

I said the stadium wouldnt be demolished as well - that was my entire argument - its too expensive to redevelop the land!!!! You wont make millions out of putting shops, etc in it though - not a chance. The only way you will make any significant money from it is gigs, etc and thats only if you're competitive enough to pull those events away from the bigger cities like Nottingham.

I seem to remember there is planning permission for a roof to be installed.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

I am still on page 2020, and have to go do some work, but a deal (actual sale) does not need to be concluded by 23 June (fixture list). As long as Q can present a suitable business plan to the EFL, and a generous benefactor (say a Clowes or Gadsby type figure) is prepared to guarantee funding the club in the short to medium term by way of gift/loan, and creditors are no worse off, the EFL are not going to say no. It is in their rules that we can continue to be in the League at the start of the season notwithstanding being in Admin for some 9 months.  Chill everyone; there are a lot of interested parties out there.  All I would say is that at some point in the season to come though, perhaps before we kick-off in the first game, it is highly likely that we will have a 15 point penalty to contend with.

The problem is how do we get a team together. I'm worried for next season. This is why I was hoping the Kirchner deal was completed. He was on good terms with Rooney and would have ensured we had a competitive side, and no more points penalties. Now we don't know what's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

All of which is why I think it will get done before the fixture list pinch point. 

39 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Just a thought re Liquidation, The hassle this will cause will be like asking MM for a loan, Mansfield promoted, Solihull promoted, A N Other promoted and so on, Those teams have already based all on this season being where they are now, A shedload of work to be done form each team all with the help of the EFL of course, 2 fixture lists side by side.

Someone will be getting overtime ?‍♀️  

I think if you asked those clubs who are likely to benefit from promotion they would snap your hands off,certainly Mansfield and Solihull would,hopefully it does not come to that,make no mistake the EFL will of already have made there plans for worse case senario 

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

hang on, who said he'd failed the anti laundering checks? For all you know, his money is still held up and he just gave up to allow the club to move on.

Tying to access ~£50k of my own legit money for mortgage purposes. Just made the third call to a 'reputable' financial institution.......first call was 3 weeks ago. Forms are 'in the post' but a back up will be emailed and with me in 2-3 days.

No transatlantic transfers. No laundering checks. Just good old fashioned incompetence. Maybe CK has encountered a bit of the same.

But we move on.........

59 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

One of the issues we have as supporters is Q are tasked with getting the best deal for the creditors  there is no one ensuring that whoever takes over the ownership our club will have the interests of the club at heart and be able to sustain us in the long term.

The bottom line is Derby County is a business however, we supporters have a lot more invested in Derby County than we do in our local Tescos, which is also a business.

There’s nothing we can do about the above just sit and hope for the right outcome.

This post is an excellent example of how to depress yourself????

That's it exactly,unless we have a DCFC  supporter with deep pockets and a big bank balance (yes i know we have already done that).

Buyers wont have the sentiment regarding the club it is purely business and not a very viable business at that.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m still not sure he ever transferred any money. And, if he did, it would be a surprise if he pulled the money back.

My view is he apparently has issues that we all know about in paying people in his existing businesses (and perhaps bigger financial problems) and because of this he got cold feet and needed an out. Which, in this instance was the ‘money laundering checks’- that are very, very difficult to disprove.

It was also some time ago that he ceased communicating with fans too. Why was that? Again, I think the ‘cold feet’ argument applies here too.

As always, happy to be proven wrong.

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Iram. I agree. I am still hopeful we can avoid a 15 point penalty but depends how generous these new bids are. 

The admins need to ask the EFL for permission to run the club this season. If someone comes in, then great sell it. 

However, the clock is ticking and we need to sell season tickets, 6 match plans etc

As the tickets are sold, we start getting a budget and sign more of the old players on for next year. 

We also need to accept that a semi sensible bid for any of the players contracted need to be accepted. 

If we don't do this now there is real danger we won't have a club anymore 

23 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I would imagine the EFL have the right to say that unfortunately DCFC have been unable to provide proof of funding to complete the upcoming season therefore it is with regret they have been excluded from the seasons fixture list to maintain the integrity of the league.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Man claims to have sent money. Money doesn't arrive.

Man claims money has been sent but the delay is anti money laundering check.

Money never does arrive.

Logically there are two options.

A, it was never sent.

B, it failed the anti money laundering check.

Whichever was the case, was that really someone we wanted owning our club?

C, the money laundering checks were ongoing but the buyer looking at the $h!tstorm around this decided he’s better off out of it and so withdrew. 

But generally agree with your point. Will be interesting to see if an undisputed clear explanation ever sees the light of day. 

Edited by ck-
Minor clarification

26 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I didn't say he had failed, I said that it logic dictated that it was one of two likely scenarios. 

If he did not fail the AML check, he never sent the money in the first place - which I think is the most likely.

His bid will have incurred costs. He would not walk away whilst there was a chance of it succeeding, ie, if his payment was still being 'processed'.

1 hour ago, sage said:

Then how did he show proof of funds?

I have no idea - but the fact it’s heavily rumoured he hasn’t paid his own employees, he used bank holidays as excuses, disappeared off social media as soon as it got to the fact the money wasn’t appearing among a ton of other things. Including the EFL and Q not exactly having the most concreate reputations for being thorough (see the Portsmouth article about one of the lead men at Q trying to sell a reporter to Blackpool when they were doing the Portsmouth admin) and I think it makes me question whether those proof of funds were really proof at all. I just don’t have a lot of confidence of any one in this process.