The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Exactly - it's patently obvious it's a structural problem. If you wanted to design a structure to encoruage owners to gamble recklessly on the future of their clubs, it's hard to think of a better one than the one we've currently got! The fundamental root cause of the problem is the very existence of the Premier League itself as a separate entity. Ideally it all needs bringing back under a single structure with one set of rules and one juristiction. That way, if clubs gamble with FFP and suceed in getting promotion, they'd still get a points deduction which would mean they'd almost certainly be coming straight back down. You could also say no parachute payments if you've broken FFP to get promoted. This would also make it harder for newly promoted clubs in breach of FFP to attact players because the players would know the club was almost certainly going down (due to the points deduction) and anyway, without the parachute payments the clubs would find it much harder to fund Premier League contracts.

Unfortunately, the Premier League isn't going to be abolished any time soon for the very reason it was set up in the first place - the greed of the big clubs. So the next best option would be for an independent regulator, covering the whole of English football under a single umbrella, to impose a shared juristiction on both the Football League and the Premier League, with FFP penalties applying as indicated above even when you move between leagues.

This would dramatically reduce the incentive for reckless spending on the basis that you'll get away with it if you get promoted because the best you're likely to get is a season like Derby had in 2006-2007. In other words, this would encourage owners to pursue incremental progress and sustainable growth rather than leading them down the gambler's fallacy path that Morris followed between 2014 and 2019.

Pretty much accurate , except the parachute payments are just an extension of the PL problem.. in order to compete in the Championship you hit against the problem that maybe six or more teams are in receipt of parachute payments and so receive an unfair subsidy.

That was Morris problem, even spending as much as he did , he couldn't outspend the likes of  Aston Villa, who were able to turn down £40 million offers for Grealish, due to parachute money and similar creative accounting to what he employed. . 

And the high wages being paid by the parachuted clubs just up the ante for the wages in a competitive market. Madness, complete  structural madness. And all this the brainchild of one Rick Parry. 

18 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The problem is even if it did go through, he will have a job getting a lot of fans back onside.

Maybe it is completely innocent, and there's a holdup with the European clearing bank which he has no control over. But if this were the case why did he not at least say something.

Had he just been upfront and honest instead of going silent, fans wouldn't have turned against him. At the same time, the multiple contradictory media reports haven't helped matters. 

If he gets the club then he gets the club and we're saved. That's all that matters, as many on here continue to say.

To be fair to him. He was sharing pretty much everything (maybe naively) and because it didn't come off as he expected,  he got lambasted. So maybe he decided to keep quiet. 

12 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Whoever gets the club the proof will be in the pudding, fans can think what they like in the early days, if we're ultimately run well then this will all be just a distant memory.

Very true. People were happy with Mel initially but look how it's turned out.

This whole process is so grubby 

I want to hide away until :

1) I get my season ticket renewal info

2) I see the League 1 fixtures with us in it

3) I get to go to a pre-season game

Then relax briefly until the rollercoaster ride of emotions starts all over again cheering on the boys

Edited by SamUltraRam

12 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Kirchners money to clear in 3 2 1 ohh wait 

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but my gut is telling me he still hasn't got the cash, but he's lined up a nice little escape route for when someone else buys it - "oh well, I was trying real hard, but well, Q went and sold it to someone else because they couldn't wait.." that way he would appear to be the good guy. 

Otherwise, I'm not sure why his cash would be doing a quick tour of Europe?? 

So if anyone here is on holiday and sees £22m in cash taking a quick selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower - grab and stick it on a f****** plane to EMA!! 

Edited by Phuket Ram

I was behind Kirchner. Said the right things, good communications, seemed savvy enough to see the mess over the stadium. Didn’t want to be taken to the cleaners by PNE. Looked clued up and clearly interested in sport beyond just vanity. I had my doubts first time round. He seemed loud and brash with a bit too much talk and I said so. I shoved that first instinct away because I thought maybe I am old and out of touch. So I was cautiously enthusiastic and trusting when he came back, for all the positive reasons I cited earlier.

Not now. Even if he gets us I will be very wary. I don’t know if the none payment of employees is true but that mixed in with saga over the funds makes me think, regardless of his paper wealth, that he is a seat of the pants “wing it” kind of guy. I don’t want that in my Football club, which is an institution, part of the fabric of my society. It is not a slot machine for mixologists to use when not much is going on in the bar. 

15 minutes ago, jono said:

Could be, but there must surely be their professional body in the first instance. There’s the bar council and the law society for lawyers .. What is it for insolvency practitioners ?  That port of call comes before the ombudsman I would have thought ? 

Try Googling. It’s all there 

1 minute ago, Phuket Ram said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but my gut is telling me he still hasn't got the cash, but he's lined up a nice little escape route for when someone else buys it - "oh well, I was trying real hard, but well, Q went and sold it to someone else because they couldn't wait.." that way he would appear to be the good guy. 

So if anyone here in on holiday and sees £22m in cash taking a quick selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower - grab and stick it on a f****** plane to EMA!! 

Lol.

Thinking about it, won't it have to be checked into a UK bank? Or doesn't the 'escrow account' care? 

1 minute ago, Phuket Ram said:

So if anyone here in on holiday and sees £22m in cash taking a quick selfie in front of the Eiffel Tower - grab and stick it on a f****** plane to EMA!! 

I do think he got the money but like he said being checked but being report on european banks now.

It's not necessarily about how much money you have, it's about how it's used.

I don't know where the claims of a -15 point deduction being likely under Ashley have come from.

I think it would be catastrophic. Rooney and the players would probably decide to walk away leaving us with a huge recruiting job to do in a little amount of time. 

It's not a good look is it, coming straight into the club accepting yet another points penalty knowing full well it could have been avoided. I can't see why Ashley would do that. 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

I was behind Kirchner. Said the right things, good communications, seemed savvy enough to see the mess over the stadium. Didn’t want to be taken to the cleaners by PNE. Looked clued up and clearly interested in sport beyond just vanity. I had my doubts first time round. He seemed loud and brash with a bit too much talk and I said so. I shoved that first instinct away because I thought maybe I am old and out of touch. So I was cautiously enthusiastic and trusting when he came back, for all the positive reasons I cited earlier.

Not now. Even if he gets us I will be very wary. I don’t know if the none payment of employees is true but that mixed in with saga over the funds makes me think, regardless of his paper wealth, that he is a seat of the pants “wing it” kind of guy. I don’t want that in my Football club, which is an institution, part of the fabric of my society. It is not a slot machine for mixologists to use when not much is going on in the bar. 

You think he’d ever not pay the players? That would just be throwing his investment away. Nobody is that stupid! 

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

You think he’d ever not pay the players? That would just be throwing his investment away. Nobody is that stupid! 

Isn't that what happened at slync.io as reported by the Athletic? Seems something to do with outside investors too.

"Kirchner is understood to have issued an apology to Slync.io employees, citing an operational error in the company’s banking practices as the reason for the late payment and promising that it will not happen again.

These issues with late payments arose when Kirchner tries to secure venture capital for Slync.io through what is called a Series C funding round, although he assured the team that the two issues are unrelated."