The Administration Thread

Boycie

There's a very fine Isaac Asimov short story called Jokester, which reveals the origins of jokes: http://blog.ac-versailles.fr/villaroylit/public/Jokester.pdf 

It's only short and well worth a read. The only spoiler I shall reveal is that it definitively explains why puns are not funny, in the way that proper jokes are funny.

59 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

How?

US banking is very much crap compared to the UK. The only thing I know that is reasonably quick domestically is Zelle. Venmo and other ACH is next day minimum.

Never had much of a problem with either US or UK to be honest. Transfers from one to another are usually next working day max.

Having said that the most i have done is £400K!

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Could some send kircher to see were the take over is at.

I think best to leave him alone B4....i'm sure he'll let us know when its all done ..wont be long I'm sure

On 05/06/2022 at 13:19, I DONT MIND said:

This maybe a controversial comment, but once Morris is completely away from the club, if he decides to take the EFL to court, i know which side i'm on and it isn't the ELF.

I think the club could take them to court as well for restriction of practice or something like that, because they have certainly prevented us operating properly as a football club.

Edited by DavesaRam

2 hours ago, DerbysLane said:

I'm not ashamed in the slightest.  My grandad was involved in some pretty famous naval battles in WWII, was sunk a few times, family told he had died etc etc.  Did he go constantly on about it?  Not at all, you couldn't get a word out of him about the war.  He wanted to forget about it and move on.  I'm more interested in the future than living and in the past of world wars.

Fair enough .. but just remember in that future of yours, you have a voice, you have the chance to protest, moan and “call out” your rulers. You can have opinions and at the same time are insulated by the simple knowledge that the rattle on the doorstep is the postman and nothing else. All because that generation stood up and said no to the alternatives. Dismiss history at your peril. Without knowing history you can’t see where populist right wingers and left wing ideologue dinosaurs are going with their bellicose calls to the mob. It was never for your Grandad to go on about it. It is always for you to remember. 

Edited by jono

1 hour ago, GeneralRam said:

How?

US banking is very much crap compared to the UK. The only thing I know that is reasonably quick domestically is Zelle. Venmo and other ACH is next day minimum.

Zelle is capped at $10k but usually is 1 hour maximum.

At his point no more worried than usual about the wait (just the usual 5 hours doomscrolling twitter), I stand by Weds as my meltdown day of choice.

The lack of Percy/Nixon red flags means that their source in the EFL is confident it will be resolved in the manner that it publicly looks like at this point. The minute CK starts all "Honestly it's in the post..." I expect those two to be all over it, even whilst DerbyshireLive is still clickbaiting us with "news Derby fans will go wild for" (Actual article: Roberto Baggio thinks it was a mistake going to Perugia or something).

Also the language of those with some knowledge is still a combination of "will" or "expect to" go through. Once it moves to "hopeful it" or "should" go through then that's a worry to.

The fact he started blocking people for normal non trolling questions and statements has wound me up enough. We've been waiting 2 years for a take over and still waiting. Making excuses whilst the deals not done and then falling silent is a red flag and doesn't fill me with much confidence in him if/when he does take over. 

We've already had one bell. we dont need another. 

4 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

The fact he started blocking people for normal non trolling questions and statements has wound me up enough. We've been waiting 2 years for a take over and still waiting. Making excuses whilst the deals not done and then falling silent is a red flag and doesn't fill me with much confidence in him if/when he does take over. 

We've already had one bell. we dont need another. 

Maybe that’s what he thinks about the posters? Lol.