The Administration Thread

Boycie

Got my eye on Weds for completion now. These things do take time and if this time needs to be in one go else we go back to square 1 then it looks like it needs 3 consecutive days (not the 2 we've just had). If it's not Weds then I'll start catastrophising again (I'm lying this whole affair has given me the resting heart rate of a field mouse on the verge of a panic attack).

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Ashley has had 9 months to get his act together. He has the resources to have done a deal before Christmas and give us a fighting chance of staying up. He chose not to. Instead, he's been preoccupied adding yet more strands to his retail empire. That will always be his priority, not DCFC. 

I once thought he was our best hope of salvation, but all he's done is flirt, and not even in person. 

A day closer to Ashley is a day closer to starting next season on - 15 at best. No thanks. 

Agree, if this falls through (see I couldnt even wait until the end of this post to catastrophise) and MA rocks up, there is a lot more pain to go through as he needs us in a worse state to get the best purchase price. Resolved about a week before the season starts, the kit will effectively be playing in vests and pants and with no time to assemble a squad I might get a game first up.

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Jesus wept 

I just don’t see the Kirchner fit. It makes no sense at all.

His openness shows his naivety. Fans are fickle and who do you think they’ll be tweeting every time we loses a game. It won’t be Rooney? or Cook?they’ll go straight to the top and before long CK will get fed up trying to  respond to gobby Rams or Red Dog micky takers.

This twitter lark is a pretty stupid thing to be doing in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Are you seriously comparing the two deals as if they are remotely the same in order to chuck some shade?

Come on Foreveram, you're better than that mate!!! 

No, it’s just that you listed a whole load of reasons why the deals not been done. I ran my own business for 30 years and the words I hate most is I can’t. That said there’s nothing any of us can do to speed things up so I’m off to put some buntings up for our street party ?????

19 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

His openness shows his naivety. Fans are fickle and who do you think they’ll be tweeting every time we loses a game. It won’t be Rooney? or Cook?they’ll go straight to the top and before long CK will get fed up trying to  respond to gobby Rams or Red Dog micky takers.

Thanks for sharing 

A) LIfe is complicated 

B) Business is more complicated 

C) Football Business is even more complicated 

D) Derby is an enigma wrapped in a riddle. 

E) Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean all the time, poo happens which isn't anyone's fault

F) Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's not as good as Jaffa Cakes

G) Wait till Monday 

H) In the meantime, drink beer, eat crap and enjoy 4 days off work

Edited by sage

1 minute ago, sage said:

A) LIfe is complicated 

E) Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean all the time, poo happens which isn't anyone's fault

G) Wait till Monday 

Mmmm Jaffa Cakes.

23 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

He’s trying to be open and honest. 

If there was no news he’d be getting blasted for being too quiet. 

Which one do we want him to be? It’s not like he can communicate through the club channels at the moment so this is his only way and when he’s got the club in his name, he will more than likely go through the club channels. 

The guy can’t win at the moment unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

A) LIfe is complicated 

G) Wait till Monday 

Unless you work at Aldi ?

The wages got paid and no one apart from Derby fans seems worried (EFL, Q, cK, no rumbling from other parties to the deal).

It'll be fine.

And if it's not fine, we'll no doubt be able to find out about it from our fearless investigative sports journalists exactly when the EFL want us to.

42 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Whilst I think you’re wrong about being another day closer to Ashley, I do think you have a point about CK and Twitter. Yes as some have said he’s trying to impart information with good intentions, you possibly see that yourself when you say he’s a good guy; he will tire of the abuse, which he will eventually receive in buckets on Twitter if we lose a string of matches, we’re not signing this person or that person, why didn’t we complete sooner so Rooney could be more prepared, it’s all waiting to kick off for him.

Maybe holding his counsel, will be a better policy in future, with only occasional tweets of good news, as I can see he’s setting himself up for some hatred in the future. It’s a fair point to make.

Edited by Zag zig

49 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

No, it’s just that you listed a whole load of reasons why the deals not been done. I ran my own business for 30 years and the words I hate most is I can’t. That said there’s nothing any of us can do to speed things up so I’m off to put some buntings up for our street party ?????

I can't understand that post. I'll go back and read it again if I can. ?

I imagine that the number of contributors to this website will now be dramatically reduced, due to the amount of serious wrist-slashing we're witnessing.

As for social media, who was that nob asking CK whether he's be attending the home matches? Is it just the oxygen of publicity?

If you're a "subjective Bayesian" you can assign probabilities to things that evolve as you get more information. Despite the debate in statistics circles, subjective Bayesians think everyone is, at heart, one of them.

There's no obvious good reason for the delay and the bank holidays appear a bit of a smokescreen. My phone calendar has US and UK ones in. Yet Kirchner appears genuine in much of his communication, even though the source of his funding remains unclear and the complication of an already complex situation with the ground seems weird.

So right now  I'd give it an 80% chance that he goes through with the purchase. That might be too high based on hope, but right now hope is all we have.

Nixon has confirmed that the players have been paid. The only party that could have put in the funds to do that at this stage is Kirchner. Unless he's the sort of person who likes burning the best part of £1M, I'd say he's still very much committed to completion. 

I was once involved in a far less complicated transaction, with all the funding in place, but which also involved 5 sets of lawyers. The completion date got moved 5 times over the space of two weeks due to late interventions by one or other of the lawyers, on one occasion at 10.30pm with all of us poised to sign, and some parties wouldn't agree to complete unless their lawyers were 100% happy. This sh*t happens, and it would be foolish of Kirchner to say too much about what is the issue and who is causing it. 

I'm still very confident it will go through.